Why is Fulton so well regarded?

clokan

I don’t know much about Fulton, but the media seem to hold him in high regard and his appointment was well received. Does anyone know why, I don’t look at Manly‘s recruitment as an example of excellence, has he been great ant identifying youth? what am I missing?

I don’t know much about Fulton, but the media seem to hold him in high regard and his appointment was well received. Does anyone know why, I don’t look at Manly‘s recruitment as an example of excellence, has he been great ant identifying youth? what am I missing?
His youth recruitment/development is what has earned him most of his plaudits.

He set up a lot of the pathways in the Western Syd/Blacktown area in which the young Polynesian kids in their side now (Schuster, Olakau’atu, Koula, Fainu brothers etc.) came from.

He has made an impact in getting their junior reps to a good standard (Manly have done this in the past also)If he can do the same job for us i certainly will not be complaining especially if it impacts our FG squad

Have noticed your point about the change in some media personalities. Buzz.

He set up a lot of the pathways in the Western Syd/Blacktown area in which the young Polynesian kids in their side now (Schuster, Olakau’atu, Koula, Fainu brothers etc.) came from.
Is there any more to it tho.

Because I'm not sure how great these boys go without turbo and DCE?

Also isn't there some narrative about him achieving this despite the huge internal politics at Manly and a concerted effort to remove his family from positions of power, both before and after Bozo died?

He is Bozo's son...and Bozo was mates with literally all the heavy hitters in the media.

I am not criticizing him, just saying that he would not be getting any of this attention were he not Bozo's son.

Re his body of work...that remains to be seen. Yes, recruited some promising young players to Manly. Seems to have done well with them.

Against that...Manly are the biggest one man team we have seen in years. Without Turbo they would finish bottom 4 yearly.

So, Fulton's skill is yet to really be proven either way IMO.

Def did that well. Has a strong record with some of their pathways players.

VS

He also recruited Kelma Tuilagi from us...one of the worst defensive backrowers ever. They then leaked points down his edge whenever Tuialgi played.

He has made an impact in getting their junior reps to a good standard (Manly have done this in the past also)If he can do the same job for us i certainly will not be complaining especially if it impacts our FG
True but a lot of the pathways was also due in no small part to his sister.
I’m still not certain what he’s got that’s worth what are paying, and flicking McDonnell.

Im apologize everybody. But I must admit. I love Terry Hill. In the greatest of greatest Wests Tigers teams he would be one centre.
Back to Manly. When was the last time Wests Tigers made the top 8 and when was the last time Manly made and will make the top 8. With all due respect.

They have won 6 games from 13. Given the bye points they are 8th.

The Cowboys have won 6 games too and are 14th. One or two losses and Manly will sit just above us.

Manly failed to play finals in recent years mostly because Tom Trbojevic got hurt.

Manly’s success is generally linked to the form of the Turbo brothers and their Queensland captain at HB, not some group of kids that Fulton may have discovered in Western Sydney.

Gadget signed him because someone in the media (Hadley) said we should. This from the same fools who always cry about the media having a (warranted) dig at the club.

You can talk. But Manly walk.

They have won 6 games from 13. Given the bye points they are 8th.

The Cowboys have won 6 games too and are 14th. One or two losses and Manly will sit just above us.

Manly failed to play finals in recent years mostly because Tom Trbojevic got hurt.

Manly’s success is generally linked to the form of the Turbo brothers and their Queensland captain at HB, not some group of kids that Fulton may have discovered in Western Sydney.

Gadget signed him because someone in the media (Hadley) said we should. This from the same fools who always cry about the media having a (warranted) dig at the club.

Who recruited the Turbo brothers?

Members online

Back