Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

I just paid 235 for GA Pearl Jam tickets. Just like groceries, fuel and everything else, it’s price gouging to the extreme.
That's not bad Gunners. I paid $350 GA for KISS last year and the year before

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Problem is of government fund LO, dragons want money for Kogarah and Win stadium, Dogs for Belmore, Manly for Brookvale.

I think apart from Belmore … hasnt money been spent on the others you mention?

LO hasn’t had a dime in a long time

The narrative that it regularly sells out is false. Last week didn't sell out but it didn't stop pooper calling it as such.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

My family had a good laugh when he declared straight faced it a sell out - with the camera operator capturing a lot of empty seats in the background.

it is not the size of the crowd stand corrected there
it is the fact someone whether that be nrl or club has decided a breakdown of the following is a good idea
2 Thursday night games at LO - Thursday night games do not get a crowd especially manly who don't travel and cowboys. It is like the club do not want crowds at the LO games.
Based in that draw CSS shoud draw a lot more than LO, given the opposition and the time of games, don't think Richo would be unhappy with that
Broadcasters decision

The NIMBYS will object everything. Going bigger at LO would stall out just like the leagues club did.
Getting money is one thing, getting anything approved is a whole new battle.

We need to move on.
My reply was in relation to Campbelltown.

Pretty sure it would be well received in the South West/

I know he said that … but it’s like the first time he has said something which I don’t agree with … as I have said earlier … both LO and Cambo got the bad fixtures and Homebush got the best fixtures over the years…
I had a look at the 2023, 2022 and 2021 draw. All 3 years the team sucked so a bit of an equalizer in terms of fan engagement.
Here’s how it looks over the 3 seasons, opposition plus official crowd.
LO:
Titans 15k, Knights 13k, Cows 12j, dogs 15k, eels 13k, raiders 10k, Cows 10k, panthers 9k, rabbits 15k

CSS:
manly 10k, raiders 11k, storm 8k, warriors 7k, manly 10k, knights 10k, roosters 6k, titans 6k

Other “hone” games went to:
Accor x 2, suncorp x 4, commbank x 8, tamworth x 2, waikato x 1, rockhampton x 1, redcliff x 1.

What does this all mean?
For a start, no wonder everyone thinks we have an identity crisis. We played more home games away from home (19) than we did at our real home grounds (17). Why give up home ground advantage, particularly a struggling team.
Secondly, average crowds at LO were 12.5k and 8.5k at CSS. That’s a huge difference, close enough to 50% bigger crowds at LO. You can argue opposition, day of the week, how early or late in the season, etc. plays a role in this, and I’m sure it does. However when I look at the above draw I’m not sure there was a material difference in quality of games, I.e position on ladder, Sydney based teams etc.
The reality is, people don’t turn up at CSS like they do at LO, by a big margin. If the future is in the Macarthur district, we have some work to do if bums on seats are anything to go by.
My theory? CSS is somewhere you go directly to the stadium, by car or by train, watch the game, then go home. LO on the other hand is an outing. You go to a nearby pub before the game - there’s about 6 within 15 minutes walk to the ground - about half an hour before kickoff you do the walk down Mary Street with all the other punters, and after the game it’s back to the pubs or a feed at Norton Street or Haberfield.
They are both what you would call suburban grounds, but LO is more urban than suburban. A game of footy at CSS is just a game of footy. A game at LO is an event, even when the team is getting flogged.
I still think we should split home games between CSS and LO and with the exception of magic round, forget the away “home” games. But the punters need to pull their finger out and get to CSS in the same way they do to LO. Otherwise, the whole “future is in Macarthur” is just BS.

You just said they draw big crowds against the Storm. Last time the Storm were there, there were 9k.
I don’t think you can take to much from last years numbers. We got the wooden spoon the year before and were odds on favourite to get it again. The cowboys result was completely unexpected so I think 9 and 12k are pretty decent numbers for what we were dishing up on and off the field At the time.

Airds has a lot of dormant real estate for a new centre of excellence and Stadium...

No NIMBYs there - anything goes!!

Let's get in the trenches and truly embrace the wonderful South-West diaspora wholeheartedly!

I don’t think you can take to much from last years numbers. We got the wooden spoon the year before and were odds on favourite to get it again. The cowboys result was completely unexpected so I think 9 and 12k are pretty decent numbers for what we were dishing up on and off the field At the time.
It’s never a decent number. The club bleeds money out of its arse with an attendance like that.

It’s never a decent number. The club bleeds money out of its arse with an attendance like that.
I agree it’s not decent but that’s because the resukts have been poor. But I recall years when we were playing well getting crowds in the high teens at LO and CTown regardless of who we played. win games and money will come as will the crowds and then people will advocate for a stadium upgrade. I also think we are better chance of getting funding for Ctown than we are LO.

I cannot imagine in mind and heart - even though I like to believe i I have an imagination and heart that - Leichhardt is Albanese's seat - his home ground- and he turns us away for war. For weapons of mass destruction. Not Love.

Gallagher - what are your thoughts on that? I ask cause I'm a little confused.... cause... in the same breath.....he says that humans in Australia cannot live in caravans on their own property....

• Sad
I watched the latest Behind the Roar.
He talks about how Leichhardt is unsafe and there's a throwaway line about "Richo's deal with Stadium Australia".

Can you substantiate your "from what I've heard".
Because I've heard the opposite...Campbelltown pay the WT's handsomely to play there.
When I have managed to get to a game I always see this passionate group of supporters who for a while had a working relationship to an extent with Pascoe and the club to a certain degree. Anyway I got around to talking to them after a game at LO because they always base themselves behind the goal posts. Not exactly sure where they set up base when they play at CSS but they do go there as well believe all of them are members so they try and attend every home game. I know they didn’t set up one at Conmbank which was understandable but anyway when I talked to them they mentioned how even playing at both LO and CSS does cost the club money but it costs the club more when it’s at Campbelltown. Apparently it costs the club 200K just to even open the gates. But if that’s true I think the poor attendance is also a factor in this as well but also there isn’t a club in the SW that pours money into the Wests Tigers since Wests Campbelltown sold their ownership back in 2013. I imagine if the club ever does make a permanent move that way either Wests Campbelltown will work closely with the club again, or they’ll build a new leagues club that way which works for the club as well. But that’s what I’ve heard is why the club loses money when they play at Campbelltown. They even lose money playing at Leichhardt but I imagine it’s not as much.

Back