Wests Tigers welcome Neds as Premier Partner

@ said:
Stop signing sponsors, start signing players eg: Brooks right now!

Seriously Steve. Had a bad day or what?

Sponsors are vital today for ANY long-term viability for ANY sporting organisation.

Pascoe and Marina Go deserve to be applauded everyday for the direction they have got this club running.

Luke will stay, look no further than Maguire's comments the other day re Luke and his importance to the club.

@ said:
I can't help but feel gambling company sponsorship of sporting teams will all end very badly one day

Agree. I honestly try not to think about it, but now you bring it up…

NRL currently funded by Pokies, Alcohol and Gambling advertising.

All so clubs can pay a group of overpaid entitled fellas to disappoint us most weeks.

What’s not to love...?

Personally Iam against having any associations with the gambling industry. I just think the gambling industry is destroying a lot of people and from our point of view except for the dollars I fail to see anything positive.

I do stress that is only my view

@ said:
Personally Iam against having any associations with the gambling industry. I just think the gambling industry is destroying a lot of people and from our point of view except for the dollars I fail to see anything positive.

Not only your view. x2

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

You sign sponsors so you can afford to sign players.

:brick: :brick:

Col the sign players with your salary cap or with a TPA and salary cap

You don't sign players with sponsorship money :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Yep Sponsors are for the dumbells..

@ said:
@ said:

Seriously Steve. Had a bad day or what?

Sponsors are vital today for ANY long-term viability for ANY sporting organisation.

Pascoe and Marina Go deserve to be applauded everyday for the direction they have got this club running.

Luke will stay, look no further than Maguire's comments the other day re Luke and his importance to the club.

Ok so I wrote this badly. My point was that I wish we could sign players as well as we sign sponsors.

@ said:
@ said:

Not only your view. x2

Agreed

Good stuff. Welcome, Neds.

@ said:
@ said:
I can't help but feel gambling company sponsorship of sporting teams will all end very badly one day

Yeah I was thinking the same.

Betting on football is the only thing that makes the game interesting to watch anymore. Thanks heavens they are around.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Betting on football is the only thing that makes the game interesting to watch anymore. Thanks heavens they are around.

That's sad.

Will they be on fan jerseys including kids jerseys? I'm sure they wouldn't have gambling on kids clothes, right?

@ said:
Will they be on fan jerseys including kids jerseys? I'm sure they wouldn't have gambling on kids clothes, right?

I saw Titans have the same sponsor and their kids jersey has something different

@ said:
@ said:

Where's the money going to come from though? They banned cigarette advertising and that's understandable - smoking definitely kills people and places a huge burden on the health system.

The other two vices are alcohol and gambling. You could put a line through both of those and ethically we'd all be more comfortable, but then which other industries are going to support the code and clubs to that extent? Esp a code mostly supported by blokes. Might as well put a line through fast food whilst you are at it.

Then we'd have NRL - sponsored by Telstra and Bunnings and nobody else.

Back