Who is the idiot

@ said:
He has improved a lot but his kicking still leaves a lot to be desired for me.
Nice game today though

Maybe 6 repeat sets next week would be 100% increase on this week…

@ said:
@ said:
Nice game today though

I'm starting to think you are Luke Brooks airbags :laughing:

@ said:
I was never too hard on Brooks but said this is his make or break season, that he had to step up and be prepared to take control. He has done so.

But I'd begun to be harsh about Lawrence. Looked finished at NRL level considering his past few seasons and with a stronger pack. But he's stepped up too and is now a real leader.

Benji is the other player I was wrong about. I liked his return to the club but thought he'd be mainly in ISP mentoring young players. Perhaps he would have been if not for the Reynolds injury. Can't see how Reynolds could replace him now.

The coach has made an enormous difference.

What a revelatikn.

People need to understand that brooks was rushed in early, was playing behind a well beaten pack with his only support another young half. It just isn’t easy.,…look at the broncos. Plus he is what 23? Dce wasn’t graded till he was 22...

I too thought Lawrence would struggle to hold down a starting spot. He has been among our best week in week out. So pleased for him, you wouldn’t meet a nicer bloke.

Benji too has surprised me. I thought we would be struggling big time if he was in our top 17, but I’m very impressed with his maturity and leadership. He now gets it,

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what I said about Luke Brooks after we played the Titans and lost at Campbelltown last season.

As for Brooks the boy is going to have a rough time this season. Woods was really the only forward that stood up tonight and we have a pathetic bench that lacks both experience and power that will change next year. He's being relied on to kick on last every time down that left corridor which is killing him and making him look one dimensional and would look better roving across the field, especially with Tui's best game being when he takes the line on. Next year with a partner in Reynolds as well as a superior forward pack and a pre season under IC the boy will thrive. No one came close to him in Junior ranks, and both his representative honours as well as his debut shows that he has the talent, but he will be guided. Once we have Matulino, Packer, McQueen and hopefully another backrower and front rower punching through the middle Brooks will be the halfback that not only takes control, but becomes the source of our points for years to come.
>
It's going to take time, it always was. Cleary has only put the broom through the kitchen, he's got plenty of the house to go. WTTID.

Never stopped believing. Proud of you Brooksy.

Here it is here if you don't believe me :wink: http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=252&t=29666&p=846250#p846250

Congrats to all the "told you so's," and to all of those who said he needs to start performing instead of relying on potential, you were right too
Great job coach - definitely have put things in place to allow Brooks to develop his game. Well done Luke now you have to maintain it.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Nice game today though

Someone has too..

Geo most people's issues with Brooks have been inconsistency in the past , surely you can't disagree old boy ??

@ said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what I said about Luke Brooks after we played the Titans and lost at Campbelltown last season.

As for Brooks the boy is going to have a rough time this season. Woods was really the only forward that stood up tonight and we have a pathetic bench that lacks both experience and power that will change next year. He's being relied on to kick on last every time down that left corridor which is killing him and making him look one dimensional and would look better roving across the field, especially with Tui's best game being when he takes the line on. Next year with a partner in Reynolds as well as a superior forward pack and a pre season under IC the boy will thrive. No one came close to him in Junior ranks, and both his representative honours as well as his debut shows that he has the talent, but he will be guided. Once we have Matulino, Packer, McQueen and hopefully another backrower and front rower punching through the middle Brooks will be the halfback that not only takes control, but becomes the source of our points for years to come.
>
It's going to take time, it always was. Cleary has only put the broom through the kitchen, he's got plenty of the house to go. WTTID.

Never stopped believing. Proud of you Brooksy.

Here it is here if you don't believe me :wink: http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=252&t=29666&p=846250#p846250

Whilst not discounting the influence of Cleary, our wonderful game, almost without fail, it begins and ends in the middle of the field, with a capable half there to guide them and then apply the icing to the cake. I think it is fair to say, that despite injury, Brooks started showing more from the time that Twal arrived to join Eiso as part of our middle. Their addition also allowed Elijah to move to the troubled right, whilst also contributing in the centre defence early in the count.

The arrival this season of the Kiwi front rowers has taken the WT pack to the head of the table, with their competitiveness and/or dominance having the knock-on effect of allowing the likes of Lawrence to again shine, instead of being on the back foot most of the time. Conversely, the go forward has somewhat negated the importance of a player such as Nofo and the metres that he provided.

Like yourself, I have always believed in Luke and am not at all surprised by his rise in form, just as I am similarly unsurprised by general progress as a team, even if I did not expect quite as much.

