WestsLife podcast

It's certainly wasn't a suggestion...
If they have no interest in the Magpies - They have no interest.
What don't you get about that?
How many of that posse that bang on about the RM Cup side like it's the 60's Dragons care about Balmain - Or even Wests Tigers for that matter?

Those of us who do care - Already follow the pages.
Let it go...
You've got issues Batboy.
Thats not the first time you’ve arced up over the Wests Massey Cup side. Which I might add, I haven’t mentioned once. Why ya so fixated on the old Magpies who like to keep their heritage going by rocking up to Lidcombe every fortnight? They have nothing to do with the podcast, or this discussion.

My comment was a suggestion ... reread it again

“... if I were setting up to gas bag with some authority and quite some venom, for hours every week about everything Wests Tigers - I would have thought following the Magpies social media may have been a fairly relevant source of info.

I let it go days ago mate, but you keep responding.
Your call.

What an idiotic statement made by Lee. Fans still go to games, fans click on articles that brings in revenue via sponsors. Bryden themselves wouldn't be sponsoring us if the "fans" didn't exist. The club isn't existing because of the great CEOs and Chairmen we have had, the clubs are existing for only one reason and that's fans. As a lawyer and a businessman, he should know that. If he doesn't know that, there is something seriously wrong here.

Thinking deeper into it, Lee was fully aware that this text will go public. I shudder to think what he would be saying to his staff behind closed doors.

I haven't really bagged Lee and Pascoe previously because they seem good at their main job of keeping the club financially stable. However, they both don't seem like good leaders. They come across amateurish and unprofessional. From the Farah fiasco, Tiger Town take, this and the general lack of faith in management.

I'm not sure if there is a CFO position at the club, but maybe Pascoe is better off in that role. Being a good leader and setting professional standards to me is more important than just increasing revenue. In fact, even the increase in revenue you'd have to compare it to other clubs who have also gotten so much more exposure through social media.

I feel so disappointed with this whole thing.

Hey mate I agree with a lot what was said

I just have a question tho.

How are the club supposed to respond when they have people attacking staff online constantly saying they should be sacked from their job and all the name calling on social media.

Are you saying it's socially acceptable for the club to accept online abuse because it's coming from someone who portray themselves as your average Joe supporter??

What does the club do when they are getting online abuse?

You've got issues Batboy.
Thats not the first time you’ve arced up over the Wests Massey Cup side. Which I might add, I haven’t mentioned once. Why ya so fixated on the old Magpies who like to keep their heritage going by rocking up to Lidcombe every fortnight? They have nothing to do with the podcast, or this discussion.

My comment was a suggestion ... reread it again

“... if I were setting up to gas bag with some authority and quite some venom, for hours every week about everything Wests Tigers - I would have thought following the Magpies social media may have been a fairly relevant source of info.

I let it go days ago mate, but you keep responding.
Your call.

Mentioned because your dialogue is identical...
Which is generally anti Wests Tigers.

I was also referring to this bit "It’s not hard, you just go to Wests Magpies and hit ‘follow’ - the information then finds you 😜"

They don't care about what you and the Massey 5 care about...
You say you listen to their pod - Thought you might have worked it out by now.
The whole thing is basically a bash and barge at the admin..

How are the club supposed to respond when they have people attacking staff online constantly saying they should be sacked from their job and all the name calling on social media.

Are you saying it's socially acceptable for the club to accept online abuse because it's coming from someone who portray themselves as your average Joe supporter??

I don't think we are in the same league but go on the Facebook pages of Westpac, Coles, Woolworths, NAB, Myer etc, look at the social abuse of ScoMo, Gladys etc... is it socially acceptable? Most definitely NO.

But responding to them makes you look weak. I don't think you will ever see a Chairperson of the Big 4 respond to a banking podcast, in fact I can't think of any execs who respond to such things. This is part of the job unfortunately. The only way it becomes socially acceptable is if you publicise and promote these things. I don't know why Lee could not have responded with a generic: "Sorry, we are not available.... we thank you for your invitation".

I have no idea who this Podcast guy is. I listen to Freddy, Joey, Brandy, Cameron Smith and Gus because I value their opinions. I don't value the opinions of Bracey, Thompson, Vossy, Denan Kemp etc but I enjoy them as hosts.

This Podcast guy just like the 360 Panel takes himself too seriously. We have all earnt a right to have an opinion, but not many have earnt the right to have those opinions listened to.

I agree that’s it’s extremely disappointing that we see poor fan engagement from the club. One point thought is their focus on their “main job” has detracted from the whole purpose of the club though which is to win NRL games. That’s the singular main goal. Somewhere along the way they’ve managed to convince people that other goals are equally as important and justify their “success”.
I disagree with that. A winning NRL team is a big part of a financially stable club but there are exceptions to that rule. Those other goals to me are definitely equally as important.

Mentioned because your dialogue is identical...
Which is generally anti Wests Tigers.

I was also referring to this bit "It’s not hard, you just go to Wests Magpies and hit ‘follow’ - the information then finds you 😜"

They don't care about what you and the Massey 5 care about...
You say you listen to their pod - Thought you might have worked it out by now.
The whole thing is basically a bash and barge at the admin..
My dialogue is identical to what?

The bit you quoted (some of my best work), is clearly an instructional aid to help the poor lads if by some chance they chose to follow my suggestion.

I do listen to the pod - and I‘m here to help 😜

Fox is onto it. let the fun begin..
It would be interesting to see the sides different networks take on this. Essentially, Fairfax and NewsCorp usually take opposite sides to stories but with SEN having members on either network (and being quite successful these days), let's see how the 3 networks try to get their bias views across. I know Bryden's sponsors two of SEN shows but not any Fox or Nine ones.

The DT just wants us to pay for articles so they can put out shit like this daily.

It's disgusting, I can't believe more hasn't been made of it.

This sums up all the issues at the Tigers right here.

The DT just wants us to pay for articles so they can put out shit like this daily.

It's disgusting, I can't believe more hasn't been made of it.

This sums up all the issues at the Tigers right here.

Fox and dt have little regard for the club.

Are they getting attacked directly? If I say on a Facebook post that Albanese should be punted, am I attacking him? Is that online abuse?

Last edited:
Man it took some time but Lee's text is starting to gain some traction.

Hey Lee, you know what would take the heat off you now? name a coach. If you cant do that say that Pascoe hacked your phone and punt him.

Back