Wests Tigers Side

This is not the "official" team….WT website doesn't have the team up yet.

Bad idea breaking up the winning halves combo…I doubt these two have even run around together at training until today.
Very concerned with this. Sharks will sniff a huge opportunity here.

Just when the penny finally drops with Sheens regarding one thing, he goes backwards in another area. The selection of Lui is final proof he realises Morris isnt a half, its an exciting selection that will have us all glued. Im more than happy to gamble on a talented kid and wish him all the best.

But Sheens has gone backwards with that backrow selection. Everyone knows i dont rate Heighno but lets put that aside as i know he'll be in the Tigers plans so i actually applaud his selection at Lock as i feel its the only spot he can benefit us and not ruin our attack by getting on the finges running bad lines…...........but the selection of Payten in the backrow is terrible. Its been proven we play better when we have backrowers who can hit holes and run good lines, Payten cant do this. He should be on the bench as a front rower. Wake up Sheens.

The Sharks are coming last in the U20s. I dont think theyll miss Lui too much. If Florimo moves to the halves it should be okay, he played a few games in the 7 earlier in the year and was heaps better there than 9.

Ohhhhhhh man this is gonna be good!

Finally we have a massive forward pack! Galea has been excellent the last few weeks and woulve had him start for either Heighno or Payten.

Well well well, this gamble could make or break our season here. From what Ive seen of Lui he has looked good, but its still a big gamble!

Ehh.. I don't like KG & Rhino starting. They don't seem up to it yet. + Payne & Galea play better when they start, they're not players who can come off the bench and make an impact, the team doesn't have as much balance now.

Lui is more of a 5/8 than halfback, but the way Moltzen & Marshall were together it doesn't really matter.

Sheens has shown his hand re: 2010, Moltzen > FB, Lui/Taumata HB. Too early to say bye bye Mighty Mouse?

Interesting side
A bit to much of a re shuffle worries me
& I don't understand Galea playing off the bench again
For me playing Payton off the bench would have been a much better option
Lui is a great player but i dont think its the right time of the season to be blooding rookies

Either way there is no excuses, we should be to strong for the sharks & if the unthinkable happens,once again you can put it down to team selection

backrow looks worrying but payten has been in good form recently, so we will see what happens still rather him as an impact player.
im happy payne is on the bench, maybe he can actually do something good this game.

Moderately happy on the halves… no moltzen in 7, but at least it isnt morris.

Lets all just remember IT COULDVE BEEN ALOT WORSE.

I really don't understand why there is so much fuss over who starts and who is on the bench. Maybe when you have pure impact players like Laurie in the 17, but currently there is no-one like that. Relax, Galea will get his chance to chop some poor shark in half with a textbook tackle at some stage between kick-off and the final whistle :laughing:

are we trying not to make the finals? seriously. what type of selection is this at this time of year?

hanbury or lawrence had to be fullback with moltzen playing 7 still, this has the disaster like ben barba last year written all over it., sheens wouldnt pick mat head last year because of his suspect defense and if you are a turnstyle in U20s then u will be worse in FG.

I know i said if sheens picked morris in the halves i would slap but im still going to anyway for this
\
\
\
\
\
*packs johnson&Johnsons baby powder in backpack, jumps in car, heads to concord*

with the injuries the team has, its the best possible line-up.
there will be shuffling around.
as long as each player does there job, and do not treat the sharks lightly, then patient football will win the game.
cast your minds back to when Benji made his first grade debut. remember how excited we were to see him play.
Lets give Robert Lui a chance at playing first grade. if you expect too much, then you will be dis-appointed.
yes there will be errors, maybe some confusion on field with the plays. that's to be expected. as long as he has a go, thats all we can hope for.
he is an unknown quantity in 1st grade, for both wests-tigers and the opponents..

Wow - it's exciting but worrisome all at once.

I would have kept Moltzen at 7 and got a fullback from one of our other teams to play fullback.

Having said that I hope he has a great game and stars.

@westTAHger said:
as long as each player does there job, and do not treat the sharks lightly, then patient football will win the game.
cast your minds back to when Benji made his first grade debut. remember how excited we were to see him play.
Lets give Robert Lui a chance at playing first grade. if you expect too much, then you will be dis-appointed.
yes there will be errors, maybe some confusion on field with the plays. that's to be expected. as long as he has a go, thats all we can hope for.
he is an unknown quantity in 1st grade, for both wests-tigers and the opponents..

no the best possible line up is

6 marshall
7 moltzen

with hanbury or lawrence at fullback, not an untried half who cant tackle. Understand that we cant afford to lose this game, we can only afford to drop maybe 2 of our last 4 and we play 2 top 3 teams in the last 2 rounds, sheens is an idiot reguardless of if we win

yeh i must admit I'm abit miffed. Blooding an U20 rookie at this crucial time is worrying. wow.

I would have put Hanbury at fullback, and kept moltzen at 7\. I'd love to see Lawrence at fullback but his injury worries me.

Good luck to Rob, hope he carves it up - just needs to bring that confidence to FG

@anderson silva said:
@westTAHger said:

no the best possible line up is

6 marshall
7 moltzen

with hanbury or lawrence at fullback, not an untried half who cant tackle. Understand that we cant afford to lose this game, we can only afford to drop maybe 2 of our last 4 and we play 2 top 3 teams in the last 2 rounds, sheens is an idiot reguardless of if we win

lets wait and see who plays where on sunday.
just because a team is named does not mean, it will be the correct one taking the field.

Latest posts

Members online

Back