Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

Home ground identity is so important. Look at Broncos this season. Their only away win is at Campbelltown. Warriors struggling outside of NZ. Playing at a neutral venue is going to kill this club more than people think. Leichhardt has to have more games if not Campbelltown. Penrith playing at Parra's stadium next season will take a lot out of them. Even though they're a great team. Look at away clubs when they play at Suncorp for example as well. This is the first thing I really disagree with from Richo and it's very disappointing. Hopefully a new Liverpool stadium is built but I doubt it
Souths made the preliminary for 5 years in a row playing at Accor - didn't affect them. You can have a home ground anywhere the important part is picking one.

let Parramatta have their stadium next to their leagues club and city. it is no place for Wests Tigers to set up camp. Accor is next door to Concord, has even more space for Richo's precious corporates and is well connected via public transport + an ungodly amount of parking.

I really hope Richardson + Co. take a survey from members and fans asking what they would prefer.
Survey results
15000 emails
7500 LO
7500 CSS

RICHO - “Fark”

We have to fight that Liberal party corruption, every other suburban stadium in sydney has received funding for upgrades in the last 10-15 years. The Libs just threw money at the electorates to keep the votes coming in.

In any case, Leichhardt Oval is in the best shape it's been in for decades. More toilets and food and beverage outlets than ever before. CSS needs to get rid of the hill at the northern end and put in a grandstand there with lots of corporate boxes.
It’s not really corruption though . They chose to spend the money in the areas that they chose . It’s thier choice to spend the budget as see fit . Of course if we hate it , we then have a choice to vote them out , and as such hope the new party does as we want .
It’s just we drew the short straw .

It’s not really corruption though . They chose to spend the money in the areas that they chose . It’s thier choice to spend the budget as see fit . Of course if we hate it , we then have a choice to vote them out , and as such hope the new party does as we want .
It’s just we drew the short straw .
Hopefully next time there’s a budget for footy stadiums, we are being led by a Richo and not a pumpkin, big noting himself for aquiring his funds so he can lease a new gym.

I hate Olympic stadium but if you have to choose a larger stadium then that's probably it.

The key thing is to make it as cheap as possible for family memberships and juniors to come to games. Organise buses to take kids and families, invest a lot of the corporate dollars into getting fans to the game.

If you can somehow get 25k plus to games then you can generate some kind of atmosphere, and try to lump fans as close together as possible.

It must have cheap tickets. With Leichhardt and Campbelltown you're selling something with limited availability, at Olympic you've got an infinite number. Price should reflect that.

I can't remember the price at the start of the year but currently the cheapest ticketed tigers membership is $180 for remaining 8 games (22.5 a ticket). Bulldogs have 9 remaining home games and their membership is $145 ($16 a ticket). We need to try to get as close or even cheaper than the Bulldogs. Bulldogs have no family membership option but Tigers should offer an even more discounted family membership (with option for just 1 adult and 2 kids) because getting kids to games is the future of the club. There are plenty of passionate fans who don't come to games because of financial difficulties. I currently don't have a ticketed membership and don't take my kids to all home games because I can't afford it. Playing at Homebush should at least allow more access for our poorer supporters.

In the AFL, the Western Bulldogs have a 3 game membership option for $33. Prices like that would get people to the games.

But the bulldogs attendance this year has been pretty woeful, which suggests at the apathy for home grounds that playing at Homebush can create in fans. Anything below 25k at Homebush and the stadium is absolutely dead. At 25k it has a tiny pulse.

I think the SFS is probably the best choice of the other bigger ones, but it would be too weird and divergent from our desire to build a Western suburbs identity. We felt out of place at Commbank. Sure that would mainly be down to our poor performances there, but I hate that half the ground is allocated to corporate sponsors, just feels like a really corporate, soulless stadium.

Last edited:
If we are forced to move on from our current arrangement the best of a bad bunch for us is Accor. Its in our territory central for most it has Richo's famous corporate seats. It is souless and massive but we have history there we have won a GF there. If its a move for a few years to force the Govt into upgrading one of our stadiums then so be it. Governments change just because Minns said no doesnt mean its always the case.
No way do i want to move to Parra stadium Allianz doesn't make a heap of sense i don't know why souths don't go back to Allianz obviously financial but the most sense is souths and Roosters at Allianz us and the dogs at Accor.
think souths will go back to Allianz and we share Accor with dogs

I hate Olympic stadium but if you have to choose a larger stadium then that's probably it.

The key thing is to make it as cheap as possible for family memberships and juniors to come to games. Organise buses to take kids and families, invest a lot of the corporate dollars into getting fans to the game.

If you can somehow get 25k plus to games then you can generate some kind of atmosphere, and try to lump fans as close together as possible.