The next best thing is that a flat track bully that has all the tricks in poor Moses would be constantly throwing things out of his pram every time he thinks about the opportunities that could have been his behind our pack.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Someone has too..

Geo most people's issues with Brooks have been inconsistency in the past , surely you can't disagree old boy ??

Nope I can…as he was never as bad as was made out..he now has a pack of pigs that are consistently Matching and bettering the opposition week to week not once in every 8 games or so..

Look at your beloved Cowboys their pack is getting owed most weeks and the greatest half in the game is looking bog ordinary...

What I like about all the discussion about our team is " we wont be a force against the classier sides this year ,but wont finish with the spoon,maybe 13th/14th"..

HA HA HEE HEE :roll
\
\
WE are showing the classy sides how to play the game without the classy flashy high paid personel….

Hopefully he can keep it up, he might have to do it without Benji against Manly but I have seen enough to believe he can do it.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Someone has too..

Nope I can…as he was never as bad as was made out..he now has a pack of pigs that are consistently Matching and bettering the opposition week to week not once in every 8 games or so..

Look at your beloved Cowboys their pack is getting owed most weeks and the greatest half in the game is looking bog ordinary...

So he has only found his running game because of the pigs in front of him ….....my believe as a half is no matter what's in front of you , you don't die wondering or worrying about what if's ....

Brooks always had the right attributes to be a good Half at NRL level. His speed and passing game are both something that you either have or you don't. People are well in with their rights ( me included) to upset with him when some of his passes were too rushed and missed there mark or his kicks went dead. However I never called for him to be dropped because he was the best we had and most of his rushed mistakes were a result of a team going backwards. When he had Moses, Lovett, Edwards, Sirro, ect next to him he had a lot of pressure on him. Now he is surrounded by experience NRL players and the younger one of the more level headed type his game has gone to the next level, where people expected it to be.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Where are the death riders?

Smugness is ugly.

I don't see that comment as smug or ugly. For so along we have been listening to people lay the boot into Brooks, Lawrence and Kev. Why not call them out ? We had to read pages upon pages about how crap they are.

But we're they wrong Don?
I don't get these threads.
Good now doesn't mean bad in the past didn't happen

Ink some of the criticism was way over the top about Brooks. If it was a bit of constructive criticism I don't think this tread should have been posted.
IMO they were wrong it calling Brooks to be sacked. I also think these sort of thread are necessary it restoring the balance of opinion. If people can have multiple threads going all off-season about how hopeless a player is, why can't someone call them out?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Smugness is ugly.

I don't see that comment as smug or ugly. For so along we have been listening to people lay the boot into Brooks, Lawrence and Kev. Why not call them out ? We had to read pages upon pages about how crap they are.

But we're they wrong Don?
I don't get these threads.
Good now doesn't mean bad in the past didn't happen

Ink some of the criticism was way over the top about Brooks. If it was a bit of constructive criticism I don't think this tread should have been posted.
IMO they were wrong it calling Brooks to be sacked. I also think these sort of thread are necessary it restoring the balance of opinion. If people can have multiple threads going all off-season about how hopeless a player is, why can't someone call them out?

No many have been saying this was Brooks last chance to stand up this season

Fair enough too , 85 games into his career he would of been over 100 by seasons end

Most top coaches say it takes 50-100 games to become a top notch consistent NRL player

Well he is in his prime , and thank God he has found the consistent game

Geo would never have coped if he hadn't made it

It's OK Geo I still luv ya , even though you were wrong ….again.....as usual ......... :mrgreen:

He’s arguably the form halfback of the competition. You can count on one hand the halfbacks who are outplaying him atm. Makes you wonder what Cleary could have done to Moses game if Moses wasn’t an ego maniac.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Someone has too..

So he has only found his running game because of the pigs in front of him ….....my believe as a half is no matter what's in front of you , you don't die wondering or worrying about what if's ....

You are getting away from the point of the vitriol aimed at Brooks throughout his career….

He has always been a running half it was never lost.....2014/15/16 /17 he was among the top halves in the game for run metres...now we are benefiting from it more as he has a consistent platform to play off..

See Don's posts..they are good one's...

@ said:
He’s arguably the form halfback of the competition. You can count on one hand the halfbacks who are outplaying him atm. Makes you wonder what Cleary could have done to Moses game if Moses wasn’t an ego maniac.

Probably the same thing we are seeing from Benji the last game and 20 minutes

No way Marshall is following Cleary's game plans atm

Back