What an utter disgrace.....

ron_burgandy

terrible display today…..just like previous weeks but this time we played a good team and we were made to look like a PL team......

some will say we have won 7 of our last 9 which is true...but look at those 2 losses and who they were against.....

well drilled clinical sides who rarely make dumb mistakes like we do... if we come up against either of these teams in the finals we wont go far.....we are too dumb a team beat them even when we were given a favorable penalty count....

too many weak defensive players in our team as well, ayshford is such a turnstyle its ridiculous...most our guys seem scared to put there body on the line and wont drive in with tackles......

fitzy is too slow to play any position and the chip to robertson from foran is an example...he was running like he had cement boots on

Yeah it was not impressive, but what is lacking ?
Decent Half Back
Consistent goal Kicker

I was impressed that at least Galloway and Hino stuck up for Farah.

Benji needs help, and Lui is not the answer, dunno what the State Cup have the way of Half Backs which could contribute more than Lui ( he won't need top have his jumper washed today)

But Manly were very solid and in control all day, but this is what we need if we are going to be there in September.

careful your not allowed to say what a disgrace the performance is without someone saying your not a tigers fan

I wouldnt call it an utter disgrace…that was the effort against South Sydney earlier in the season.

I think we have all been expecting this to happen for weeks now. We need to get our full strength side on the park before we determine whether or not we are contenders. we have a very hard run home and we'll need all of our troops to get the job done.
Luckily for us all 4 of the top sides lost this weekend. If we can keep in there until we're at full strngth we'll be ok.

When we're not at full strength.....well its obvious we're not good enough.

There was an utter disgrace today though....our goal line defense was atrocious.

nichols may be the answer but sheens wont care…..and its probably too late in the season.....he should of been brought in when lui was injured for the last month

@Golden said:
careful your not allowed to say what a disgrace the performance is without someone saying your not a tigers fan

mate ive already had that tag bestowed upon me by the true fans….the ones who cant see mediocrity because their heads are so far up their own butts....
\
\
stryker we are all but full strenght mate from the players sheens will use.....ellis wouldnt have made much difference today....we just cant beat teams who play as well drilled as manly and the dragons...we need to play teams who make as many mistakes as we do to win

Agree with some of the things that your saying, Ayshford might do a few good things in attack but his defence is absolutely shocking other teams know it and target him and the last couple of weeks it's been working.
Fitzy while is a good club man should be let no where near first grade, he offers bugger all in attack, he gets no where on his kick returns and dead set way too slow that chase on that chip from foran proved it.
I think we have been lucky over the last few weeks and getting out of jail in a couple of games, the good thing I can see all this is that we are not playing anywhere near our best footy and if start hitting our straps we have a bigt chance come semi time to go all the way.. But that and that is a big but the players have to start lifting themselves and sheens has to finally wake about team selections if they don't come the 2nd week of the semi's we won't be watching the tigers run around..

i really hope beau is back so that brown can move to centre and push ayshford out of first grade for a while,

where was mckinnon? i missed what happened to him late exclusion? cos fitzy just proved how hopeless he is!!! glad brown was there to make that try saving tackle.

dont know what to make of that game, we looked crap, period.

Fifita let in a try by rushing out of the line
Ayshford let in a try by having bad defense and speed
Skandalis let in a try by beng lazy and slow with his cover defense

Dropping these three would be a start

@Captain Awesome said:
Fifita let in a try by rushing out of the line
Ayshford let in a try by having bad defense and speed
Skandalis let in a try by beng lazy and slow with his cover defense

Dropping these three would be a start

agree with ayshford and skando being dropped

For mine two things stand out:

Our forwards hitting up the ball are SO FLAT. It is like watching U6's when they stand and basically hand the ball to the player left or right. There is no depth, they basically get the ball from dummy half when they're standing about a metre behind Farah, no chance to build up a head of steam, no chance to get a roll on.

Secondly, there is no aggression in our side, especially out wide. Manly belted us today and I did not see a single big hit put on in return. We are soft.

I have to agree with most of what you said HT. Most of you have made some great constructive points, it's a shame that so many can see what the problems are yet we can't be heard.