It must have cheap tickets. With Leichhardt and Campbelltown you're selling something with limited availability, at Olympic you've got an infinite number. Price should reflect that.

I can't remember the price at the start of the year but currently the cheapest ticketed tigers membership is $180 for remaining 8 games (22.5 a ticket). Bulldogs have 9 remaining home games and their membership is $145 ($16 a ticket). We need to try to get as close or even cheaper than the Bulldogs. Bulldogs have no family membership option but Tigers should offer an even more discounted family membership (with option for just 1 adult and 2 kids) because getting kids to games is the future of the club. There are plenty of passionate fans who don't come to games because of financial difficulties. I currently don't have a ticketed membership and don't take my kids to all home games because I can't afford it. Playing at Homebush should at least allow more access for our poorer supporters.

In the AFL, the Western Bulldogs have a 3 game membership option for $33. Prices like that would get people to the games.

But the bulldogs attendance this year has been pretty woeful, which suggests at the apathy for home grounds that playing at Homebush can create in fans. Anything below 25k at Homebush and the stadium is absolutely dead. At 25k it has a tiny pulse.

I think the SFS is probably the best choice of the other bigger ones, but it would be too weird and divergent from our desire to build a Western suburbs identity. We felt out of place at Commbank. Sure that would mainly be down to our poor performances there, but I hate that half the ground is allocated to corporate sponsors, just feels like a really corporate, soulless stadium.
either stadium we end up at Parramatta or Olympic stadium Richo will ensure the spring rolls are hot and the champagne chilled for the corporates....
THAT is all that matters now

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Survey results
15000 emails
7500 LO
7500 CSS

RICHO - “Fark”
Tbh this thread shows the tigers cannot keep everyone happy with any decision.
So Richo has one decision...what is best for the wests tigers. Do that..
Fans will leave because they like lo or css more who cares...you like the ground more than the club.
Rip the band aid off..i will br more pissed off with 8 games here 2 here 1 over there and whatever.
12 games in one place. That is our home ground and build a club.

Just listened to the Richo interview with the abc over the weekend. It’s hard not to imagine that he plans to take the majority of our games to Commbank.

Fans will leave because they like lo or css more who cares...you like the ground more than the club.
Rip the band aid off..i will br more pissed off with 8 games here 2 here 1 over there and whatever.
Commercially they can make a game at each venue work. Home games against Raiders at Cambo will work as you get people driving from Canberra and Leichardt against Cowboys, Titans, Dolphins etc that don’t draw crowds. Get rid of the Tamworth game and corporate dollars will be solid as they won’t mind no corporate boxes for 2 games a year. But I agree one stadium for at least 10 home games a year.

Commercially they can make a game at each venue work. Home games against Raiders at Cambo will work as you get people driving from Canberra and Leichardt against Cowboys, Titans, Dolphins etc that don’t draw crowds. Get rid of the Tamworth game and corporate dollars will be solid as they won’t mind no corporate boxes for 2 games a year. But I agree one stadium for at least 10 home games a year.
But the corporate boxes at LO and CSS are crap !
Compared to the best stadiums it’s like taking your clients to a local takeaway.
I heard from a friend that last year at LO the corporate meal was KFC !!!

But the corporate boxes at LO and CSS are crap !
Compared to the best stadiums it’s like taking your clients to a local takeaway.
I heard from a friend that last year at LO the corporate meal was KFC !!!
Like I said corporates pay annually they won’t pay much less for 10 games vs 12. Dogs still play 2 games a year at Belmore.

Wests Tigers to announce three-year stadium plan​

AuthorWests TigersTimestampMon 29 Apr 2024, 12:35 PM

Contrary to some inaccurate reporting in the media, Wests Tigers are still working through the club’s stadium strategy for 2025 and beyond, setting a June 30 deadline for this to be announced.
The club is currently weighing up several options for a three-year stadium plan that we believe to be in the best interests of Wests Tigers.

Like all club announcements, when this stadium plan has been finalised, Wests Tigers Members and stakeholders will be the first to be advised.

While I agree with the sentiment, Accor is a shit hole and the game day experience is worse. I think if they go there it’s a mistake.

Wests Tigers to announce three-year stadium plan​

AuthorWests TigersTimestampMon 29 Apr 2024, 12:35 PM

Contrary to some inaccurate reporting in the media, Wests Tigers are still working through the club’s stadium strategy for 2025 and beyond, setting a June 30 deadline for this to be announced.
The club is currently weighing up several options for a three-year stadium plan that we believe to be in the best interests of Wests Tigers.

Like all club announcements, when this stadium plan has been finalised, Wests Tigers Members and stakeholders will be the first to be advised.

Any reporter telling lies should be slung head long into a tree.

• Wow

Latest posts

Back