Wests Tigers welcome Neds as Premier Partner

@ said:
Will they be on fan jerseys including kids jerseys? I'm sure they wouldn't have gambling on kids clothes, right?

Nope, same as the winfield cup was never mentioned on footy cards.

There would be more questions/complaints around why the jersey is different if it was not included. I do not think having it on the jersey will have the average 8yo opening an online account.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I can't help but feel gambling company sponsorship of sporting teams will all end very badly one day

Yeah I was thinking the same.

Where's the money going to come from though? They banned cigarette advertising and that's understandable - smoking definitely kills people and places a huge burden on the health system.

The other two vices are alcohol and gambling. You could put a line through both of those and ethically we'd all be more comfortable, but then which other industries are going to support the code and clubs to that extent? Esp a code mostly supported by blokes. Might as well put a line through fast food whilst you are at it.

Then we'd have NRL - sponsored by Telstra and Bunnings and nobody else.

One of the potential problems I see is the effect gambling may have on an actual outcome of a match. If that was ever to happen, like it has in the past with cricket, then having a gambling organisation as a sponsor would not be a good look. This is of course all hypothetical.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I can't help but feel gambling company sponsorship of sporting teams will all end very badly one day

Where's the money going to come from though? They banned cigarette advertising and that's understandable - smoking definitely kills people and places a huge burden on the health system.

The other two vices are alcohol and gambling. You could put a line through both of those and ethically we'd all be more comfortable, but then which other industries are going to support the code and clubs to that extent? Esp a code mostly supported by blokes. Might as well put a line through fast food whilst you are at it.

Then we'd have NRL - sponsored by Telstra and Bunnings and nobody else.

Then we would have Bunnings sponsoring sand paper for cricket matches.

Alcohol and even junk food are separate discussions, it's too hard to fight on too many fronts. Maybe this is part of the reason its mostly supported by blokes. Alcohol consumption is on the decline and healthy eating is a huge trend, so maybe we run the risk of going the way of the dinosaurs if we don't move with the times

Back to sports betting, due to the inclusion of gambling as fronted by the likes of Joel Caine and others into the actual game coverage, kids already know the odds each week and are discussing it. That's normalising sports gambling which personally I don't see any positives in, except maybe slightly improving their mathematical abilities.

I have no issue with sports gambling but I do have an issue with its prevalence in our game and in others, the EPL is saturated with it. US sports have resisted for a long time but the legal system seems to be forcing its acceptance now

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Stop signing sponsors, start signing players eg: Brooks right now!

If we don't have sponsors how do we pay for the players?

Yeah I was waiting for this post!! I’m just airing my frustration at not recruiting and retaining well. We lock away sponsors well - great part of our organisation but we recruit and retain like amateurs

No club has recruited that well this year. There wasn't that many players on the market.

You may also change your mind if the club pulls of the signing they are currently in talks with

Who is the player the club is currently in talks with? ?

neds have also gone to titans
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/11/02/neds-join-titans-as-principal-partner/

@ said:
Can someone tell me that NEDS is on board Has Allied Express bolted or still with us.

Allied Express remains with the Wests Tigers…move to the bottom of back of the jersey...Neds replaces Crown or who ever it was..

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
If we don't have sponsors how do we pay for the players?

Yeah I was waiting for this post!! I’m just airing my frustration at not recruiting and retaining well. We lock away sponsors well - great part of our organisation but we recruit and retain like amateurs

No club has recruited that well this year. There wasn't that many players on the market.

You may also change your mind if the club pulls of the signing they are currently in talks with

Yes, so who is the player you speak of !

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Betting on football is the only thing that makes the game interesting to watch anymore. Thanks heavens they are around.

That's sad.

You're correct. It's sad the game has become so predictable

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Betting on football is the only thing that makes the game interesting to watch anymore. Thanks heavens they are around.

That's sad.

You're correct. It's sad the game has become so predictable

I’m not into gambling - detest it actually; but being in a tipping comp gives me a reason to get excited every game

Surprised that no one has approached " Red Bull" or " Shell" for some type of sponsorship, in NRL.

@ said:
@ said:
Can someone tell me that NEDS is on board Has Allied Express bolted or still with us.

Allied Express remains with the Wests Tigers…move to the bottom of back of the jersey...Neds replaces Crown or who ever it was..

Must admit I have never even seen Neds advertising on TV ….....

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Yes, so who is the player you speak of !

Must have fell thru… :unamused:

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Mainly Fox I think…dont really pay attention

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TckYyF99iSY

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Mainly Fox I think…dont really pay attention

usually only watch Fox …..............

Back