Wests Tigers - Who are we..

@cochise said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1258012) said:
@mike said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1257997) said:
I think it’s time we stopped looking at the past and who we were a generation ago and instead started looking forward.

Agreed 100%, I was saying the other day I recently turned 42, the Wests Tigers are 21. As of right now the Wests Tigers have been in my life for longer than the foundation clubs. For anyone younger than me that is the case.

How do we get this message across to the club? While we respect the foundation clubs, operational and strategic decisions must be based on the needs of the Wests Tigers.

@Snake said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1258022) said:
I think it’s time we stopped looking at the past and who we were a generation ago and instead started looking forward.

Agreed 100%, I was saying the other day I recently turned 42, the Wests Tigers are 21. As of right now the Wests Tigers have been in my life for longer than the foundation clubs. For anyone younger than me that is the case.

The comments here are the only ones the club needs to heed most when selecting a home ground ... it’s the future and the younger supporters that will be the life blood of our club .. in 10 yrs Leichhardt and Campbelltown will just be a memory for those in nursing homes !

Yep, the future is coming, I would suggest anyone who has an opinion about where we play, who we are. Argue it now, put your point of view forward, make sure the club knows what your opinion is. Then when the decision is made, accept it embrace it. That is what I'll be doing. This is my club and I will accept the decision made but I won't stop putting my opinion forward until that decision is made.

Did anyone get the Wests Tigers survey the other day?
Was hoping it was going to be about who we are and what we think about the future etc., but unfortunately it was all related to our knowledge, recognition and perception of sponsors.

@hank37w said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1258979) said:
Did anyone get the Wests Tigers survey the other day?
Was hoping it was going to be about who we are and what we think about the future etc., but unfortunately it was all related to our knowledge, recognition and perception of sponsors.

The important stuff

Who are we?

We are the joint venture club voted into existence by meetings of the members of Balmain & Wests football clubs to represent those clubs in the NRL. No more, No less. There was no motion put forward at those meetings for a Grandfather clause, where after a certain period (eg. 20, 50 or 100 years) it would render Wests Tigers non-representative of those clubs.

The club name and colours should be a giveaway. For those that say "I used to be a Balmain/Wests fan" usually indicates someone that chose to follow one of those clubs. When your born into it, it's there to stay and it's inter-generational, so if your waiting for them to die out, you better think again. There's plenty of Wests and Balmain fans not even born yet.

A handful of jnr dinosaurs spook

![Screenshot_20201113-093954_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1605220831392-screenshot_20201113-093954_free-adblocker-browser.jpg)

Bloke at the smash repairs today noticed I followed the Wests Tigers. Kept going on about he followed the Tigers as well. I said you mean the Wests Tigers, nah mate there is only one Tigers, the Balmain Tigers. I pointed out that the club was 21 years old and that he had been following the Wests Tigers longer than he had been following the Balmain Tigers. He changed the subject quickly....

@mike said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1294484) said:
Bloke at the smash repairs today noticed I followed the Wests Tigers. Kept going on about he followed the Tigers are well. I said you mean the Wests Tigers, nah mate there is only one Tigers, the Balmain Tigers. I pointed out that the club was 21 years old and that he had been following the Wests Tigers longer than he had been following the Balmain Tigers. He changed the subject quickly....

Good point Mike, I followed Balmain for 12-13 years, and WT since inception

me too I followed and was a Balmain tigers season ticket holder member for 12 years and West Tigers after that

Bloke at the smash repairs today noticed I followed the Wests Tigers. Kept going on about he followed the Tigers are well. I said you mean the Wests Tigers, nah mate there is only one Tigers, the Balmain Tigers. I pointed out that the club was 21 years old and that he had been following the Wests Tigers longer than he had been following the Balmain Tigers. He changed the subject quickly....

I said this a while ago that I am now 42 which means the Wests Tigers have been around for half my life. Anyone younger than I am will have has the Wests Tigers for more than half their life.

In 4 years it will be anyone younger than 50. That to me says a lot about the direction our club should be heading.

@cochise said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1294556) said:

I said this a while ago that I am now 42 which means the Wests Tigers have been around for half my life. Anyone younger than I am will have has the Wests Tigers for more than half their life.

In 4 years it will be anyone younger than 50. That to me says a lot about the direction our club should be heading.

42 .....you crap on like a 93 year old lol

@happy_tiger said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1294558) said:

That's just because I am a very wise soul, it becomes even more apparent when I am conversing with someone as immature as yourself. lol

@cochise said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1294559) said:

That's just because I am a very wise soul, it becomes even more apparent when I am conversing with someone as immature as yourself. lol

Yeah sure ...when you don't understand what I have written you try and turn your hearing aid up

WT's for life ......we may have lost Wests /Balmain/Brisbane Wests in my case .....but hopefully our great grandkids will be WT's to the core ...or I'll haunt mine lol

@happy_tiger said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1294562) said:

Yeah sure ...when you don't understand what I have written you try and turn your hearing aid up

WT's for life ......we may have lost Wests /Balmain/Brisbane Wests in my case .....but hopefully our great grandkids will be WT's to the core ...or I'll haunt mine lol

I never understand what you have written.

@cochise said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1294563) said:

Toad..101..

Thats interesting in that this argument can also be used by those that are called dinosaurs on this forum. Take me for instance - i am 68 and followed Wests Magpies from age 8. 60 years of following rugby league - 39 of those years were following the Magpies and only 21 following WT. Maybe it puts a little perspective on why some find it harder to let go of the foundation clubs.

@cochise said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1294563) said:

Lucky Steve's a good mate and explains it all to you ....I can see a magpie at your window

@scomez said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1256799) said:
@Russell said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1256794) said:
@mike said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1256652) said:
@Scomez said in [Wests Tigers \- Who are we\.\.](/post/1256651) said:
a club that is too afraid to grow as the Wests Tigers and instead more worried about pleasing both former clubs.

There is a hell of a lot of truth in that. Time to move on from the foundation clubs, we are the Wests Tigers.

Suppose you threw your grandparents away as well.

Balmain Tigers and Wests Magpies are gone and arent coming back, no matter how much we want them to. So not a like for like comparison.

My grandparents are gone and aren't coming back - does that mean i have to forget they existed. Its a perfect comparison i think.

Back