WT Squad Prediction 2023

I know thats as things stand now but …..

From the solid rumours chatter I think that Peach Stains swap may be on the cards. Also Brooks situation still bubbling along. Can’t believe Simpkins is still with us …. at best he should be on T & T contract only and not taking up a top 30 spot.

Also think that Musgrove, Simpkin, Nofa and Gildard are really not on Sheens 2023 top 30 desirables listing.

Sione Faniu …. contract situation ???
Fainu is in the Top 30 til end of 2024.

I prefer to look at turnover as opposed to the squad itself. this is what I've got assuming Gildart and Peachey move on as reported.

Garner > Blore*
Leilua > Papali'i
Liddle > Koroisau
Mikaele > Fainu
Roberts > Staines
Tuilagi > Tumeth
Peachey > Ngatikaura
Gildart > Reilly
Tamou > Pole
Madden > Brown*

I think it's fairly clear we've lost out big time in the back row. we're also considerably lighter in terms of experience in the front row with the departure of Tamou and Mikaele who had 50+ games under his belt.

clearly need a backup half as well which explains why Laurie will be training at 5/8. the only position we've improved is at hooker and we've broke even in the outside backs, which could end up at a loss if Nofoaluma leaves and we don't adequately replace him.

it's sobering viewing. while Papali'i and Koroisau improve our starting 13 tenfold our depth has gotten somehow worse than what it was this year. Sheens and Marshall have their work cut out for them improving this squad before March.

The forwards need more. Though Api at hooker is excellent.
That backline needs pace and creativity.
Still missing a proper kicker.
I really hope we move some players on and open space, otherwise we are looking at another sooon battle.

I reckon the only player we get is Staines, He is fast but I don't see him being a game changer for us.

It's a bottom 4 team again but with a good luck with injuries and if our best players actually play like they are our best players we may improve.

Doueihi, Brooks and Laurie are the guys that need to improve significantly.

Not sure if there is already a thread, couldn’t find one, but this is what I would like as next years round 1 squad if current rumours turn out to be correct…

1. Staines
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. Maumolo
6. Laurie
7. Hastings
8. Stefano
9. Api k
10. Pole
11. Papalii
12. Frizell
13. Joffa

14. Musgrove
15. Twal
16. Matamua
17. Kautoga

Not the best, but better then this years side, and a couple of young fellas in there to get some first grade experience under there belts…

Let me know what you guys reckon, and what your line up would be… cheers..
Its an improvement. Just not sure how Laurie would go in the front line. He has great potential to play the Brett Hodgson type fullback support player role. He has suffered playing behind a forward pack that gets dominated week in week out. This pack I like!

Doueihi, Brooks and Laurie are the guys that need to improve significantly.
Brooks cannot improve. I’m not sure he can get much worse either. Laurie is a lemon. For those two we know what we will get. 🗑.
Douehi has potential to play a meaningful role.

Not sure if there is already a thread, couldn’t find one, but this is what I would like as next years round 1 squad if current rumours turn out to be correct…

1. Staines
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. Maumolo
6. Laurie
7. Hastings
8. Stefano
9. Api k
10. Pole
11. Papalii
12. Frizell
13. Joffa

14. Musgrove
15. Twal
16. Matamua
17. Kautoga

Not the best, but better then this years side, and a couple of young fellas in there to get some first grade experience under there belts…

Let me know what you guys reckon, and what your line up would be… cheers..
Laurie ⅝?
Do you know if he's played there growing up?
What's his passing and kicking game like?
I dunno about this one.

C
Laurie ⅝?
Do you know if he's played there growing up?
What's his passing and kicking game like?
I dunno about this one.
Can’t kick - that’s why you need a Hastings in 13 to provide an option to brooks.

C

Can’t kick - that’s why you need a Hastings in 13 to provide an option to brooks.
Unless someone can come up with some history on Daino he remains our mystery man.
It will be interesting to see how he develops over the off season and how they use him in training.
When he runs he's quiet impressive and certainly has a big heart for a little fella.
He needs to get more involved but he's still developing imo.

Reactions: Bob
Unless someone can come up with some history on Daino he remains our mystery man.
It will be interesting to see how he develops over the off season and how they use him in training.
When he runs he's quiet impressive and certainly has a big heart for a little fella.
He needs to get more involved but he's still developing imo.
I think his running game could cause havoc in the line

1. Laurie
2. Noffa
3. Kepaoa (L)
4. Naden (R)
5. Kenny
6. Douehi
7. Brooks
8. Joe O
9. Api
10. Stefano
11. Papali'i
12. Blore
13. Hastings

14. Simpkin
15. Twal
16. Musgrove
17. Freebairn

I prefer to look at turnover as opposed to the squad itself. this is what I've got assuming Gildart and Peachey move on as reported.

