Your team vs Parra

Ideally no changes. It was interesting Latu & Naden only played a half each NSW Cup. I assume to get Ks in the legs. So you'd think neither comes into first grade this week. Bud on the bench is still a question mark for me. Happy to go again this week.

If Twal is out I would prefer Matamua over Kepaoa. Pole start at 13. Matamua rotates in for 30 to 40 minutes either side of halftime & Pole to finish off. Sam Fainu & Seyfarth will need play a big role this week if no Twal. Klem & Stef also have a big job with Paulo & RCG.

Target their left of the rookie & Morgan Harper. Big pressure on whoever replaces Moses.

Similar to last week. Get in the grind & break them.

Zero news on Twal, Papa, Latu & Simpkin re injuries.

Twal was suited up before players came off & played hardly any minutes (not normal)

Papa could hardly walk after the game and at same time was getting his wrist/arm looked at.

Latu played 1st half of KOE and stayed on the sideline in 2nd half.

Jake had a bad head knock in KOE and was stretched off the park assume he will miss all footy this weekend.
I believe Latu’s game time was planned in advance. I’d imagine he’ll play another 40-60 minutes on the weekend. His brother might get a run in first grade if Twal is unavailable.

Exactly. And Penrith kept one of them.

Wingers need to contribute in yardage in 2024.
Alex Johnston doesn't. I think that's a more reasonable comparison. Staines needs to make sure he ices any half chances and backs up any breaks. Those are the things he can realistically do for the team with his skill set. If he can do that he has some value. If not he's a space filler.

Alex Johnston doesn't. I think that's a more reasonable comparison. Staines needs to make sure he ices any half chances and backs up any breaks. Those are the things he can realistically do for the team with his skill set. If he can do that he has some value. If not he's a space filler.
Yep. Needs to go looking for the ball.

I believe Latu’s game time was planned in advance. I’d imagine he’ll play another 40-60 minutes on the weekend. His brother might get a run in first grade if Twal is unavailable.

Makes sense given how heavily strapped he was.

Sione Fainu will probably come in for Twal. Still think Lobb would offer more on the wing than Staines but wouldn't argue if they kept the same team as Saturday. Was a dominate performance from the team.
Sione Fainu isn't due back from his foot injury until round 5

things get a little tricky if Twal is out given that Sione isn't due back from injury for another week. if that's the case then we might have to tinker with the forward rotation to ensure we are able to maintain the rage against Parra's huge forward pack.

I'd run with the following

8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Pole
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Matamua

14. Sullivan
15. Seyfarth
16. Klemmer
17. Fainu

if I were Benji I'd be pushing for 25 minutes out of Matamua before pushing Pole to lock and Klemmer onto the field before going back to the usual rotation of Samuela for Stefano and Seyfarth for Pole. Klemmer's minutes have been reduced heavily this year, but with Twal out you'd be pushing for a longer stint out of him and Pole.

I know it's a big ask of Matamua to start on Easter Monday but his defence through the middle is stronger than Seyfarth's and I don't class him as an impact player. if he can hold the fort and give us what we need for 25 then that's a huge plus. I think he can certainly do that.

hopeful that Twal's right to go or Sione is ready to play, but if neither are fit, this is what I'd do.

My feeling is that Blaize Talagi will replace Moses in the halves - he looks very confident and I don't think we should assume the Eels will struggle without Moses. We need to keep the foot on the accelerator.

My feeling is that Blaize Talagi will replace Moses in the halves - he looks very confident and I don't think we should assume the Eels will struggle without Moses. We need to keep the foot on the accelerator.
Last week Moses had 3 try assists, 2 line break assists, 1 line break and saved a certain try from Brooks grounding the ball.

Without him last week, Parra don't get close to Manly.

Everything they do centres around him. He's the biggest possible out for that side. Cartwright, their most in-form forward is now also out.

Cut the head (Paulo and RCG) off this snake (eel) on Monday and they're dead.

It's a huge chance for us this week.

I think Twal might be out.

Sione Fainu was mentioned online, but he's been out with that foot/ankle.

Realistically, in the perfect 'next man up' world, it's our 18th man's turn- Kepaoa.

I quite like the narrative around Matamua though- who i think has looked improved in KOE so far.

My long-shot chance, but the guy I'm quite eager to see break through this year, is Sukkar. Dude looks built for NRL. Solid defender in KOE as well. Doesn't look like a young kid learning his role in that side.

The team who dominates the.middle, gets offloads and quick play the balls, will win.
Moses out helps but Brown finally showing signs of consistency this year and Gutho has been a thorn in our side for years. Win the middle and we can expose these guys, let Paulo and RCG run all.over us and they have lots of points.

We are short on depth everywhere except the halves which is odd.

If Twal is out, I'd be tempted to throw in the meanest, angriest, stinkiest big forward we have irrespective of age as a bench prop and give them 25 minutes to stomp on the slime. Don't try and get a like for like, squeeze an extra few minutes out of Klem, Stef, Fainu, Pole and Seyfarth, all of whom are competent or better in defence, and get someone else to help them rip and tear with the ball. I just don't know if any of the Flegg boys are ready for a cameo like this.

Staines is two games back from a major injury. He needs to regain confidence.

Bit short on middles. If Twal is out I’d go Kepoa and bring him on final 30 with Papilii moving to lock for last 15/20 of the match. Not ideal but think it’s our best bet.

Anyone see nsw cup over the weekend? How’d Kepoa go?

Latest posts

Back