‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco

@yeahcaz said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441855) said:
I’ve heard numerous people say in review of the show so I’ll just repeat it. Now I full well understand that our club and players need a bloody rev up because it’s just mediocrity central but when does the rev become too much ? Again, this could full well be down to lack of locker room leaders but even still it’s not normal to see the sheds that quiet, regardless of the match result. Denan Kemp of bloke in a bar fame has said numerous times he doesn’t agree completely with Maguires coaching style because it looks as if the players are just flat out scared to act up a bit and have a laugh. Like every speech from Maguire looks like a classroom. Watch any game involving storm, roosters, south’s etc. the coach speaks and as he takes his normal pauses the players will back him or have something to say to the group in regards to the manner whereas our players sit there with there mouths painted on. It shows on the field and one of the only things this doco has shown me is this group does not enjoy the footy they’re playing and therefore don’t enjoy their day to day job. I don’t know about everyone here but it’s hard to turn up everyday for a job you don’t like, can’t wait for all the incoming hero’s saying “we don’t earn 400k a year for our job” spare me.
What Robbie said at the beginning of the episode should ring alarms through the club, if he’s saying Maguire needs to loosen the shackles to the public eye, he should do so before it costs him his job.

didn't Madge unleash the shackles a bit earlier in the year and we got trounced?

@ozluke said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441894) said:
@yeahcaz said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441855) said:
I’ve heard numerous people say in review of the show so I’ll just repeat it. Now I full well understand that our club and players need a bloody rev up because it’s just mediocrity central but when does the rev become too much ? Again, this could full well be down to lack of locker room leaders but even still it’s not normal to see the sheds that quiet, regardless of the match result. Denan Kemp of bloke in a bar fame has said numerous times he doesn’t agree completely with Maguires coaching style because it looks as if the players are just flat out scared to act up a bit and have a laugh. Like every speech from Maguire looks like a classroom. Watch any game involving storm, roosters, south’s etc. the coach speaks and as he takes his normal pauses the players will back him or have something to say to the group in regards to the manner whereas our players sit there with there mouths painted on. It shows on the field and one of the only things this doco has shown me is this group does not enjoy the footy they’re playing and therefore don’t enjoy their day to day job. I don’t know about everyone here but it’s hard to turn up everyday for a job you don’t like, can’t wait for all the incoming hero’s saying “we don’t earn 400k a year for our job” spare me.
What Robbie said at the beginning of the episode should ring alarms through the club, if he’s saying Maguire needs to loosen the shackles to the public eye, he should do so before it costs him his job.

didn't Madge unleash the shackles a bit earlier in the year and we got trounced?

What game was that

@yeahcaz said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441901) said:

What game was that

can't quite remember who it was against, but there was a big thing about madge taking his foot off the anger button for a week just to try something different due to player feedback, and we got rolled

@ozluke said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441904) said:
@yeahcaz said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441901) said:

What game was that

can't quite remember who it was against, but there was a big thing about madge taking his foot off the anger button for a week just to try something different due to player feedback, and we got rolled

Can’t give up on that approach after one game.

@yeahcaz said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441920) said:

What game was that

Can’t give up on that approach after one game.

if the players reacted differently then I agree, but we got done with the softly softly approach

@twentyforty said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441553) said:
@tigger19 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441546) said:
Haven’t watched all of the 2nd episode, in the sheds after the Cowboys loss Maguire tells the players he will see them 3pm the next day for a review, and to change their attitude, then starts to walk out.First players up and getting their stuff are Musgrove and Nofoaluma. It’s only a little thing but to me reinforced two players that really have a poor attitude and have stunk it up this year. Nofo should of been the last player up and embarrassed after the game he had.

You need to weigh that up against the size of the hot water tank. Your point is not lost though?

Sounds like you hit your head on the water tank, hope you feel better soon

@tigger19 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441546) said:
Haven’t watched all of the 2nd episode, in the sheds after the Cowboys loss Maguire tells the players he will see them 3pm the next day for a review, and to change their attitude, then starts to walk out.First players up and getting their stuff are Musgrove and Nofoaluma. It’s only a little thing but to me reinforced two players that really have a poor attitude and have stunk it up this year. Nofo should of been the last player up and embarrassed after the game he had.

And what should have happened immediately after Madge leaving was Tamou get a hold of his team and lay down the law. Issue with that though is he sucked too! But someone in the alleged leadership group should have said something. Geezus, I’ve been part of those sessions in park footy sides. That’s the concern for me, I’ve been a Neville nobody in plenty of park footy sides and we got more revved up than what you see our boys do in this footage. Might be 25 years ago but I wouldn’t have thought times would change that much

What game was that

That doesn't really narrow it down :(

@trusted_insider said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441965) said:

What game was that

It was early in the year,after last year Benji and Noffa sooked about how hard Madge is in the training sessions etc...Madge listened,gave them some slack and they put in a worse performance...Madge gets ridiculed a heck of a lot,but these players get a pass because they wear our jumper....sometimes the grass aint greener on the other side...

