WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT

Ryan

WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT
16/05/2010 9:22:27 PM
Wests Tigers has called for an urgent meeting with the SCG Trust to review the circumstances surrounding the breach in protocol that resulted in fans prematurely flooding onto the ground after the match against South Sydney on Sunday, May 16.
>
“The incident has caused great concern and we will be looking to understand why the procedures that were agreed to were not followed,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys.
>
“The plans put in place prior to the match were for supporters to be allowed onto the field after the second siren had sounded and after all players had left the field and returned to the dressing rooms.
>
“We are keen to learn the lessons and ensure that the right procedures are in place and adhered to so that we can continue to allow fans of all ages the rare opportunity to gain access to the hallowed turf of the SCG as part of our annual clash against the Rabbitohs.”

Great to see the club is tackling the important issues after today's great game… Heaven forbid a six year old running up to one of the player's and telling him what he really thought of today's performance..

plans put in place prior to the match?

obviously someone forgot to tell the players they had a game plan for today as well

its not the SCG fault if fans ran on the field. Security did there best to stop it and even took a few fans away (and stole the corner post the bloke had taken.)

damn, didn't know they swarmed so early.. Wish i was there could've ran and given Sheens a knock out blow..

I wonder if any supporters here had a chance to go say a few comments at our "players"

babhahahahahahhahahahahaa are you serious????????!!!!!!
\
\
omg you cant make this stuff up!!!

i wonder which sick kiddie story will be on the website tomorrow

Maybe while they are at the meeting they can let the SCG trust know that we won't be needing the venue again. All future Heritage Round games will be played at Leichhardt Oval to help the game feel like a home game for Tigers fans.

@izotope said:
damn, didn't know they swarmed so early.. Wish i was there could've ran and given Sheens a knock out blow..

I wonder if any supporters here had a chance to go say a few comments at our "players"

lol from where i was sitting, the players were copping it
was waiting for the bottles, to get thrown onto the field
amazingly, it never happened :slight_smile:

@NJLM78 said:
Maybe while they are at the meeting they can let the SCG trust know that we won't be needing the venue again. All future Heritage Round games will be played at Leichhardt Oval to help the game feel like a home game for Tigers fans.

I like that idea!

Well this statement takes the cake all about the kids running onto the ground i think it should have been a statement to the fans telling us what action you are going to take in regards to this team and coaching staff or are you all affraid of Sheens

@NJLM78 said:

Absolutely well said, NJLM78\. Absolutely pathetic ground to watch footy from (even if the score had been different). I'd give up the Heritage value for a great view.

Is this meeting to detract from the pathetic team performance? Will take more than that to make us forget this very disappointing day after the huge buildup.

Still, I reckon I'll be watching the team next week.

Tigergran

@tiger jim said:
Well this statement takes the cake all about the kids running onto the ground i think it should have been a statement to the fans telling us what action you are going to take in regards to this team and coaching staff or are you all affraid of Sheens

I'd say it was done from a legal aspect…covering their own arses, nothing more.

The Wests Tigers NRL team has just produced the worst performance EVER and the CEO is concerned about the kids running onto the field?

If he thinks this is the most important matter for the Club at the moment, the Joint Venture has a bigger problem than I thought. I believed the hype about Mr. Humphreys business acumen, but now I am not so sure.

What does the Board think about the team's performance?

If results keep going the way they are I reckon we could move the game to Birchgrove Oval … we could almost fill that grandstand to its 150 capacity if our master coach has the team as on song as they have been in 14 of his last 15 seasons

@tigergran said:
@NJLM78 said:

Absolutely well said, NJLM78\. Absolutely pathetic ground to watch footy from (even if the score had been different). I'd give up the Heritage value for a great view.

Is this meeting to detract from the pathetic team performance? Will take more than that to make us forget this very disappointing day after the huge buildup.

Still, I reckon I'll be watching the team next week.

Tigergran

Rubbish!
We would have locked around 11,000 fans out of Leichhardt yesterday and many would have been Tigers fans. Leichhardt is substandard and isn't up to NRL standards.
For those 11,000 you lock out at $20 per head you would cost the club $220,000 - that means you are saying you would rather lose a $200k player to have a better view. That is a very shortsighted and selfish view in my opinion. We are not playing in the 1980's Amco Cup here - the club needs big stadiums to keep operating. There will be a day when Leichhardt will not be able to host any games and that day will be sooner rather than later as much as it hurts me to say so.

@innsaneink said:
@tiger jim said:

Thats exactly it Ink. That and Hadley will still be banging on about it this morning in his talkback like he was yesterday when it happened. About ruining the opportunity for others, the possibility of kids getting hurt and so on. No suprise to see the TV pictures of who was getting a head start and thieving the corner post though.

It isn't the most important issue of the day but it had to be covered

@smeghead said:
@innsaneink said:
@tiger jim said:

Thats exactly it Ink. That and Hadley will still be banging on about it this morning in his talkback like he was yesterday when it happened. About ruining the opportunity for others, the possibility of kids getting hurt and so on. No suprise to see the TV pictures of who was getting a head start and thieving the corner post though.

It isn't the most important issue of the day but it had to be covered

Hadley is an oxygen thief - banging on about that instead of that limp performance we watched yesterday.

Back