Wests Tigers' multiple mid-season signings are testing the loyalty of their fans

Meanwhile, over at South Sydney Cody Walker and Greg Inglis issues, Bulldogs have heaps of Cap to shed, Titans Hayne? WTF? Cronk Cronk? Abortionists at Penrith go untouched - Cocaine at the Sharks & Roosters. But I digress.

@ said:
I really want to know who has pissed off the media so bad that they have to have us in the news on a daily basis and for the majority of the time its negative. First it was one or two, now its the whole lot. Why the wests tigers agenda?? Even our great signings are turned into a negative. Surely something has happened for this to be the case.

For the first time in ages, we are united, so their usual drivel has become transparent to the fans. Therefore they are just upping the dose.
All this stuff thats gone on in the last month or so may have sabotaged our season, but I have never been more loyal to the club because of its actions in this time.

In fairness to the writer I think he is referring to this season.

Who wants to go to games to support Moses, Woods and Tedesco?

I am still going to games, however the atmosphere at games has been pretty ordinary.

I expect crowds to fall further this season, before picking up again next year.

Mitchel Moses was player of the year last year?! what the

no wonder we finished equal last

What gets me about these journos is that they talk and write about it like it has never happened before and the Wests Tigers are the only club with this 'revolving' door happening! They need to change their focus for a while and take a look at what's going on at some of the other clubs. There are players coming and going all the time at the moment - a quick look at the gains and losses for each club on Zero Tackle will show that. We're not the only ones, but we're the only ones the journos are focused on. Why the hell cant they just leave us alone?

**By Duncan Huntsdale**
>
What does a parent say to the little boy or girl who has a Wests jersey with Tedesco on the back?

What does a parent say to a little boy or girl who as a Dragons jersey with Packer on the back?

Seriously, these guys carry on like we're the only club this happens to

AFL supporters will tell you their loyalties are tested when favourite sons leave a team, but at least it happens when the season is over, not less than halfway through.

Well, maybe this should be directed at the NRL rather than the Tigers, we don't set the rules unfortunately

This season the Wests Tigers' story has had more twists than an Agatha Christie novel and fans would prefer to be reading about it in the off-season.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-18/wests-tigers-fans-caught-up-in-club-saga/8534520

Yes true, but again, direct this at the NRL for allowing it to happen. Not sure why we're the media whipping boys when this happens every damn year to every other club.

It's easy to support a team when things are going well, just look at all the Queenslanders who jumped onto the Cowboys bandwagon once they climbed out of the big hole they sat in for many years. That's cane toads for you though…......

The true test of loyalty and character comes when all seems lost which is when the club needs your support the most. Our club may be nailed to the cross but I can see a resurrection coming with Ivan being our saviour! Don't be Judas, get on board the bus!

The article isn't without merit, but the headline is misleading. The mid-season signings are not testing fan loyalty, in fact I would argue they are very strongly rescuing it.

The movement out of key players is the problem, but that's affecting all clubs right now and the only real solution is a transfer window and/or draft. So the article title is really clickbait.

Nobody should underestimate the involvement of the RLPA in all of this, they've become a really powerful lobby group in the game and are constantly providing pressure on clubs - much of it warranted, but also much of it self-serving. They are fundamentally against lowered salary caps and any form of restraint of player trading.

@ said:
Umm…. I would say it's united the fans more than the 2005 premiership ever did..

this place has never been more united on anything

@ said:
In fairness to the writer I think he is referring to this season.

Who wants to go to games to support Moses, Woods and Tedesco?

I am still going to games, however the atmosphere at games has been pretty ordinary.

I expect crowds to fall further this season, before picking up again next year.

I thought it was a good article and it was about exactly this. I feel the same way. I don't want to see these traitors at our club anymore. I now just want to see them get smashed.

Don't think the editor has done this guy any favours with the headline. What I think he meant is Teddy, Moses and Woods signing with other clubs mid season makes it hard to support them, which is fairly accurate.

@ said:
Don't think the editor has done this guy any favours with the headline. What I think he meant is Teddy, Moses and Woods signing with other clubs mid season makes it hard to support them, which is fairly accurate.

