What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine having a once in a lifetime opportunity to interview the Dalai Lama and coming out with this hard hitting stuff.

I have refused to watch nine morning news for a long time due to Wankernodick.
If the mrs has it on, I just say to the mrs change the channel please and she knows why. I have absolutely no respect for that ignoramus, and those two links show exactly why. How he got back on tv after him and his bro diss’d everyone in that taxi amazes me.

By round 25 he will be in reggies which is his level as i doubt if Bennett will suffer his poor defence for too long
Isn't Ben Teo the coach of the reserve grade?

He'll probably slap Gildud around a bit and teach him a few things he didn't learn at either the Tigers or the Roorters.

These kids in our regional centres and towns are so out of control currently that it’s beginning to get dangerous to be out and about alone.
Forcing their way into peoples homes, whilst they are there, and stealing their cars at knife point is becoming more the norm.
It won’t be long until we wake up one morning to the news that a gang broke into the home of a VET or ex copper and he protected his family, blowing a hole in the chest of an 11 year old.
It’s coming, and once that societal barrier is broken (i.e. defend your home with deadly force), it will repeat all over the country. For god sakes, look after your kids and know where they are and who they hang out with. Their era of “no consequences” is coming to a close.

Reactions: BZN
These kids in our regional centres and towns are so out of control currently that it’s beginning to get dangerous to be out and about alone.
Forcing their way into peoples homes, whilst they are there, and stealing their cars at knife point is becoming more the norm.
It won’t be long until we wake up one morning to the news that a gang broke into the home of a VET or ex copper and he protected his family, blowing a hole in the chest of an 11 year old.
It’s coming, and once that societal barrier is broken (i.e. defend your home with deadly force), it will repeat all over the country. For god sakes, look after your kids and know where they are and who they hang out with. Their era of “no consequences” is coming to a close.
Parents of these kids don't give a shit....

That's exactly it Ink, not always but too many times.
We are a product of what we see, hear, feel.
My dad was abusive and I grew up an angry young man, I turned to boxing and footy to vent my anger and frustrations.
My grandfather however, a Gallipoli vet taught me to behave and respect women.
When I had 4 kids and grandkids, I encourage them to respect one another, and like Tuck said, know where your kids are.....some would rather know if their dogs are in the yard and not so much the kids.

I’m not talking about the kids who have been doing this for a while now….they are lost. It’s those that think this is cool and might give it a try to gain reputations like the others.
I have relos in a lot of places and they are saying that residents are fighting back. The news is not reporting it but retaliation bashings are occurring.
It won’t be long until the deaths begin.

I’m not talking about the kids who have been doing this for a while now….they are lost. It’s those that think this is cool and might give it a try to gain reputations like the others.
I have relos in a lot of places and they are saying that residents are fighting back. The news is not reporting it but retaliation bashings are occurring.
It won’t be long until the deaths begin.
That's concerning. There's a breakdown at all levels...education, reabilitation, leadership, role models, resources, employment, self esteem, tolerance, respect, law and order, sport and recreation, transport, housing, what have I left out.

That's concerning. There's a breakdown at all levels...education, reabilitation, leadership, role models, resources, employment, self esteem, tolerance, respect, law and order, sport and recreation, transport, housing, what have I left out.
There’s a lot of groups at fault.
People have had enough though and don’t trust authorities to handle the situation anymore.

There’s a lot of groups at fault.
People have had enough though and don’t trust authorities to handle the situation anymore.
I think your a mature lad tuck, when I was a kid livin in Cobar we literally learnt with a heavy hand.
I'm not advocating that but what I am advocating is consistency in parenting.
Parents need to be united in what's acceptable and what's unacceptable behaviour and it can't be ok one day and not on another day.
Kids pick up on this and thats the start of the breakdown. It's hard when schools have a different standard as do the local footy coach etc.
When I coached the kids, if a boy said "f" it was 10 pushups and a lap around the park before he joined back in. I don't know if that sort of thing happens these days.
Break and enters is all about lack of respect and of course greed and an easy buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back