LIVE GAME Wests Tigers v Souths Rd 12 *Spoilers

Live Game Discussion
Somebody has clearly switched Brent Naden back to Penrith mode. Unreal, strong and fast.
It's unfortunate that the game completely turned when he lost possession early in the second half.

Looks like being one of our better bargain buys if the deal reported is correct.

The high performance Porsche 911 is a very desirable car,
And although the Cowboys are sponsored by Toyota, Todd Payten (a rookie coach) is driving a Porsche (ie. a high performing NRL team with talent and motivation)

While our coach is still driving a Camry (our current squad), we are all hoping that our coach gets the upgrade on his company car that he muchly deserves and has worked so hard for.

But many of the clubs have Porsches, so even a Porsche won't be enough, if i were Madge i wouldn't accept anything less than a Ferrari.
Even if Craig Bellamy was driving a WT Camry the wheels would get stolen whilst he's waiting for the lights to change.

Exactly. People blame the coach but you put Michael Schumacher in a Camry, itā€™s still a Camry.
Wonā€™t matter if itā€™s an end of year or a mid season review because the reviews are internal & donā€™t mean šŸ’©
Any player we are looking at wants to know who the coach will be next season, otherwise they will look elsewhere.
It is already hard to attract decent players here without them knowing who the coach will be.

Our RHS defense last night was awful

Hastings has been one of our better players this year but was badly exposed in that department last night
I noticed that as well. Unusually bad. I thought it might have been related to his injury? wanting to get up quickly as he has restricted movement. To'a was also caught out.

I can give one. I was at the game and Paulo was basically inline with the ruck - Clearly offside.
Thatā€™s 1 in the 77th minute. An error on the refs part as he was looking to the other side of the ruck.

So take that away and itā€™s 38-18

Conceded 8 tries 4 thru our weak right side defence ( that was predicted)
3 thru middles 2nd half like our forwards ran out of gas or enthusiasm
1 intercept and that's excusable when your playing catch up footy
The other 7 are not .The right side ones on madge you picked the team
The 3 in the middle forwards not giving 100% .Twal would have helped
but steph ( not fit) others no effort check the all run meters terrible

Iā€™m assuming 1 call was the touch ball. What is the other one?

The refs were far from the reason that we lost.
The forward pass , a dodgy 6 again about the markers , when they were both square . Both lead to tries in the next set of 6.
Thier first try had the knock on that wasnā€™t a knock on , that swung momentum in the first half .
Seriously , at least 3 times during that game when we had regained the ascendancy, the ref inexplicably, shifted it back the other way .
Also in a vacuum, Iā€™d agree with you , but we have been rotted in 2 games, probably 3 , and every single game this year outside of the dogs we have been hammered .
Last night there were 2 ruck speeds . Go watch it again . It was so noticeable .
Iā€™ve said this before , the refs are either the dumbest humans alive or corrupt AF .
And with Vlandys in charge , Iā€™m leaning more and more towards the latter .

Could you give a break down of how we were wronged in each of those tries, including why they should have been disallowed?
ok Then.

47th minute Naden never really lost possession of the ball in the 1 on 1 strip. lead to the next try - johnston scores 3 play later If that one is contentious, then the OBVIOUS taane Milne hand on brooks past which should have been a scrum 10 metres out should have been called and we never would have got to that point.

51st minute Campbell Grahams Try - 6 again for inside the 10 for markers - the markers looked the same as every other set of markers in the game - yet THIS one was pinged for the six again. They score three plays later - it was 4th tackle so they wouldn't have gotten to the same position in three plays.

59th minute - Alex Johnstons RECORD BREAKER try. Campell Grahams pass to johnston was at least a foot forward, and the ball only traveled half a metre It was obvious as sin.

And lets not mention as well Jackson Hastings getting called later in the game for a FORWARD PASS that went about half a metre backwards!

65th minute - Cody walker Runs through (he's onside.... just) and puts hands on Leilua pushing him out of the way to score the try - almost identical to Starford Toa last week being denied. Doesn't get looked at. just gets awarded and the fellatio of Cody walker begins.

