Wests Tigers Team vs Brisbane Broncos R20

Last year we put 8 tries on broncos and remember Tommy Talau and Nofoaloma combining well
Think we can do that this year with this team??

Well that changes things for the rest of the year. We'll finally see Hastings and AD in the halves, while that's happening hopefully they can figure out whether Brooks re-signs or leaves.

Must be a bad calf strain.
Maybe... Maybe not...

Maddon might get the chance to play NRL in the 7.

If any decision over Brooks' future leads to a departure we need to keep Madden, he is that old school halfback that I believe we need (a Reynolds style halfback).

Still only young too, I think we'll regret it if we allow him to go elsewhere at this stage.

Problem I see is pack and centers
Tamou plays 30 mins ,Seyfarth a reserve grader , Kelma hot and cold last week he was hot this week ?Joe great one man band , Jacko gets hands on ball a lot also gets caught with it a lot . Brown ok but not 80 min hooker
Both centers very weak in defence . Apart from that you never know guys rip in and see what happens

I like Hastings but the only first grade half ability he has is the ability to organise the team, which he showed he can do at lock against the cowboys

Would love 4 him to find his running game.

I'm looking forward to this weeks game for a few reasons.

1. See the current 6,7,13 combination with Madden at half. I saw some good signs last week and trust we will see more improvement this week.

Kicking. AD's bombs are still a bit hit and miss, but improving, Hastings has a short kicking game and with Madden's long and short kicking game we could be a little more potent in that area.

Attack. Hastings showed last week that he can still organise from 13 and allowed Brooks and AD to be wider in attack at times, getting them on the outside shoulder of the defence. Still need to work on AD's outside passing game. He did deliver a couple of great short balls and given his size provides a point of attack that is different to what other clubs are doing.

Defence. I thought our Defence was OK in the middle - not brilliant but a pass. They will be tested again this week with Haas and Carrigan. If we hold up nothing to stop us running with it into 2023.

2. Review the defensive structure of our outside backs. This was clearly a problem last week. The errors were glaring; but related to commitment - either over or under. This is from either trust or indecisiveness. They would have focussed on the errors this week, so if they can contain Stags and co. we will know if we are on the right track.

3. I want to see the teams response to last weeks outcome. If we are seeing positive change our boys will use the adversity to their advantage. I certainly don't want to see them overcome by the enormity of it - memories of the Tommy game are in the back of my mind.

4. I am interested to see if we we will experiment with Peachy at 13 and Hastings at 7 during the game. I am personally not a fan of this as IMO Hastings is a bit too slow and predictable at 7; however, he was rumoured to be carrying the foot injury when he was there earlier so getting a good look at him there would be worth it.

Will the Brooks injury and the Nofa move be a watershed week for us? I trust it is, but have my doubts.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this weeks game for a few reasons.

1. See the current 6,7,13 combination with Madden at half. I saw some good signs last week and trust we will see more improvement this week.

Kicking. AD's bombs are still a bit hit and miss, but improving, Hastings has a short kicking game and Madden's long and short kicking game we could be a little more potent in that area.

Attack. Hastings showed last week that he can still organise from 13 and allowed Brooks and AD to be wider in attack at times, getting them on the outside shoulder of the defence. Still need to work on AD's outside passing game. He did deliver a couple of great short balls and given his size provides a point of attack that is different to what other clubs are doing.

Defence. I thought our Defence was OK in the middle - not brilliant but a pass. They will be tested again this week with Haas and Carrigan. If we hold up nothing to stop us running with it into 2023.

2. Review the defensive structure of our outside backs. This was clearly a problem last week. There errors were glaring; but related to commitment - either over or under. This is related to either trust or indecisiveness. They would have focussed on the errors this week so if they can contain Stags and co. we will know if we are on the right track.

3. I want to see the teams response to last weeks outcome. If we are seeing positive change our boys will use the adversity to their advantage. I certainly don't want to see them overcome by the enormity of it - memories of the Tommy game are in the back of my mind.

4. I am interested to see if we we will experiment with Peachy at 13 and Hastings at 7 during the game. I am personally not a fan of this as IMO Hastings is a bit too slow and predictable at 7; however, he was rumoured to be carrying the foot injury when he was there earlier so getting a good look at him there would be worth it.

Will the Brooks injury and the Nofa move be a watershed week for us? I trust it is, but have my doubts.
Like your analysis. Like to see how Madden goes
Think problem will show up with your point 2 ,Last week would have led to more than 2 tries if not for some great scramble especially Daino

Without Brooks and Garner, I have a feeling we are about to see how poor our depth really is. If Broncs come with the right attitude this line up is not going to be able to hold them out. They have us outgunned all over the park.

Let's see what happens now that Brooks is out, for the next few weeks. If the team improves, then it is either because he is not there OR that we are playing without a care in the world (given we have 0 chance of making the 8's anyway) - either case, it is one way to kep us watching! ;-)

No Stefano, Alex, Brooks, Noffa, and Garner will make it tough against a team that appears to be gunning for a home final.
Good luck boys, your gunna need it.

No Stefano, Alex, Brooks, Noffa, and Garner will make it tough against a team that appears to be gunning for a home final.
Good luck boys, your gunna need it.
I agree ... but then again, I had the same feeling prior to last weeks game and the two Parramatta games, so you never know your luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Back