What Books Are People Reading?

@eyewondertwo said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367425) said:
just finished the last days of john lennon.what is evident is that the beatles didnt really want to be together and outgrew their early successes so the notion that yoko ono split the beatles up is a wrong one.
lennons murderer quoted excerts from his favourite book- catcher in the rye throughout the trial.
the book sheds more light on the group dynamics of the beatles and the political statements which were contained in lennons songs.
for a beatles tragic a worthwhile read.

I visited the Dakota when I was in NYC. There was a really odd vibe standing in front of that building.

The Myth of the Robber Barons: A New Look at the Rise of Big Business in America- by Burton W. Folsom
https://www.amazon.com.au/Myth-Robber-Barons-Business-America/dp/0963020315/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=burton+folsom&qid=1621576947&sr=8-4

Previous book thread [here](https://weststigersforum.com/topic/30816/book-club?_=1621576799596) if you want more recommendations.

Well Luke must be on my mind cause I thought this thread read: What Brooks are people reading 😅😂

@turkeytiger03 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367431) said:
Well Luke must be on my mind cause I thought this thread read: What Brooks are people reading 😅😂

Doesn't take long for Brooks to be mentioned in a thread..We could write a book..

@thedaboss said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367417) said:
@magpies1963 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367290) said:
@enmoretiger-0 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367204) said:
What books are people reading?
I just finished The Phoney Victory, by Peter Hitchens. I am a history buff so this was very interesting about WW2, does not paint the British in a great light.
I have just started reading Jared Diamond's book Guns Germs & Steel after I read his book Upheavel, which was fantastic.
I am more a history reader, but I do read good fiction.
What is everyone else reading?

@Enmoretiger-0 said:
@magpies1963 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367290) said:
I just finished The Phoney Victory, by Peter Hitchens. I am a history buff so this was very interesting about WW2, does not paint the British in a great light.
I have just started reading Jared Diamond's book Guns Germs & Steel after I read his book Upheavel, which was fantastic.

@Enmoretiger-0 said:
Will have to check that out

Ive been getting into a lot of ww2 podcasts rece tly, today i listened to a interview of the author of the book The Impeccable Spy, trur story about a soviet spy that penetrated high levels of both geŕman and japenese authority ranks
[/QUOTE]

@TheDaBoss said:
I'll...have to check that out.

Just finished "Plum" by Brendan Cowell. Fiction story about an ex-lock trying to live his life while suffering from head knocks suffered during his playing career. Can recommend. Was a hard read at times, but generally rewarding. Booktopia link for the blurb: https://www.booktopia.com.au/plum-brendan-cowell/book/9781460760505.html

I watched a few episodes of abc books that made us about Aussie authors

Read honeybee. Very good book

@tiger_scott said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1516095) said:
Just finished "Plum" by Brendan Cowell. Fiction story about an ex-lock trying to live his life while suffering from head knocks suffered during his playing career. Can recommend. Was a hard read at times, but generally rewarding. Booktopia link for the blurb: https://www.booktopia.com.au/plum-brendan-cowell/book/9781460760505.html

Thanks for the recommendation @tiger_scott
I’ll have a look at this one.

I'm reading the Vera novels. If anyone has watched the TV shows it's exactly the same. I really like them.

I'm also reading the Shannara series again. Some of these I haven't read previously. https://www.goodreads.com/series/99163-shannara---terry-s-suggested-reading-order-for-revisiting-readers.

Luke Brooks Autobiography: "The year that never was" Volume 8

Peter Hitchens is a fantastic writer - much better than his arrogant brother

Just finished "Vespian-Emperor of Rome" by Robert Fabbri

Historical fiction of Rome at the times of Jesus Christ, Vespian was basically a commoner who rose to become Emperor, unheard of at the time. 9 books.

Just finished John Marsdens take risks about his thoughts on the education system. Am also halfway through a few others Who Gets to be Smart, Edison and Land- How the Hunger for ownership shaped the modern world.

I kind of read a bit of one then the next week mayby another depending on my mood.

@boonboon said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1516240) said:
Just finished John Marsdens take risks about his thoughts on the education system. Am also halfway through a few others Who Gets to be Smart, Edison and Land- How the Hunger for ownership shaped the modern world.

I kind of read a bit of one then the next week mayby another depending on my mood.

I read a bit like that as well. Will have 3 or 4 books stacked next to the bed and just read what I feel like at the time.

This is a good read for anyone who is in to Aussie pub rock.

![s-l16001.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639181859659-s-l16001.jpg) ![s-l1600.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639181859226-s-l1600.jpg)

Back