Wests Tigers Side

This will certainly show us if he's got what it takes for firsts, we all know how good he is in the equivalent of _Jersey Flegg_, which was two grades below firsts.
Tough to be debuting with so much presure on the team….but it could be the making of him as a player, a really great player.

@fergiefurr said:
its a good move. throw lui in against by far the worst team in the comp. if he fails then put him back in the 20s until next year, nothing lost. realistically it shouldnt matter who replaced gallant. we should beat the sharks by plenty.

the only negative about it is that the u/20s can now kiss any hope of winning the comp goodbye

That's the kind of attitude that ends seasons.

I hope Moltzen and Lui are where they are because they are the two best options for the spots.

I'd hazard a guess that Morris will get more game time, Farah may be rested through the match to freshen him up= he looks knackered - …Morris can shadow Lui in D and take pressure off him if reqd in offense.

14\. John Morris. I'm happy. Go Lui! Top player. Hope NYC don't suffer too much without him.

Strong starting side, with the main ? over Lui who is untried but has a heap of talent, and the return of Lawrence, who sounds like he is still struggling with the hammy.

I don't see the need to drop Galea though, he's been defending very well and I would have preferred Payten to come off the bench, or Heighno.

This side should be far too strong for the Sharks if they come out re-engergised after last week.

@Defiant said:
ok Sheens has seen the light.

Morris was never was a 7.

Obviously The Fonz doesn't think Moltzen is either. I mean why would he…considering WT have done nothing but WIN with Moltzen at halfback..

This increases the workload for the right side defense.

It may not hurt to defend him on the wing.

Did not like how they are again talking up Moltzen at fullbak as his preffered position though

@Kul said:
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has moved Tim Moltzen back to full-back for the round 23 clash against the Cronulla Sharks at Toyota Park on Sunday, August 16.
>
Moltzen replaces the injured Shannon Gallant.
>
Coach Tim Sheens has called up exciting youngster Robert Lui to make his NRL debut. Lui has been named at half-back and will partner five-eighth Benji Marshall in the halves.

1\. Tim Moltzen
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Chris Lawrence
4\. Blake Ayshford
5\. Beau Ryan

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Robert Lui

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Keith Galloway
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Todd Payten
13\. Chris Heighnington

Interchange
14\. John Morris
15\. Danny Galea
16\. Corey Payne
17\. John Skandalis

18\. Dean Collis

Lawrence still in doubt

i prefer Hanbury at fullback

then we can keep Moltzen & Marshall In Halves

@sargent said:
I am happy morris is still in the number 14 jersy thats all that matters.

Haha, agreed mate!

I hate grave fears Sheens would put Morris back in the 7 and I was getting ready to top myself :laughing:

As for Lui, woah, what a huge opportunity for him.. I hope he carves up and lets nobody down.

If I was coach I would've just slotted Hanbury in fullback, keep the changes to a minimum but this move could be good or it could be bad, lets hope its the former.

Even Blocker was calling for Lui to get a run last week on 2GB. He rates him BIG time. Not sure if that's a good thing for Lui being rated by an ex front rower. The thing that worries me is that if Lui is a success at half, are we going to be haunted by the Farah/De Gois ghosts?

Don't mind Lui playiing but we have other players that can fill in. The 20's need this bloke, hes the catalyst for the team and they are flying atm. But hopefully he does the job, wonder what will happen next week against Parra, throw him in the deep end perhaps. But hopefully he does great this week prove us all wrong in both attack and defence…

on the payto issue, why is he play second row. The guy last no longer than 20mins and then is taken off, every week the fiirst bloke to be taken off is Payto and he is starting second rower?? :confused: Galea should be there, last much longer than Payten does and gets through a mountain of work! Hes also a great tackler, always dominate in the tackles.

Well this is going to be interesting..

Benji & Lui in the Halves….Patience Personified :unamused: .......can't wait for the chaos to begin!!

I don't doubt the talent of Robert Lui in any way at all.

I do doubt his ability to play patient, pressure building football in attack. I wish they had given him one run at State Cup level at least before doing this. The enthusiasm will be great but I am concerned how he will react if things don't go as he wants because in the 20's he has thrown games away on the back of him impatience.

But I guess this is the game to trial him.

Best of luck though

If we lose it SHOULD be the end of Sheens at the tigers. 1 year in 7 with us in the playoffs and a heap of obvious mistakes this year about our personnel. Cant believe Moltzen isnt named at 7\. Lawrence should be at fullback. Absolutely no impact off the bench!!! If we lose this…..bye bye Sheens (although no one left at the club has the guts to offload him)

With all respect to the U20's, who are doing a great job, I think we need to be concerned foremost with the 1st grade side's prospects. If Lui is the right man for the job, which I think he is, then he must play in firsts while form allows.

Back