And if the club had not aggressively recruited I think the fans would be upset. However the fine collection of signatures we have now and the potential for more I think has enthused the supporter base no end

It is a big change for sure.
I look at it this way . . . . as a kid growing up was a Magpie, and from day 1 have been a happy WT supporter.
WT, especially recently have been all about "juniors". Tedesco, Brooks, Benji, etc, etc.
We have always developed our own or brought them into our system at a young age. We generally didn't buy established first graders a la Roosters, Melbourne and Brisbane. Might have had a lot to do with our incompetent board, and having no money . . . but we generally grew our own and didn't import.
Which was great to fuel discussions at the local club, and to get us a lot of press as having the next crop of superstars . . . but in the cold hard light of day, what did this approach gain for our club ?
Our juniors got picked off at will. Loyalty in professional sport isn't even worth mentioning, so forget I just did. Our signings got picked off at will. You could make a very handy team from the players that have left/got poached from the WT. Tapau, Koro, JAC, Teddy, etc.
Which brings us to right now.
We have total "strangers" joining our team. Forwards that will bend the line. Except for Ellis and Tapau, try and recall a WT forward who bent the line. Don't even think about Sharon Woods. We have replaced him
with a hard man that strikes fear into opponents. The only player scared of tackling Woodsie would be Mitchell.
Our team will be include new outsiders. I for one am happy to give this a go . . . the historical "nice local boy" approach has seen us royally shafted year after year. We needed to change.
Thank God for Ivan and Pascoe . . . otherwise we'd be sitting around year after year doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes. And you know what that is the definition of . . . .
Get excited guys. Embrace these new players as our own. Forget that they don't have a postcode tattoed on their arse. Forget that they didn't play for Holy Cross. The short term upheaval will be SO worth it in 2018 and beyond.

Stupid article by some car washer ive never heard of.
Swag tiger could write a better article.

TV and times has influenced the crowds, i used to travel down from Maitland to Leichardt but now with night games it becomes a very long night back home if your driving or going home by train. In the Balmain days i used to go to a game , back to the leagues club and sleep in the car at the back of the club. BUT those days are gone

@ said:

this one from yesterday is better Demps

MOSES SEEKS RELEASE FROM THE EELS
Editor - May 17, 2017
MOSES IS REPORTEDLY ALREADY UNHAPPY WITH HOW HIS FUTURE CLUB TREATS HIM
\
\
Troubled Half Mitchell Moses has allegedly approached the Parramatta board seeking an immediate release from the club.

Rumours swirling inside Eels training this morning suggest young Moses has become frustrated with how the team has been training and would like to canvass his options elsewhere.

“Mitchell thinks he could be worth a fair bit more money somewhere else and would like to test his price on the market,” one club insider told us.

“He doesn’t agree with the way the team has been coached and thinks it doesn’t suit his playing style”.

If released, the contract could represent the shortest playing tenure by a player at a club since Jackson Hastings was signed by anyone.

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur initially remained tight-lipped this morning before breaking his silence and having this to say.

“I can confirm that Mitchell wants out of his contract and that his preference at this stage is the Tigers,” a forlorn Arthur said.

THE FAULT REPORT IS A SATIRICAL WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

@ said:
@ said:

this one from yesterday is better Demps

MOSES SEEKS RELEASE FROM THE EELS
Editor - May 17, 2017
MOSES IS REPORTEDLY ALREADY UNHAPPY WITH HOW HIS FUTURE CLUB TREATS HIM
\
\
Troubled Half Mitchell Moses has allegedly approached the Parramatta board seeking an immediate release from the club.

Rumours swirling inside Eels training this morning suggest young Moses has become frustrated with how the team has been training and would like to canvass his options elsewhere.

“Mitchell thinks he could be worth a fair bit more money somewhere else and would like to test his price on the market,” one club insider told us.

“He doesn’t agree with the way the team has been coached and thinks it doesn’t suit his playing style”.

If released, the contract could represent the shortest playing tenure by a player at a club since Jackson Hastings was signed by anyone.

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur initially remained tight-lipped this morning before breaking his silence and having this to say.

“I can confirm that Mitchell wants out of his contract and that his preference at this stage is the Tigers,” a forlorn Arthur said.

THE FAULT REPORT IS A SATIRICAL WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

I saw u share that in another thread.
Legit had me laughing out loud.
Thanks mate!

@ said:
I really want to know who has pissed off the media so bad that they have to have us in the news on a daily basis and for the majority of the time its negative. First it was one or two, now its the whole lot. Why the wests tigers agenda?? Even our great signings are turned into a negative. Surely something has happened for this to be the case.

X2 it's never been this bad…. there are agendas against the club at play....

Back