WT’s Media Team

I’ve worked in sport previously, and media teams are usually limited to the level of access that the football staff allows them.

Some coaches don’t like any behind-the-scenes team footage to be released at all, some don’t really care.

I’ve worked in sport previously, and media teams are usually limited to the level of access that the football staff allows them.

Some coaches don’t like any behind-the-scenes team footage to be released at all, some don’t really care.

True man,
Although - This year, For us...
I'd bet it's more of a case of the Green Coaching Staff doing all they can to get the job done without distractions / putting on a show for the cameras.

Been a concerted effort to not do much media
going into season 2024. Guessing it was one of
the recommendations from the review last year.
Most teams are doing weekly pressers & 15m
pre-season video packages. I'm happy we're not
doing any of that & staying out of the limelight

Anyone else think our media team are so far behind? it’s been a pretty cool watch watching other clubs release pre season documentaries/series & giving their fans insight into pre season. I remember we did that in the 2018/19 pre seasons & they were so interesting to watch.
Notice Manly have a documentary for this preseason and the Warriors did one last year and are in the process of starting one up again. What other teams have pre season doco’s happening?

After the Madge doco they have gone gun shy
That was all the CEO - Herman Munster's dumber brother thinking he'd look good on screen - and taking money from Foxsports to bulk up the balance sheet while giving access to an external media organisation to broadcast the dysfunction of a failing club!!

The mind seriously boggles at that decision alone!!

The loss of brand capital for the Wests Tigers was exponentially greater than the value of direct revenue and brand exposure!

A moron!

1705921678515.png

Last edited:
Didn't Richo infer that he was going to change our media?
He basically said the entire marketing approach and the way the club is presented (especially in the community engagement context and corporate perception) would be entirely restructured IAW the the recommendatons of the review.

A clear reference to the days of the former Chairman who alienated other potential major sponsors due to his blatant commercial conflict of interest....

1705929835143.png

He basically said the entire marketing approach and the way the club is presented (especially in the community engagement context and corporate perception) would be entirely restructured IAW the the recommendatons of the review.

A clear reference to the days of the former Chairman who alienated other potential major sponsors due to his blatant commercial conflict of interest....

View attachment 9796
Our Mission Statement in the past was Make a positive difference to our community. It was interesting that all our engagement with the community was tokenistic. Richo was at the Panthers when they set up the Panthers on the Prowl program, which is one of the best engagement programs i have ever been involved with, and was also at Souths when they set up Souths Cares. Both those programs have true positive engagement in the local communities and I believe provide an insight into what we may see from the Wests Tigers moving forward.

Our Mission Statement in the past was Make a positive difference to our community. It was interesting that all our engagement with the community was tokenistic. Richo was at the Panthers when they set up the Panthers on the Prowl program, which is one of the best engagement programs i have ever been involved with, and was also at Souths when they set up Souths Cares. Both those programs have true positive engagement in the local communities and I believe provide an insight into what we may see from the Wests Tigers moving forward.
Give him a few weeks mate!

Cmon, Richo has just walked in the door and you are asking where is our community outreach.
Richo's focus is in the right place, getting us to win 2024.

Back