71st Minute - Cody walker looks to be held up scoring the try - ref awards it. At the point of being able to possibly adjuge on the grounding the ref would have been about 5 meters in the field of play with no vision to the grounding - three tigers players to the back of him. Blowing try of course made it hard to take the try off him.

77th minute - Paulos Intercept? At the play the ball leading up to this play everyone on the LHS as we were viewing it from Souths was offside at the point of the ball leaving the ruck - even though the tigers went right, they came back left, ALL THOSE PLAYERS INCLUDING PAULO WERE STILL OFFSIDE!

@Chicken_Faced_Killa - As most people would tell you on here that have known me here for as long as I've posted here - I'm not one to turn up and be a drama queen bagging the refs game in and game out. However this game was an absolute exception.

I legit think even with Tigers Glasses off that EVERY second half Souths Try had grounds for not being a try - whether it be immediate lead up, or the act of scoring.

Souths got every call - and they were good enough to punish our lads. My argument always has been that our lads shouldn't have been in those situations to begin with.

(and for those wondering - it took me maybe ten minutes with Kayo on a secondary monitor and the try events highlighted for me to put this together)

ok Then.

47th minute Naden never really lost possession of the ball in the 1 on 1 strip. lead to the next try - johnston scores 3 play later If that one is contentious, then the OBVIOUS taane Milne hand on brooks past which should have been a scrum 10 metres out should have been called and we never would have got to that point.

51st minute Campbell Grahams Try - 6 again for inside the 10 for markers - the markers looked the same as every other set of markers in the game - yet THIS one was pinged for the six again. They score three plays later - it was 4th tackle so they wouldn't have gotten to the same position in three plays.

59th minute - Alex Johnstons RECORD BREAKER try. Campell Grahams pass to johnston was at least a foot forward, and the ball only traveled half a metre It was obvious as sin.

And lets not mention as well Jackson Hastings getting called later in the game for a FORWARD PASS that went about half a metre backwards!

65th minute - Cody walker Runs through (he's onside.... just) and puts hands on Leilua pushing him out of the way to score the try - almost identical to Starford Toa last week being denied. Doesn't get looked at. just gets awarded and the fellatio of Cody walker begins.

71st Minute - Cody walker looks to be held up scoring the try - ref awards it. At the point of being able to possibly adjuge on the grounding the ref would have been about 5 meters in the field of play with no vision to the grounding - three tigers players to the back of him. Blowing try of course made it hard to take the try off him.

77th minute - Paulos Intercept? At the play the ball leading up to this play everyone on the LHS as we were viewing it from Souths was offside at the point of the ball leaving the ruck - even though the tigers went right, they came back left, ALL THOSE PLAYERS INCLUDING PAULO WERE STILL OFFSIDE!

@Chicken_Faced_Killa - As most people would tell you on here that have known me here for as long as I've posted here - I'm not one to turn up and be a drama queen bagging the refs game in and game out. However this game was an absolute exception.

I legit think even with Tigers Glasses off that EVERY second half Souths Try had grounds for not being a try - whether it be immediate lead up, or the act of scoring.

Souths got every call - and they were good enough to punish our lads. My argument always has been that our lads shouldn't have been in those situations to begin with.

(and for those wondering - it took me maybe ten minutes with Kayo on a secondary monitor and the try events highlighted for me to put this together)
Thanks for putting that together. I can see you feel we were hard done by and you could argue all those calls could have gone the other way but you could also argue they were fair.

Iā€™ve never thought you were bagging the refs was more interested in how you came to those views. You have clearly put some thought and time into it and I appreciate the effort to put together some talking points.

ok Then.

Thanks for that. Havenā€™t seen the 2nd half so I donā€™t think I need to now ā˜ŗļø.

What do you think about the Laurie lost ball first half? I thought it was rough to overturn the on field decision when he was clearly bumped whilst he was getting up.

Thanks for that. Havenā€™t seen the 2nd half so I donā€™t think I need to now ā˜ŗļø.

What do you think about the Laurie lost ball first half? I thought it was rough to overturn the on field decision when he was clearly bumped whilst he was getting up.
Honestly I think the bump didn't look deliberate (e.g no eye contact to the arm) However one could argue he was in the ruck which is still a penalty irrespective.

Members online

Back