Wests Tigers Team vs Brisbane Broncos R20

Just re-watched the game on Kayo. We still have a lot of errors in us but the commitment has definitely improved. The 6,7,13 attack/defence option works for us and is worth continuing with.

Peachy as 9 is a flop - he adds nothing; too slow and does not engage the defence. Nu is OK, not great, but a step ahead of Liddle and Simpkin. Peachy as 13, although the time was limited, worked for me - no head explosions, positional play in defence was good and his ability to take on the line was OK. Peachy in place of Hastings could be an option. Alternate is one of the young guns - but can they control the play like Peachy can? I am for giving Peach an opportunity now Hastings in injured.

Centre defence has definitely improved and the more time they play together the better it will get.

We don't push up around the ruck well enough yet but that is also improving. Second phase play will come if they continue to push up om the ruck.

AD had good second half, but way too many mistakes in the first. He still stifles outside opportunities too much. I think if he used them more often it would give us more attacking options. If he works at having his outside backs as an option his show and go will be devastating.

Madden definitely brings a better kicking game to the team and his soft short balls are something we can work on as it gives great attacking options.

Our last tackle options improved again on last week, but still a lot of room for improvement. I'd love to see us get a few repeat sets down on the line.

Kelma has been denigrated on here for his lack of effort in attack. While some of it is justified he has definitley been playing to the coaches instructions. You can blame the inside backs for not getting the ball to him just a s much. You can now see why Noddy has positioned him there and why he has persisted with him.

Overall the boys get a bare pass from me on skill - they won the game on attitude. When we fix up the technical errors and complete our sets we will be much better.

Bring on the Knights - I can feel three in a row brewing!
I've just watched it myself and this won't go down well but AD was terrible. 3 turnovers and a 1st tackle kick for nothing in the first 20 minutes! The try at the death was the only decent thing he did all game. Obviously he's capable but he was Brooks- like this week. Seyfarth was much improved though, as I think were the outside backs in general.

I've just watched it myself and this won't go down well but AD was terrible. 3 turnovers and a 1st tackle kick for nothing in the first 20 minutes! The try at the death was the only decent thing he did all game. Obviously he's capable but he was Brooks- like this week. Seyfarth was much improved though, as I think were the outside backs in general.
Shocking first half

1st tackle kick was very Benji-like too , I think he got a bit excited. 2nd half was alot more controlled and JH and Madden both played their part with AD.

Back