Why wont the leaders give miller a chance.

khristian

why wont farah and marshall give some love and care to miller and let him shine give him some ball so he can show every one what all the hype is about.

well i wish he was because my grandpas left nut could kick more consistently then benji

I think it has something to do with their ego's.
Miller is a much better kicker than Marshall as is Anasta.
Why do you think Robby got hooked had nothing to do with playing 80 minutes of footy as we all know Robby can.Marshall still thinks his playing Oz Tag and just does not want to be tackled with the ball.Its going to be long season.

Maybe Potter should name Miller on the bench, hook Marshall at Halftime in the next game and give Miller 40minutes to run the show with no interuptions?

I think it is more Farah that won't give him a chance but both are at fault.

When the team is under the pump they don't seem to want to use him, and when we are on the front foot if Benji sees something he does it good or bad.

The only time our possession play has had balance was in the 1st half against Parra when everyone seemed to be on the same page, then things got tough in the second and the book went out the window, and it was the same old same old R&B festival.

He's been in the top side enough weeks now to take care of himself. He's playing halfback, he's got to step up if he thinks he's not being given enough ball. I'm not saying Miller is playing bad but I don't think his inability to dominate teams is anyone else's fault.

I thought the love was spread a bit more evenly in attack when we played the Eels and our attack looked better

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

It's up to Miller to start calling shots, any young player could be nervous at taking control of a game especially if the leading players are Farah and Marshall. However, I don't think anyone is blocking him.

why don't we start another thread on this

I was speaking to both Benji and Robbie the other day and they said they were giving Miller a lot of ball and opportunities.

@stevetiger said:
I was speaking to both Benji and Robbie the other day and they said they were giving Miller a lot of ball and opportunities.

You're easily mislead in that case then.

IMO neither Miller or Anasta will get a chance to show their wares unless either R or B get injured . I also think that one of the reasons MP took R off against Manly was to see what happened. The problem was the player he replaced him with is just not up to NRL standard (IMO not even State Cup) and B , rather than give Miller a go, tried to take over. Further more, we are so predictable after 8 seasons of the R & B show the opposition just have to sit back and watch them crab across the field and knock off the runners. The only form of attack we have now is poorly placed bombs and grubbers into the in goal. Sure we get lucky sometimes but most times it ends up a disaster.

@snowleopard said:
IMO neither Miller or Anasta will get a chance to show their wares unless either R or B get injured . I also think that one of the reasons MP took R off against Manly was to see what happened. The problem was the player he replaced him with is just not up to NRL standard (IMO not even State Cup) and B , rather than give Miller a go, tried to take over. Further more, we are so predictable after 8 seasons of the R & B show the opposition just have to sit back and watch them crab across the field and knock off the runners. The only form of attack we have now is poorly placed bombs and grubbers into the in goal. Sure we get lucky sometimes but most times it ends up a disaster.

Yes history has shown us that Benji is not the easiest pivot for a halfback to play alongside - check out the long casualty list since Prince left. However, I reckon if anyone could command some respect from both R & B it would be Anasta. I think Potter needs to put him in the halves for now to eradicate some of the old R & B show predictability.

He has had enough chances look when lui was there he stood up and took control . I think he needs time in the nsw cup to grow as a player and show what he can do leading a team around the paddock

@monkey said:
He has had enough chances look when lui was there he stood up and took control . I think he needs time in the nsw cup to grow as a player and show what he can do leading a team around the paddock

Lui wasn't an instant success. Miller has spent four games at half this year. He needs more of a chance to prove himself.

People on this forum call for players to be given a chance for months, and when the player finally gets a go, people are on their rooftops shouting for him to be hooked.

Make up your minds people

The ball should be in the hands of our best playmakers. Right now that is Benji and Robbie. Do you think Widdop ever looks the dominant force ahead of Smith and Cronk??? Um, big time NO that. All Miller needs to do at this early stage of his career is join the dots together. I think he's done alright this first month. Made a few good runs, Scored a clever try, booted a field goal. Remember, we're not asking miracles of him. His time to shine will come. Right now he's just a supporting cast.

Miller had a chance to step up when we had all the pocession in the first half and when Robbie went off but as usuall he didn't.

Lui had the same problem.

Miller hasn't set the world on fire when does get the ball. Unfortunately for him, that is where it has to begin if he wants to wins anyone's trust.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back