Who has been our best signing ??

@ said:
Just watched NRL 360\. They were talking Tigers , obviously mentioned what Ivan has brought to the club. But there was a comment about Kelly Egan being active in recruitment. They were saying he was out there approaching the players with the qualities Ivan wanted. They also mentioned Ivan doesn't pay overs. If the player he wants, wants $200K over what Ivan had tabled he will let them go. **Interesting seeing that we were close with Conner Watson, possibly Barba and a few** others.

Do you know if this was before Reynolds and Marshall signed… Or after.
Lots of halves

it's hard for me to really pick one or put them in order.
our talent is pretty even and the roster now has the feel of a next man up.

the benefit has really been who we let go.
so good to finally see us not wasting plays involving woods inside the 20 over and over.
the maturity in our kicking game.
even on the injury front,we lost our starting 5/8,and we have rolled along.lost our defensive workhorse in taylor and defensively keep rolling along.

we are no longer about just one player.

I want to change my Vote to Gamble as he has Xero and that can't be right..

Packer Out..

Packer has been huge, would rather him than Woods, it all worked out great!!!

@ said:
Best: 1.Packer. 2.Rochow. 3.Thompson. 4.Benji. 5.Matulino.

Not the best: McQueen, Fonua, Milne.

Agree with your best selections. But you are being hard on McQueen and Fonua.

It's a long road back for McQueen, and Fonua was obviously a lot further off the pace than he thought. But they both are having a dig and improving week on week from what I've seen.

There's a lot there that rate a mention.

Based on players alone I think Marshall is my pick purely because he has brought game management to the team. Had an off 20 mins last week but overall has stunned me with his ability to take the game and shut it down when we've had players off and his kicking game has been sorely missed. Brooks is getting better by the week playing alongside him.

The forwards giving the backs the opportunity to do something with the ball also deserve a mention. They have all stood up this year. Every single one of them.

Packer has done more for the joint in 6 months that woods did the entire time he was with us. I still cant believe we have this animal in our team. After almost 20 years of dead set pillows in our pack, we finally have a couple of proper front rowers!

I went Twal as he is young and hopefully the future leader of our pack. Right now it's Packer, but Twal is real value

Best signing ever, I was torn between Benji and Gareth Ellis. Definitely our best forward and back.

Best current signing to hard to tell yet

@happy_tiger said:
I’m gonna go out on a limb here Russ , but thinking Ivan won’t be coming out of retirement any time soon :laughing:

But yes he has been one of our best signings , possibly ever

Bwahahahahahaha..umm no

Once again my Ball boy No.2 was spot on

Back