Who's Our Goal Kicker

The-moP

**TIGERS’ LEFT FIELD KICKING OPTION**

They had two different goal kickers last season but this one came straight out of left field.

He’s never kicked at NRL level.

Actually, since he’s been part of the Wests Tigers’ system, he’s never put the ball on the tee but it’s a skill he’s always known he had.

Now, **Esan Marsters**, the hulking 105kg centre, has emerged from out of nowhere to press his claims for the job as goal-kicker for the Tigers.

“I kept the secret to myself. No one knew,” Marsters told Private Ryan.

“I put my hand up this year. Hodgo (assistant coach Brett Hodgson) asked me at one of the training sessions if I kicked and that was my opportunity to start kicking.

“When the boys see me kick they were pretty surprised. It’s going well.”

Last year the Tigers experimented used Mitchell Moses and Tui Lolohea as their first-choice kickers but a training exercise unearthed Marsters’ hidden talent.

With Marsters poised to start the season in the centres, the former Junior Kiwis representative is pushing to be No.1 kicker after smashing his teammates in the weekly kicking challenges at training.

“Me, Tui and Taane (Milne) have been kicking,” he said.

“We all kick against each other and see who can get the most in.

“Tui kicked last year so he’ll have the first-string kicking but hopefully I’ll get a few kicks if he doesn’t want to kick or doesn’t go too good. At the moment, I’d think he’ll start but we’ll see how he feels and how Ivan feels.”

“We all kick against each other and see who can get the most in.

Good training method I rckon…

They should try kicking blindfolded when the 3 are having their kick-off

Well the last sentence seems to say that Tui will be kicking in the FG side…...anyway lets wait and see....

Perhaps Tui isnt the out of form out of shape reserve grader it appears lol.

Pretty confident he will be in the 17.

We don't have one!
Just another reason we'll struggle to sneak into 13th at seasons end.
Just another important factor we lack.
It won't be a problem because i can't see us scoring many tries anyway, we struggled last year with Teddy as our only hope so i can't see things getting better in that department unfortunately.

Add no goal kicker to the list of no's.
Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

Sorry for not being Mr positive, just calling it the way i see it.

the last sentence suggests that tui is still in the 17….

@ said:
We don't have one!
It won't be a problem because i can't see us scoring many tries anyway, we struggled last year with Teddy as our only hope so i can't see things getting better in that department unfortunately.

Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

If you are calling it like you see it - how come you are talking up Tedesco from last year.

In actual fact for 80-85% of the year he was a liability.

If Benji makes team he wouldn’t obviously be first choice when on field. Other than that, throw Tim Grant in there, couldn’t do anybody worse than Milne or Masters efforts so far. Expect to lose a lot of games due to this weakness this year. Hope we don’t have to see a ‘if only we had a goalkicker’ thread at end of season.

@ said:
@ said:
We don't have one!

Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

If you are calling it like you see it - how come you are talking up Tedesco from last year.

Yep, such a liability that he was picked for Origin and is considered by most to be the second best fullback in the game.

His performance in game 1 was nothing short of outstanding I wonder how Brooksy would deal with the pressures of Origin champ.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
We don't have one!

Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

Yep, such a liability that he was picked for Origin and is considered by most to be the second best fullback in the game.

His performance in game 1 was nothing short of outstanding I wonder how Brooksy would deal with the pressures of Origin champ.

We are not talking about SOO - we are talking about Tigers Mate - try and keep up!!!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
We don't have one!

Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

We are not talking about SOO - we are talking about Tigers Mate - try and keep up!!!

We're talking about Brooks, and how he will be our gamechanger this season? Those midfield bombs will surely put fear in the opposition :wink:

Hobbo's young fella hit them well :smiley:

Forget the goal kicking coach , he'd eat you out of sausage's on the players meet and greet day

@ said:
@ said:
We don't have one!

Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

I'm not talking up Tedesco, I just stated the fact that he was our go to guy and we we're still pretty ordinary so how are we going to be without him.
I agree with you that he wasn't great last year.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
We don't have one!

Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

I'm not talking up Tedesco, I just stated the fact that he was our go to guy and we we're still pretty ordinary so how are we going to be without him.

Yes, we agree he wasn't great last year for the Tigers.

So, what I am saying is that he may have been "the go to guy" but he basically did nothing - he may have taken the heat off some other players but that was not taken advantage of.

So if our FB this year is Thompson, Lolohea, Kev or someone else we are not any worse off than last year and may well be a lot better off.

That is a positive thought isn't it?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
We don't have one!

Class
Speed
A halfback
A decent kicker
A strike weapon

Yes, we agree he wasn't great last year for the Tigers.

So, what I am saying is that he may have been "the go to guy" but he basically did nothing - he may have taken the heat off some other players but that was not taken advantage of.

So if our FB this year is Thompson, Lolohea, Kev or someone else we are not any worse off than last year and may well be a lot better off.

That is a positive thought isn't it?

Only if you consider any of those guys better fullbacks than Tedesco.
I'm no huge Teddy fanboy but none of these 3 get even close imo.
Lets be real here, we're comparing fringe first graders who have little to no Nrl time at fullback with the NSW and possibly the Kangaroos no 1.

Tiger, I am not talking about what he was, or what he will be in the future.

We are talking about what he was in 2017 for the tigers - basically a reserve grader himself. So replacing him with a fringe first grader as you call them (I don't) is not really a minus situation.

Anyway lets drop it as you are missing my point and we are getting off topic.

Latest posts

Back