What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

I don't know why Brooks is the sole focus. I reckon AD and Laurie are in the same position. Their careers are on the line. It's a critical time for all 3 of them. You can add Staines to that list as well.

This is a pretty good article. It's a bad article for the Brooks bashers. The article also to me doesn't provide any solutions to the centres because there aren't any available that are any good.
Its a so-so bit of writing to be honest.
He thinks the squad fluked wins against Parra and Souths. He thinks we played well against the Gold Coast. He thinks Joe O is in a form slump. He thinks Doueihi and Moses played well at the WC. He is a stats man and not a guy with a good sense of the games.
Bolstering the pack is a great start. We also need halves that can steer the team around, leaders who can inspire the side when the going is rough and strike outside backs to convert half chances.

Its a so-so bit of writing to be honest.
He thinks the squad fluked wins against Parra and Souths. He thinks we played well against the Gold Coast. He thinks Joe O is in a form slump. He thinks Doueihi and Moses played well at the WC. He is a stats man and not a guy with a good sense of the games.
Bolstering the pack is a great start. We also need halves that can steer the team around, leaders who can inspire the side when the going is rough and strike outside backs to convert half chances.
Really? - i think he summed up the deficiencies in the team pretty nicely. You can't deny our go forward was terrible. Or the fact that we had both attacking and defensive deficiencies in the centres. Or the fact that Laurie doesn't rate at FB. Stats man or not i think he nailed it.

Really? - i think he summed up the deficiencies in the team pretty nicely. You can't deny our go forward was terrible. Or the fact that we had both attacking and defensive deficiencies in the centres. Or the fact that Laurie doesn't rate at FB. Stats man or not i think he nailed it.
Yes really and I detailed why I thought so.

Yes really and I detailed why I thought so.
You didn't detail anything - you just pulled apart what he said. Do you seriously believe we had a go forward pack. He also said one of our problems was no strike centres which you agreed with. You also said bolstering the pack was a good start which he also said. I'm guessing the only thing you disagree on is his summation of the halves which he really didn't rate. I'm not quite sure where you disagreed with what he said.

You didn't detail anything - you just pulled apart what he said. Do you seriously believe we had a go forward pack. He also said one of our problems was no strike centres which you agreed with. You also said bolstering the pack was a good start which he also said. I'm guessing the only thing you disagree on is his summation of the halves which he really didn't rate. I'm not quite sure where you disagreed with what he said.
The parts I agreed with are painfully obvious and have been so for years. He has said nothing that hasn’t been said on here or LU many hundreds of times over the last number of years.
Where his article lost me was when he presented his opinions that hadn’t been stolen from our platforms.

The parts I agreed with are painfully obvious and have been so for years. He has said nothing that hasn’t been said on here or LU many hundreds of times over the last number of years.
Where his article lost me was when he presented his opinions that hadn’t been stolen from our platforms.
Like many journos and and talking heads, i doubt if he watched more then two games. They make their opinions on reading forums,which are full of bias, and sometimes the more lunatic members of the community,(not our forum of course ) Referring to world cup form, is ridiculous, comparing pro footballers against part time players, and amatures. Another nothing article.

One of Buzz’s “Shooshes” in his column this morning.

Drama at the Wests Tigers between Tim Sheens, Benji and Robbie.

Doesn’t expand on it.

Back