‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco

@jirskyr said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408050) said:
Whatever is actually played in the doco, I predict the forum is going to go into meltdown over every episode: analysing body language, calling out comments from club staff, accusing the documentary of being misleading or censored.

As long as it's not half harsed there should be little complaint.

@maryst said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1395090) said:
@happy_tiger said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394942) said:
Bet Saturdays game gets forgotten on the doco

They're recording at every game, you can see the cameras in the box.

So ...oops we lost that recording .......

@jirskyr said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408050) said:
Whatever is actually played in the doco, I predict the forum is going to go into meltdown over every episode: analysing body language, calling out comments from club staff, accusing the documentary of being misleading or censored.

Are you telling us we can't do that ......

@happy_tiger said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408011) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1395095) said:
@tiger5150 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1395094) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394348) said:
@tony-soprano said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394275) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394248) said:
@tony-soprano said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394211) said:
This concept demonstrates how clueless Pascoe is. Marina Go administration still killing us.

I’d take Go over inspector gadget any day

Why ?

I thought she did a reasonable job and I don’t think she would have pushed for a 4 year nofo extension.

Was she not there when we signed Reynolds, Packer, mbye?

She was, but i'm not sure Marina was too hands on with regards to recruitment (at least not to my knowledge).

No way she was involved in recruitment ..she herself admitted she didn't have a heap of NRL understanding knowledge

I do remember her being asked about Nathan Cleary while Ivan was here. Her response was "We'll support Ivan if he wants to bring Nathan here, but we've got a very good halfback in Luke Brooks and he'll have to work with him". I saw enough in that statement to suggest she was involved.

They probably haven't released the doco because they're waiting on more footage of us winning.

@weststigerman said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408125) said:
@happy_tiger said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408011) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1395095) said:
@tiger5150 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1395094) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394348) said:
@tony-soprano said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394275) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394248) said:
@tony-soprano said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1394211) said:
This concept demonstrates how clueless Pascoe is. Marina Go administration still killing us.

I’d take Go over inspector gadget any day

Why ?

I thought she did a reasonable job and I don’t think she would have pushed for a 4 year nofo extension.

Was she not there when we signed Reynolds, Packer, mbye?

She was, but i'm not sure Marina was too hands on with regards to recruitment (at least not to my knowledge).

No way she was involved in recruitment ..she herself admitted she didn't have a heap of NRL understanding knowledge

I do remember her being asked about Nathan Cleary while Ivan was here. Her response was "We'll support Ivan if he wants to bring Nathan here, but we've got a very good halfback in Luke Brooks and he'll have to work with him". I saw enough in that statement to suggest she was involved.

Well he was about to win the halfback of the year award at the time .......she got one of our players names wrong early on .......anyone remember who it was ?????????

@weststigerman said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408128) said:
The probably haven't released the doco because they're waiting on more footage of us winning.

Must of Turned into a short story.

So I guess this will be the shortest doco in history. Perhaps it's going to be more like a 30 second commercial. I hope.

@tiger5150 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408061) said:
Im second guessing the wisdom of this doco. If it is truly warts and all, there is no way with the season we have had that it can paint us in a positive light.

I cant see a positive in it, it is not going to improve our chances of recruitment.

I get where you are coming from and agree.
A warts and all view might cause some short term pain but at this point the club needs the light shone on it and the lackadaisical approach to winning we appear to have.
If we get lucky it might even force the club (and in particular our first grade playing group) to have a good hard look at themselves and be a catalyst for some serious change in our pursuit of a winning culture and mentality.

@innsaneink said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408023) said:
Fletch with Joel Caine on SEN reckons this doco will "send shock waves thru the NRL"

If they have any commonsense they'll can this project - they're not filming a winning club or team here.

@willow said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408271) said:
@innsaneink said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408023) said:
Fletch with Joel Caine on SEN reckons this doco will "send shock waves thru the NRL"

If they have any commonsense they'll can this project - they're not filming a winning club or team here.

Struggling to imagine what good could come from it, but if they have signed permission with a third party, it might be out of their hands.

Couldn't agree more. I'm concerned this will just confirm what most people suspect about our club.

Too late ..
They’ve already booked the IMAX theatre at Darling Harbour

@coivtny said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408275) said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm concerned this will just confirm what most people suspect about our club.

and remove all hope from the rest of us...

@hobbo1 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408280) said:

Too late ..

The screen won't know what hit it...

We aren't attracting players without the doco.
Improvement needs to cover from within.

We need to own up to where we are at if we want to improve.

I think the doco will be the best thing we can do.

@willow said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408285) said:
@hobbo1 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408280) said:

Too late ..

The screen won't know what hit it...

Eggs ?

Im looking forward to this like watching fail army on YouTube

@tiger5150 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1408061) said:
Im second guessing the wisdom of this doco. If it is truly warts and all, there is no way with the season we have had that it can paint us in a positive light.

I cant see a positive in it, it is not going to improve our chances of recruitment.

It might provide the human story behind the efforts to run the club.

I think fans tend to over-simplify how hard it is to run a club, and how there are actually smart and passionate employees at the club. A lot of fans will see it as spin, but it's a different thing to put a human face, a human personality to all the behind-scenes at the club.

Back