Wests Tigers Team v Eels

Our problem again is the pack but with this roster cant suggest what else they can do . One thing they could do is stop persisting with Brooks what is it now 9 years ! Oh by the way Nathan Brown is on the outer with Parramatta maybe a mid week transfer im just thinking out loud
Ar least Brown would take the ball up alongside Joe

Its good to see that they are living up to their statement that we are in a development stage and the young guys are getting a taste of NRL...JTJ must still be not 100 % because against the EELs I would have put him in with AD and Star get some more time in ressies just for a while,he will make it at NRL albeit next year maybe..just some thoughts,but who knows...which way the wind blows nobody knows...good luck to the team this week....

Justin Matamua. has grown up a Wests junior wanting to play for the club since birth. gets his first shot this week. I'm confident that we will see him in our jersey for a very very long time. stoked to see him run out for the first time this week and thoroughly deserving.

very happy Pole keeps his spot and Seyfarth has been dropped. the bench looks better this week despite having two rookies. Doueihi in the centres for mine had to happen but Madden really should be at 6 in place of Brooks. forward pack needs to roll up its sleeves this week.

Its good to see that they are living up to their statement that we are in a development stage and the young guys are getting a taste of NRL...JTJ must still be not 100 % because against the EELs I would have put him in with AD and Star get some more time in ressies just for a while,he will make it at NRL albeit next year maybe..just some thoughts,but who knows...which way the wind blows nobody knows...good luck to the team this week....
JTJ named in NSW Cup

Interesting selections.

I trust that Noddy is going to stick to his guns with the forwards attacking two wide. If the halves can get them early ball it should run the slimey's big men around. They will be looking for the wingers coming in so should be fairly tight early in the set.

Provided we stick with the plan, and Brooks can execute his role, AD at centre provides Brooks with two strike options - hit a wide forward and look for second phase play (our forwards aren't likely to break the line) or use them as a block and engage the inside shoulder of the three in and set the backline into motion.

I would love to see us shape the defence for a change. I am not expecting perfection this week - but we should see a vast improvement on the timing and execution of last weeks plan.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Gonna be a wet one big rain fall predicted last time I checked.

How on earth is To'a still getting a run every week
Totally agree if they are going with the future Junior Tupou should have been selected in the centres. He could be what we need in the centres he definitely has the potential to be a quality player. If To’a is in the backline he should be on the wing because that’s where his best position is I would put him on the wing for Nofoaluma who just isn’t the same player he used to be a year or two ago.

Justin Matamua. has grown up a Wests junior wanting to play for the club since birth. gets his first shot this week. I'm confident that we will see him in our jersey for a very very long time. stoked to see him run out for the first time this week and thoroughly deserving.

very happy Pole keeps his spot and Seyfarth has been dropped. the bench looks better this week despite having two rookies. Doueihi in the centres for mine had to happen but Madden really should be at 6 in place of Brooks. forward pack needs to roll up its sleeves this week.
The thing I like about our bench is 3 young blokes who hopefully are the future of our forward pack.

I really hope Matamua's debut is a memorable one to remember.
A no brainer Noddy uses Matamua in a lock role when he comes on this weekend. Easily his best position. More natural ball player than Joffa and could be a long term fix for a long term problem.
Looking forward to seeing you play live.

I really hope Matamua's debut is a memorable one to remember.
A no brainer Noddy uses Matamua in a lock role when he comes on this weekend. Easily his best position. More natural ball player than Joffa and could be a long term fix for a long term problem.
Looking forward to seeing you play live.
Yep he should straight up replace Joffa. Then Joffa into prop rotation until Mata comes off. Keep it simple for him and in his best position.

Bit confused as to what the go is with Jake Simpkin these days - obviously wasn't setting the world on fire but did this he was in the long term plans?
Simpkin has barely had the opportunity to play 80mins in cup. I would be preferring him to get game conditioned in that grade playing 80min and on top of that starting to dominate. That’s what we need to see prior to these boys locking down spots in first grade other than getting burnt out.
It’s the Harry Project.

We had a pretty good halfback in 2010 and 11. Shame he couldn’t keep his hands off his missus.
It helped having a pack with Ellis, Dwyer and a prime Andrew Fifita.

Not sure how good he would look with this forward pack.

Back