Garner > Blore*
Leilua > Papali'i
Liddle > Koroisau
Mikaele > Fainu
Roberts > Staines
Tuilagi > Tumeth
Peachey > Ngatikaura
Gildart > Reilly
Tamou > Pole
Madden > Brown*

I think it's fairly clear we've lost out big time in the back row. we're also considerably lighter in terms of experience in the front row with the departure of Tamou and Mikaele who had 50+ games under his belt.

clearly need a backup half as well which explains why Laurie will be training at 5/8. the only position we've improved is at hooker and we've broke even in the outside backs, which could end up at a loss if Nofoaluma leaves and we don't adequately replace him.

it's sobering viewing. while Papali'i and Koroisau improve our starting 13 tenfold our depth has gotten somehow worse than what it was this year. Sheens and Marshall have their work cut out for them improving this squad before March.

Admittedly reading that, there appears to be improvements there.

Papali'i, Api, Fainu, Rua and Pole are all improvements.

Staines & Brown if they came off would also be better than the outs. Blore could well be better than Garns if he can stay bloody fit.

Top 30 prediction...ok...guessing time...

Fullbacks-
Staines (Wing)
Laurie

Wingers-
Maumalo
Nofoaluma
Mansour

Centres-
Naden
Kepaeoa (Wing)
Talau (2nd Row)
Toupo (Wing)
To'a (Wing)

5/8-
Douiehi (Centre)

Halfbacks-
Brooks (5/8)
Hastings (Lock, 5/8)
Crossland

Lock-
Ofehengaue (Prop)
Freebairn (2nd Row)

2nd Row-
Sironen
Papali'i
Tumeth
Matamua
Blore (Prop)

Prop-
Twal
Dias
Utoikamanu
Pole
Simpkins
Seyfarth (2nd Row)

Hooker-
Korisau
Simpkin
Ngatikaura

There's 30...

Top 30 prediction...ok...guessing time...

Fullbacks-
Staines (Wing)
Laurie

Wingers-
Maumalo
Nofoaluma
Mansour

Centres-
Naden
Kepaeoa (Wing)
Talau (2nd Row)
Toupo (Wing)
To'a (Wing)

5/8-
Douiehi (Centre)

Halfbacks-
Brooks (5/8)
Hastings (Lock, 5/8)
Crossland

Lock-
Ofehengaue (Prop)
Freebairn (2nd Row)

2nd Row-
Sironen
Papali'i
Tumeth
Matamua
Blore (Prop)

Prop-
Twal
Dias
Utoikamanu
Pole
Simpkins
Seyfarth (2nd Row)

Hooker-
Korisau
Simpkin
Ngatikaura

There's 30...
which one ? and are we linked to him ? i haven't heard anything about that

Admittedly reading that, there appears to be improvements there.

Papali'i, Api, Fainu, Rua and Pole are all improvements.

Staines & Brown if they came off would also be better than the outs. Blore could well be better than Garns if he can stay bloody fit.
Blore defense before the injruy was insane didnt he only miss 1 tackle in like 7 games ??

Starting one week earlier next season.

The 2023 NRL season will be the earliest kick-off in 22-years, lasting 31 weeks and in a major shock for fans, every club will have three byes.

In a massive win for fans, the regular season will be run over 27 rounds with four weeks of finals.

Thursday night March 2 next year - one week earlier than the kick-off date of this current season - is the opening round launch date that every club has been told to prepare for.

Pre-season matches are poised to formally begin on the weekend of February 10-12 with staging of the NRL’s Indigenous and Maori All Stars clash in Rotorua, on top of every club’s first official trial matches.

The annual Charity Shield between South Sydney and St George-Illawarra, as well as a second weekend of club trial matches, is being slated by the NRL for February 17-19.

Every club will be given a weekend off from footy on February 24-26 in order to rest before the season-proper commences on March 2. (DT)

We extended AJ, Staford and signed Naden - all centres.

We've got Talau reportable coming back, might not play centre, who knows.

And some want AD at centre - which I doubt will happen, personally and will be persisted with at 5/8 (imo)

I also don't think Staines is signing to play backup but yeah, some interesting movement to take place I think.

We extended AJ/Toa for 1yr only though which says Sheens/Benji aren't convinced on either.

Naden carries into Benji years so he will figure.

Talau I think will be backrow if he gets past the offseason only be 1yr only to cover our squad in 23.

Ken has 1yr left
Nofa has a few and if on song is our best back still.

I have a feeling AD is on the outer & center we just suck in atm. I would like us to play the Hastings/Brooks/AD with Api in the middle for a good 8-10 rounds and see how our attack forms but just think Sheens/Benji will shake some things up because it's clear out attack sucks (and they are attack focused) .

Latest posts

Members online

Back