Your Team 2023

Nice summary on our fringe players trying to breakthrough.

It's great we have the current coaching team as they will give the young players every opportunity to shine. We need players like Bula, Tupou and co to step up because the NRL wing options we have are pedestrian.

Okay maybe he’s a lair on social media around his mates but when I have seen him questioned about rugby league in the media he has been very unimpressive. I put it down to age and hopefully he has some maturing to do. He’s running out of time at WT.
He's only played 41 first grade games...
Still developing... Not a first grader yet according to Sheens
Patience

I hope our luck changes and quite a few of these kids come on to be quality first graders. It would be nice to be thought of as a production line and destination club for young players.
ive all my eggs in on this basket,was ready to ease off the league if Madge hung on, blah blah ,if the new structure doesn't drag us into the big boys club , i will have nothing but a heart felt sympathy for what should have been

ive all my eggs in on this basket,was ready to ease off the league if Madge hung on, blah blah ,if the new structure doesn't drag us into the big boys club , i will have nothing but a heart felt sympathy for what should have been
I feel your pain, I’ve been thinking similar.
I don’t need the extra pain and heartache, I got enough of that going on as it is.
But I will probably continue anyway.

With the style that Sheens wants to play you can guarantee the Ofa won't be in the 13.
For me there's 2 different backrows we can march out..

11. Bateman
12. Papalii
13. Matamua

Or

11. Bateman
12. Blore
13. Papalii
I agree, Ofa is at his best off the bench, looking for contact and an offload creating second phase play. Really excited to see Matamua start to put it together, his short passing game is elite.

I agree, Ofa is at his best off the bench, looking for contact and an offload creating second phase play. Really excited to see Matamua start to put it together, his short passing game is elite.
Just saw this thread probably should have posted in here. I’m not sure I tend to think Joffa will start at lock. Whose to say with a bit of training under sheens he can’t play the same roll. He has developed a decent out ball. Eventually that will be Matamuas spot but he will get worn out quickly if he is expected to play that way from the beginning.
I’ll throw an alternative to you.
11. Matamua
12. Papali’i
13. Bateman

Eisenhuth filled in as first choice lock for Penrith every time Yeo was unavailable.
And not very well. Now there is a guy who’s absolutely one dimensional.
Can’t fathom why Ivan gave his premiership ring to him ? Maybe coz he’s Gus’ cousin or nephew or whatever, but no that doesn’t matter anymore.

Imo ready for a very good year ! ( and whoever said something about the infamous night out in Newy, if that or celebrating a Penrith win are the worst things he ever does, then he has absolutely no worries).
Just ask Pup or Beale !
I hope you’re correct. At this stage he’s a bottom tier NRL fullback, even the Gold Coast kid went past him last year. Has shown glimpses but needs to become money every week.

Remember when Madge had Twal and Eisenhuth as our Locks? What a coach he was
Yeah, but I reckon he was using Twal there for his D to sure up the middle. What the hell Eiso was doing there makes the mind boggle, maybe he got mesmerised by that one offload he did in his first game for us, only to never do it again.

And not very well. Now there is a guy who’s absolutely one dimensional.
Can’t fathom why Ivan gave his premiership ring to him ? Maybe coz he’s Gus’ cousin or nephew or whatever, but no that doesn’t matter anymore.

Seriously? Eiso did a great job at lock for Penrith. He played the link man just as good as Yeo and actually showed everyone how overrated Yeo is.

Members online

Back