What's the Plan....

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
….to smash the Rorters...

I can only think of two.....Smash Mason ....... Payto opperation take out Pearce...

Thoughts....?

rack up 70 on them, overtake the cowboys, hit 6th spot then go out drinking in Surry Hills

Target them around the ruck in attack. Roosters might have a touch more size than the Tigers, but with Farah controlling things around the ruck, the Tigers need to work on a quick play the ball and have Gallant sniffing around for any offloads. Tigers have a clear edge in the backline and with Moltzen and Benji in good form, we've got options both sides of the ruck. I'd definitely be sending plenty of ball down the left side to Lawrence and Tuiaki but Ayshford is also proving difficult to handle and he could be dangerous close to the line out wide with his long stride.

In defence, up and in again like last week, this will help shut down Mason too, the less room he ha to move, the better. The Roosters are going to rely on Pearce for their major attacking plays so put plenty of pressure on him all game and watch for Minichello and Perrett sniffing around the ruck and chiming in out wide. A good kick and chase is essential because Perrett is pretty quick and breaks plenty of tackles.

Tigers wingers will need to watch for Pearce's kicking game too, when he's on song he's dangerous, but if he can be put off his game early, and the Roosters go forard nullified, then the Tigers have too many options for the Roosters IMO.

I see this as a real danger game and in the past we would probably go belly up but at present if they just grind away and dont try the razzle dazzle stuff on every play they should win easy. In saying that the Chooks bar a couple of games over the past few months have been very competitive without a lot of luck so if they dont turn up 100% committed they could get a shock.

The chooks are very light on in the play maker dept, so shut junior junior down and your a long way to stopping them. Mason is no real worry, his game time is minimal these days and seldom dose much against a good pack and I consider our pack to be very strong at present. They have a bit of speed on the flanks and are a fair kicking game.

Lets home we can really get the old differential looking good over the next two weeks

The plan is to not give away the game plan before the actual game. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Kul said:
rack up 70 on them, overtake the cowboys, hit 6th spot then go out drinking in Surry Hills

gee kul i thought i was reading a KINGTIGERMAN post …lol...

Back