@ron burgandy said:
terrible display today…..just like previous weeks but this time we played a good team and we were made to look like a PL team......

some will say we have won 7 of our last 9 which is true...but look at those 2 losses and who they were against.....

well drilled clinical sides who rarely make dumb mistakes like we do... if we come up against either of these teams in the finals we wont go far.....we are too dumb a team beat them even when we were given a favorable penalty count....

too many weak defensive players in our team as well, ayshford is such a turnstyle its ridiculous...most our guys seem scared to put there body on the line and wont drive in with tackles......

fitzy is too slow to play any position and the chip to robertson from foran is an example...he was running like he had cement boots on

Agree with most of what you say…..but I wouldnt say we were a disgrace.....I dont know what to make of todays game...we either had an off day due to a hard slog Monday night against the Cows or my favoured theory is we are not quite up to the standard of a team that will challenge for the premiership, mainly due to inept team selections, and one or two members of the team who I feel arnt of first grade standard
The coaches of St george,Parra,the Chooks and manly whom I feel the premiers will come from wouldnt be too worried from what they saw today.....we arnt a discrace, just not good enough

What annoys me is that everytime I hear Sheens in a post match PC he always talks about our injuries.

We currently have three players out - a winger, a second rower (albeit a huge loss) and today we lost McKinnon. (I don't include Tuiaki and Moltzen as they are long term).

Three injuries is not a huge toll at this stage of the season. It is not an excuse.

Marshall should have been wearing a Manly jersey. Countless times he runs on the 5th tackle to no avail turning the ball over. That kick on the 2nd tackle on their line straight down the mouth of their fullback was just diabolical - he should get dropped for that kind of stuff.

We should just forfeit goalkicking, save the embaressment and save time.

Whilst he is rocks and diamonds and we can all say what we like about him winning games, but quite frankly, his bad habits and errors are having too much of an influence on our game. He should NOT be goal-kicking and he should NOT be a 5th tackle kicker, Lui or another half-back should be putting their hand up higher.

I am a big fan of Marshall (and my style is very similar to his - touch footy background etc) but I think in recent years he is getting carried away and not utilising his natural skil - his STEP.

Today wasn't a disgrace - we just failed to capitalise on our opportunities. We have been playing like this for a few weeks now and have always manmaged to get out of jail. This time we came up against a team who was hungrier than we were and wanted it more.

Sure there were some individual mistakes and poor decisions, (and the ever-useless Fitzhenry again offering nothing), but there wasn't one thing you could put your finger on as to why we lost. Not having a decent goalkicker hurt us again and will one day kill us off in a semi I reckon.

I disagree with those who say Lui isn't the answer. We looked a whole lot better out there today having him on the other side of the ruck to Marshall, Another kicking and attacking option. It will take him a couple of games to get back to his best though. Defensively he is a real worry though - however, I cant see Sheens blooding anyone else this year.

The most worrying thing was what Sheens said in the paper today - that "we are not far of our best football". If SuperCoach honestly thinks the rubbish we have been serving up over the past 6 weeks is our 'best' football - well, he has serious mental issues. I believe the medical term is 'delusion'

crap defence and crap attack is why we lost…..thats putting a finger on it Tigerstripes....we have to many turnstyles in our line up

I wouldn't call Manly a clinical well drilled side, they gave away lots of penalties….we just couldn't capitalise on them....pushing passes, making low percentage plays and not applying pressure, we should have been up by a bit more early on.

The only thing that was a disgrace was our goal line defence which Ellis will improve dramatically.Calling the rest a disgrace is a bit meh….. we didnt play well obviously but we have had chopping and changing halves for weeks may take another week or two for benji to feel confortable again.

@hybrid_tiger said:
What annoys me is that everytime I hear Sheens in a post match PC he always talks about our injuries.

We currently have three players out - a winger, a second rower (albeit a huge loss) and today we lost McKinnon. (I don't include Tuiaki and Moltzen as they are long term).

Three injuries is not a huge toll at this stage of the season. It is not an excuse.

He also mentioned they were too big and too strong, as did Simmons before the game, predicting they'd play us up the middle.
Masterstroke.

Latest posts

Back