pawsandclaws1
Well-known member
delete
Last edited:
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Sorry mate but we were wests tigers in reserve grade from 2013-2017 we went back to magpies in 2018.It was 1 year (2013 ) - Ryde Eastwood was struggling to fund the Balmain/Ryde Eastwood side as Balmain was contributing nothing ( sound familiar ) - they actually made the grand final with a stacked side courtesy of Tim Sheens. It was decided by WT to streamline the reserves to one side for financial and pathway reasons. Wests magpies were dirty at the way they had been treated in 2012 and the upcoming merger with BRET in 2013 and members voted to end the agreement at reserve grade level. It lasted 1 year and reserve grade reverted back to Wests magpies in 2014 and Balmain/Ryde Eastwood became defunct as they were unable to field a side because of finances.
I don't think it is fair to say NRL clubs are reliant on the NRL grant. It really is revenue sharing or payment for content provided.I don't believe there is much money running a football club and that is why wealthy benefactors are linked to some clubs. The NRL clubs are reliant on the annual grants so our club needs to court a philanthropist or two.
Why would any true WestTigers supporters want to connect with Western suburbs in any way,What if the Magpies played at the COE at Concord/Campbeltown and Lidcombe oval is used for the Balmain junior league aswell as some men's park footy teams within the metro area just like how Birchgrove is used, so more people can experience and possibly connect with the western suburbs side of the wests tigers, even Pratten park could be used too?
It's part of the catchment area of the inner west, it's no different from five dock to Concord it's all part of the same catchment otherwise were either expanding or becoming more of a soccer area. If Birchgrove had AFL posts one day and that was lost from rugby league. I think that be a shame for the junior league, I have a son and hope he can play at these great ovals, without having to play AFL.Why would any true WestTigers supporters want to connect with Western suburbs in any way,
The club is WestTigers,
not Western suburbs nor Balmain but
WESTTIGERS FOR 26 YEARS NOW.
As long as it black and white at that oval I don't mind if it's got giant claws and a big tiger out the front of the jersey.I've been to watch a couple of games at Lidcombe. I am a Balmain side of the JV supporter and attending Lidcombe is really a step back in time. I am pleased Wests' supporters have the chance to dress in their favourite jumpers, albeit many would appear to benefit from a larger size. I do wonder though about the message it sends to our young players hopeful of NRL progression. A consistent jersey all the way through from U20s to the NRL imo is ideal.