What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked to have been born 3 years later and be a 60's boy.
And this is not off topic because my birth announced was in the local rag 🙂

From SEN

The Wests Tigers have all but secured English international John Bateman for the 2023 season but SEN’s Michelle Bishop has revealed the deal has yet to be confirmed as the club believes it can also acquire Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses.

Moses began his career at the Tigers in 2014 and after 67 matches with the club and subsequently moved to Parramatta midway through 2017 season. The 28-year-old is off contract at the end of the 2023 season and is available to be signed for the 2024 season.

Bishop said that the Tigers are holding out on signing Bateman until they know more details around the salary cap and evaluate whether making a bid on Moses is possible.

“The Wests Tigers have actually agreed to pay Bateman’s transfer fee from the UK. That’s all happening,” Bishop said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“The Mitchell Moses situation could be the thing that’s holding it up.

“The Tigers are going all guns blazing and they actually want Moses for 2023.

“They need to leave some cash in the cap for that to become a reality.

“Both Bateman and Moses share the same player manager, so they clearly hold the trump card in this one.

“Nervous times for Eels fans.”

Bishop said that it was “wishful thinking” on the Tigers part but commended the club for aggressively pursuing star players.

The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio said that Moses will see out the final year of his contract at the Eels but is long odds to remain at the club beyond the 2023 season.
“I received a call (from a source) that suggested there is no way in the world that Mitchell Moses will be there (at the Eels) in 2024,” Riccio said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.
“If I’m a betting man, I don’t believe that Mitchell Moses will be there in 2024.
“How the Eels try to juggle Dylan Brown, Mitchell Moses, Clint Gutherson, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Junior Paulo, Josh Hodgson and Ryan Matterson into a salary cap is going to be a struggle.
“Parramatta have put a significant four-year package together for Mitch but I don’t think it’s going to be in the vicinity of what rival clubs like the Bulldogs and Tigers will be able to put together.
“I can tell you that Parramatta officials are nervous.
“They are nervous about where this is going to go.”

If Bateman doesn't eventuate, we should be looking at Nat Butcher. Tupinoua and Crichton will be the Roosters backrowers and Nat has proven he can handle the starting spot with ease.

If Bateman doesn't eventuate, we should be looking at Nat Butcher. Tupinoua and Crichton will be the Roosters backrowers and Nat has proven he can handle the starting spot with ease.
If we don't get Bateman, it's because we snared Moses. 🤔

👏👏👏

National
NSW & ACT
Courts & Law
Protester who blocked Sydney Harbour Bridge sent to prison
A magistrate has dubbed a protester who blocked the Sydney Harbour Bridge as “childish” and “selfish” before sentencing her to prison............

More

Good on them for sending out a loud and clear message !

Don't disagree with the conviction but 15 months imprisonment with a non-parole period of eight months is a bit harsh. I don't think she had any priors either, surely
home detention or community service would have been a better
option? Maybe she was non-contrite and defiant and the magistrate set a precedent. A bit harsh though. She's going to land at Silverwater and not know what hit her smh. Meanwhile, Joffa from Collingwood didn't receive any jail time for abusing a young boy because he was found to be of good character. Crazy. Yeah, don't know what to think. 8 months is a bit of a disgrace

Don't disagree with the conviction but 15 months imprisonment with a non-parole period of eight months is a bit harsh. I don't think she had any priors either, surely
home detention or community service would have been a better
option? Maybe she was non-contrite and defiant and the magistrate set a precedent. A bit harsh though. She's going to land at Silverwater and not know what hit her smh. Meanwhile, Joffa from Collingwood didn't receive any jail time for abusing a young boy because he was found to be of good character. Crazy. Yeah, don't know what to think. 8 months is a bit of a disgrace
You’re right about Joffa, can’t believe he didn’t get at least 5 years or more.
I just think that a lot of these protesters think that they can do pretty much what they like, but this ladies biggest mistake, imo, was trying it on one of Sydney’s major thoroughfares.
I saw the word explosive involved, so it just wasn’t a sign waving stunt.
Whilst it seems harsh, and probably is, there has to be a time where the authorities send out a message.
That being said I am continually confused by our justice system and the penalties handed out. Murderers plea deal for manslaughter, serious crimes seem to attract a lot lighter penalties than I would deem appropriate.
Of course, a lot of it comes down to the judge, and that’s where it falls down.
Clearer minimum penalties should be for all, not on a smart lawyer and a benevolent judiciary.

Totally agree mate

I agree as well but getting no jail time for being a pedophile and getting that term for protesting against climate change doesn't sit at all well with me.

I don't agree with the climate change protestors. They are up in arms about temperatures rising by 1.5 degrees when temperatures have already risen by 1.1 degrees. They do though have a point.

I just can't get my head around these two extreme examples here though.

I agree as well but getting no jail time for being a pedophile and getting that term for protesting against climate change doesn't sit at all well with me.

I don't agree with the climate change protestors. They are up in arms about temperatures rising by 1.5 degrees when temperatures have already risen by 1.1 degrees. They do though have a point.

I just can't get my head around these two extreme examples here though.
Agree as well earl

The judicial system is crap

The worse offenders of the worse acts are left of Scott free really

Time for the system to set an example of all crimes

Even under gangs

Put then away and make it tough

And for paedophilia were the sky id's the limit

Life without parole

We just have such a pathetic system that it's laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back