Wests Tigers Team vs Newcastle - Round 21

Maybe not immediate droppings. Jake Simpkin on debut made 58 tackles and looked good out of dummy half. Was out of the team not long after that. Stefano was in and out of reserve grade at times last year.
Fair point. From memory simpkin threw some awful forward passes too and at the time was competing with liddle for that spot. Hard to compare at the moment because who else takes these young blokes spots? It’s them or no one.

On the other hand matuma is still only no 22 this week after playing two games?

Is still think Naden and To'a should swap.
Naden shows a bit of mongrel that stops opposing backs to dominate. He bombed a try by putting his foot on the touchline against the Broncos.
To'a is a running back.
I hope this experiment with Pole works because he's quick for a solid forward. It remains to be seen if he can ball play. I think Peachey will fill that linking role. However, I don't rate the Peach's service, it's slow and clunky.

Loving the blokes that give their all for seasons on end getting finally getting the reward of a first grade run, alongside a few other younger relative newbies to the top grade.

Like to see the really young blokes get a run as well, though we do them no favours by running too many of them together on the field at one time. Too many young bulls together in the top grade just doesn't do any of them much good.

Good luck to Tom in his opportunity at NRL level. Even if it is only the single match, he will have achieved more than the vast majority of his peers.
Great post. It's good for club spirit when guys like Freebairn get a go, if only a brief one.

Is still think Naden and To'a should swap.
Naden shows a bit of mongrel that stops opposing backs to dominate. He bombed a try by putting his foot on the touchline against the Broncos.
To'a is a running back.
I hope this experiment with Pole works because he's quick for a solid forward. It remains to be seen if he can ball play. I think Peachey will fill that linking role. However, I don't rate the Peach's service, it's slow and clunky.
Could be right. Toa is young though…needs time to develop.

I don't really get Pole at 13, given its not how we want our 13 role to be going forward.

Love him as a player so far but.
It’s pretty obvious really. A great locks biggest strength is leg drive and speed. Pole is a very mobile prop, he might have a pass on him but irrespective of that if he can manage to keep rolling up field we should do extremely well.
Doesn’t he remind you of a young JFH?

Could be right. Toa is young though…needs time to develop.
People seem to think centre is an easier position to play but imo it's not.
Wrong D decisions usually start with the centres.
I believe experienced gritty centres can make a backline.
Your point about To'a being young and inexperienced lends itself for him to play wing.
Dane Gagai and Naden are indigenous boys that are very competitive and make good centres.
The inclusion of Naden in a mid season switch has given our backline a bit of steel.
The more Naden and To'a play the better they'll get. Same goes with Laurie.

People seem to think centre is an easier position to play but imo it's not.
Wrong D decisions usually start with the centres.
I believe experienced gritty centres can make a backline.
Your point about To'a being young and inexperienced lends itself for him to play wing.
Dane Gagai and Naden are indigenous boys that are very competitive and make good centres.
The inclusion of Naden in a mid season switch has given our backline a bit of steel.
The more Naden and To'a play the better they'll get. Same goes with Laurie.
Yeah, that’s what I mean. Centre is tougher, so when the games don’t mean as much we should get him experienced. Is Naden quicker than To’a?

Yeah, that’s what I mean. Centre is tougher, so when the games don’t mean as much we should get him experienced. Is Naden quicker than To’a?
I've watched To'a highlights and he can wind up but not electric off the mark. He and Naden would be on par with each other imo.

It’s pretty obvious really. A great locks biggest strength is leg drive and speed. Pole is a very mobile prop, he might have a pass on him but irrespective of that if he can manage to keep rolling up field we should do extremely well.
Doesn’t he remind you of a young JFH?
Oh, like I said - no issues with Pole.

It's just not the style Sheens/Benji/Farah are planning.

I'm sure he'll go well, playing the power game.

Back