Why is Fulton so well regarded?

Fulton can’t control who coaches and develops them into a winning team, all his job entails is to produce young talent. Manly arguably in terms of juniors coming through have had really good players come through the last 2-3 years.

Schuster and Fainu came from him. Schuster back in the day was probably the highest regarded 5/8 coming up, whilst Fainu at this moment of time is probably the highest regarded 5/8 now. Combine that with Olakaoutu, Saab and Koula who are exceptional talents as well.

Just cause without Turbo the team as a whole can’t win regularly shouldn’t be a negative on Fulton, it should be based around Hasler and Seibold who runs the show on field. Can’t question the talent and it seems he’s very respected by players who he has worked with not only media members.

Fulton is not just running Pathways, if he is, he is running the team list. Time will tell if he can bring in any seasoned players to complement the heap of promising juniors coming through the Tigers ranks. There were a lot of Tiger reps in the City & Country Under 18's (?) this year. Someone needs to secure these juniors coming through and Fulton needs to bring in seasoned players.
Yes, I follow Manly but I certainly watch Clubs' team lists and how they manage four years in advance. The name players you guys sign over the next 2 -3 years will be critical in creating a successful run for the rest of this decade with these juniors coming through.

I have said this before and I will say it again, u can’t keep moving players on and leaking players names who u want gone , and expect there team mates to play with heart and passion. We as a club have done all of the above , and there has no player movement coming in , not even a whisper of who my be coming , this leaves fans with a dirty taste in there mouths . Fans see other clubs swap players , or bringing players in if they get a injury , but we just release , release 🙄🥴

His youth recruitment/development is what has earned him most of his plaudits.

He set up a lot of the pathways in the Western Syd/Blacktown area in which the young Polynesian kids in their side now (Schuster, Olakau’atu, Koula, Fainu brothers etc.) came from.
And he is Bozo's son - so Hadley and the likes pump his tyres!

Fulton is not just running Pathways, if he is, he is running the team list. Time will tell if he can bring in any seasoned players to complement the heap of promising juniors coming through the Tigers ranks. There were a lot of Tiger reps in the City & Country Under 18's (?) this year. Someone needs to secure these juniors coming through and Fulton needs to bring in seasoned players.
Yes, I follow Manly but I certainly watch Clubs' team lists and how they manage four years in advance. The name players you guys sign over the next 2 -3 years will be critical in creating a successful run for the rest of this decade with these juniors coming through.

Any fulton insights would be appreciated mate.

Good point you make.

I have said this before and I will say it again, u can’t keep moving players on and leaking players names who u want gone , and expect there team mates to play with heart and passion. We as a club have done all of the above , and there has no player movement coming in , not even a whisper of who my be coming , this leaves fans with a dirty taste in there mouths . Fans see other clubs swap players , or bringing players in if they get a injury , but we just release , release 🙄🥴
You have a right to be disappointed in the way the club has been managed.
Its most disappointing to see the board continually behaving irrationally.
We all know that success is achieved by having a plan and sticking to that plan.
Recruiting the skills required to implement and meet interim goals progressing along that same journey.
But we often get on track then panic sets in because it isn’t happening fast enough, causing a sudden change which slows our progress.
Our board has become untrustworthy in as much as forward progress is concerned, and that’s the most disappointing aspect.

You have a right to be disappointed in the way the club has been managed.
Its most disappointing to see the board continually behaving irrationally.
We all know that success is achieved by having a plan and sticking to that plan.
Recruiting the skills required to implement and meet interim goals progressing along that same journey.
But we often get on track then panic sets in because it isn’t happening fast enough, causing a sudden change which slows our progress.
Our board has become untrustworthy in as much as forward progress is concerned, and that’s the most disappointing aspect.
Love ur summary, and as fans we don’t want to know the ins and outs of what’s going on , but they leave us frustrated when they move good players on without us gaining any advantage, and with another wooden spoon looking likely, must can’t see what the hell there trying to do

Love ur summary, and as fans we don’t want to know the ins and outs of what’s going on , but they leave us frustrated when they move good players on without us gaining any advantage, and with another wooden spoon looking likely, must can’t see what the hell there trying to do
Exactly, I don’t want to know their day to day activity, just wish they would develop a plan with consensus, tell us what it is and provide some progress reports with a little detail of their achievements.
They appear to be more focussed on external matters and how they react to them.
The shifting of positional responsibilities is another sign of inner conflict.
Gosh, I just cannot believe how reactionary they are at times? Particularly given their individual backgrounds.

Plan is changed
Failure to sign players to execute new plan
Release players to enable completely new plan
Fail to replace released players
Media scrutiny
Change plan
Rinse repeat
I don’t understand why people think change is good? It may sound exciting to go off in a different direction, but the good feeling only lasts 5 minutes.
If Columbus didn’t stay the course he would never have made it to the good ol’ US of A. 🤣

Bozo junior is like Geoff Boycott, taking for ever to get off the mark. One month at least gone and still nothing, not even a sniff of something. It seems it’s all one way traffic out the door

Don’t know, needs to be given some time though. Main priority is halves for 24

Back