@gcfan said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441959) said:

And what should have happened immediately after Madge leaving was Tamou get a hold of his team and lay down the law. Issue with that though is he sucked too! But someone in the alleged leadership group should have said something. Geezus, I’ve been part of those sessions in park footy sides. That’s the concern for me, I’ve been a Neville nobody in plenty of park footy sides and we got more revved up than what you see our boys do in this footage. Might be 25 years ago but I wouldn’t have thought times would change that much

How do you know Tamou or someone else didn't? - half time is longer than 2 minutes.

@truetiger said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441970) said:
@trusted_insider said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441965) said:

What game was that

It was early in the year,after last year Benji and Noffa sooked about how hard Madge is in the training sessions etc...Madge listened,gave them some slack and they put in a worse performance...Madge gets ridiculed a heck of a lot,but these players get a pass because they wear our jumper....sometimes the grass aint greener on the other side...

results or not, it seems madge is the only one there showing any heart

Just a comment regarding the suggestions that Madge, or the docco itself, has unfairly emphasised mistakes from the debutants like Simpkins or Cini. They were definitely mentioned, but I felt it was more about their inexperience at NRL level and not that they were poor players as such. In fairness Madge also revs up AD at one point for not having a go, makes a comment about Moses Mbye not running when he should be, as well as eludes to BJ’s struggles with form. They also show the big let down in Brooks dropping the kick off with seconds to go in the Titans game.
What i see is a group of players not performing to their best and a coach struggling to understand why.

@russell said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441971) said:
@gcfan said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441959) said:

How do you know Tamou or someone else didn't? - half time is longer than 2 minutes.

Of course I don’t know but how many discussions like that were had when half the team we’re up and off to the showers as it was the end of the game not half time

No, um, I think that he was rolling with the ebbs and flows that game .,, it was the game that he told us that ‘this is not how the west’s tigers play, this is not who we are but after the game that Madge said that he is going to start looking for men to play for us that the shackles were unleashed… it’s confusing because we had always been told that the boys had trained the house down before every one of the games that they were flogged in. All of us dejected and embarrassed supporters were told not to worry because Madge has let it be widely known that people will definitely be held accountable but only if you are a rookie that made a rookie error but not if you are a marquee player that puts no effort into the game at all and could care less about the club!

@tigger19 said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441931) said:
@twentyforty said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441553) said:

You need to weigh that up against the size of the hot water tank. Your point is not lost though?

Sounds like you hit your head on the water tank, hope you feel better soon

Just saying tigger, my memory of LO sheds is that they’re very cold and wet. Sitting on the bed with the Dragons doc putting stitches in my head without anaesthetic and changa having a laugh, thinking how cold and wet it was, in hindsight I realised the visitors shed was hosed out just before arrival, but it was cold and would have been grateful for a hot shower.

@tigersj said in [‘It’s the truth’: compelling new WT doco](/post/1441973) said:
Just a comment regarding the suggestions that Madge, or the docco itself, has unfairly emphasised mistakes from the debutants like Simpkins or Cini. They were definitely mentioned, but I felt it was more about their inexperience at NRL level and not that they were poor players as such. In fairness Madge also revs up AD at one point for not having a go, makes a comment about Moses Mbye not running when he should be, as well as eludes to BJ’s struggles with form. They also show the big let down in Brooks dropping the kick off with seconds to go in the Titans game.
What i see is a group of players not performing to their best and a coach struggling to understand why.

What I see is a coach that has a vision of what he wants the playing group to follow but for many reasons the playing group aren’t interested . Cause of the frustrations a lot of us supporters want to hear him “giving it to them” cause it makes us feel that someone at least is reacting to the way we feel. I rarely, if ever give a thought to what back door and blocker say but tonight on NRL 360 I agreed . The truly good coaches are the best people and squad managers and rarely have to pre game get stuck into their players , half time or full time. They have confidence in the strategy, execution and outcome. I certainly don’t disagree with Madge’s vision. The problem I have is he is transferring his frustrations to a young playing group with zero leaders. And, from my painful experiences, that does not work . Just look at how we start after his pre game motivational speech and worse, the reaction after the half time speech.

I do think there is a viewpoint that Fox is angling to the audience. It’s like they have been read the script before the season plays out. Young team recently put together in perennial under achieving club. A hard nose coach who has experienced success with another club and knows what kind of personal are required to get there. The frustration spilling each time he address’s the players.

It’s reads of coach carter, Friday night lights or any other way a underdog rising story has played out in Hollywood’s bright lights….

Well if Madge swears at the group most weeks to get his point across....all well and good,apparently it falls on deaf ears and should probably continue until it sinks in ..Or he can do a DESSY and tear the door off the sheds and crack a bazzack...Or do a Bellamy and through the water bottle at the glass of the coaches box.....they all vent.week in week out ...its the intensity of the frustration...Madge does it more because these blokes would frustrate Jesus Christ if he was coach...

Call me crazy,but watching Madge receive little leadership or enthusiasm from the playing group, I wonder whether we shld have hung on to Josh Reynolds this year..they're two attributes he does bring??
We sorta paid a large chunk of 2021 anyway for Jr

Back