Who wants Flanno over Fulton now?

king_sirro

Im not bagging Flanagan, he was good, but IMO we cant have both he and Fulton in the team and Fulton wins hands down. The try he set up for Brown was class, and his try was as good as any running backrower could score.

On a side note, how can Sheens want Lawrence at 6? Lawrence as a whole was good again tonight, but his passes under pressure proved he isnt a 6 at all. Wake up Sheens, it nearly cost us.

Great game from Liam. Even before that try he'd been doing a great job as a ball player and tackling his heart out.
Liam was a much better 6 than Lawrence, especially on the right hand side. I don;t think Lawrence can pass left to right.

Fulton was great tonight, mind you it is the first time this year he has really impressed me. His defence is always rock solid, but I thought his attack had been lacking.

Great game fults.

Have to agree with this thread in entirety. Fulton is finally turning into the class backrower he always promised. A Heighnington, Ellis, Fulton backrow looks pretty good right now - contrary to what I said at the start of the year.

Great thread Sirro - agree with everything you say. Fulton was great tonite and a couple of Lawrence's passes were dreadful

Hold up! this is the least of our problems, and i think Flanno is a very solid and under rated player just the type we need in our side and i think Sheens really likes him as well, why can't we accommodate for the two of them anyway?

Fulton should start in the centres. He atleast runs on to the ball hard and gives the playmakers an option that worries the defending side.

did anyone actually rate flanno over fulton?
wow

our number of wins with both in the team seems to suggest we can play both and win.

@Balmain Tiger said:
fulton and flannagan are to similiar…at full strength we should have fulton.

the difference is fulton is a bit more skillful and can get a great pass away, like tonight. also, fulton may be a little faster.

Fulton should be a starting, eighty minute lock that plays an Anasta type role. Flanagan should be our bench utility.

8\. Gibbs
10\. Payten
11\. Ellis
12\. Heighington
13\. Fulton

14\. Flanagan
15\. Galloway
16\. Fifita
17\. Moors

Is the best we could hope for. Dwyer is a very very very close run 18.

Fulton certainly offers more with more his ball playing skills and stronger in attack. If i had to pick one Id go Fulton everyday of the week, but having said that when injuries occur Im more then happy to play Flanagan.

@king sirro said:
Im not bagging Flanagan, he was good, but IMO we cant have both he and Fulton in the team and Fulton wins hands down. The try he set up for Brown was class, and his try was as good as any running backrower could score.

On a side note, how can Sheens want Lawrence at 6? Lawrence as a whole was good again tonight, but his passes under pressure proved he isnt a 6 at all. Wake up Sheens, it nearly cost us.

I agree, Fulton offers a level of skill and ballplaying ability that Flanagan simply doesn't have, despite his best efforts. Fulton at 6 would probably be more effective than Lawrence too Sirro.

Latest posts

Back