What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find a place for this, but this will do.
My misses is in bed and she said there is some sort if attack in Sydney, now she's asleep and don't know what is about, any of you guys in Sydney heard anything.

I couldn't find a place for this, but this will do.
My misses is in bed and she said there is some sort if attack in Sydney, now she's asleep and don't know what is about, any of you guys in Sydney heard anything.
cane toads ,the boarders reopened,lol

I reckon the NRL should fine them, deduct all their points then kick them out. Pride of the league - pffft.

The NRL are looking for the wet lettuce leaf that Turdberg used to use in all Souffs infringements.

I reckon the NRL should fine them, deduct all their points then kick them out. Pride of the league - pffft.
Why, what's your opinion.
IMO the only reason you should have a top 30 is so players have got something to aim for and the club to pay them top 30 min wage and above.
If you have a spot why should you have restrictions.
If someone is playing horrible he or she gets the sack and someone comes in, you pay a redundancy package.
Same applies for for medical retirement. If your crook, here's your separation payment, bye. Why do you have to apply for it.
Players want no restrictions on their earning capacity aligned with ordinary workers in the community.
Well in the community noone is safe even if your under contract.
Too many rules. If the club or players need help or are good enough to make grade mid season let them do it.
Your going to say that's an unfair system and the big clubs with abuse it well I say it's a job, let people earn a living.
18yrs are old enough to play NRL even if their still at school.
I've opened up a can of worms, you now smash it. 😀

Have to agree with Gus on this one why stifle a young players opportunity to play in the NRL just because they are not in the top 30 or because it is before round 10.

Why round 10, how bloody stupid.

BUT. . . . . . . because it is currently a rule that is stipulated by the NRL it must be applied and Souffs should get fined, have their salary cap cut for the next 2 seasons, get docked 2 competition points for breaking the rules in that round and their CEO must be stood aside for a minimum of 6 months.

Any lesser action taken by the NRL would be a disgrace as Souffs being the pride of the League, they should be setting the example for all other teams and the above outlined punishment for their indiscretion should be the bare minimum applied.

Why, what's your opinion.
IMO the only reason you should have a top 30 is so players have got something to aim for and the club to pay them top 30 min wage and above.
If you have a spot why should you have restrictions.
If someone is playing horrible he or she gets the sack and someone comes in, you pay a redundancy package.
Same applies for for medical retirement. If your crook, here's your separation payment, bye. Why do you have to apply for it.
Players want no restrictions on their earning capacity aligned with ordinary workers in the community.
Well in the community noone is safe even if your under contract.
Too many rules. If the club or players need help or are good enough to make grade mid season let them do it.
Your going to say that's an unfair system and the big clubs with abuse it well I say it's a job, let people earn a living.
18yrs are old enough to play NRL even if their still at school.
I've opened up a can of worms, you now smash it. 😀
I agree. But at the moment that is not the case. They broke the rules and should be punished for it. We got fined and CeO suspended for breaking rules even though nothing eventuated.

I think people are missing the point. It is a stupid rule but at present it is still a rule of the NRL. Souths broke the rules and should be punished. If they don't get punished why can't every team just ignore the rules if they think they are stupid. Puts the NRL in a quandary.

I agree. But at the moment that is not the case. They broke the rules and should be punished for it. We got fined and CeO suspended for breaking rules even though nothing eventuated.
Yeh I get that, rules in money sport should not be broken but ammended.
I just wanted to get your topic rolling because I actually wanted to say that some clubs with millionaires and billionaires behind them always seem to get the rub of the green.
Just a side note.
I was thinking last week when posters were getting the shites with officials...WT are a grass roots team [2 traditional clubs] and when WT are going good the NRL is going good and is healthy. This is not just my opinion but others too.
If this is the case, why is it so hard for us to at least get respect, get more NRL advertising, be promoted more and get the rub of the green.
I get the feeling they always want us to struggle. That's how I feel, us v them

Yeh I get that, rules in money sport should not be broken but ammended.
I just wanted to get your topic rolling because I actually wanted to say that some clubs with millionaires and billionaires behind them always seem to get the rub of the green.
Just a side note.
I was thinking last week when posters were getting the shites with officials...WT are a grass roots team [2 traditional clubs] and when WT are going good the NRL is going good and is healthy. This is not just my opinion but others too.
If this is the case, why is it so hard for us to at least get respect, get more NRL advertising, be promoted more and get the rub of the green.
I get the feeling they always want us to struggle. That's how I feel, us v them
It certainly seems that way.

Brooks about 2 give us his thoughts on bringing down the cows on nrl 2 night in a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back