2 point field goals

Sabre

Biggest joke of a rule introduced to the game in a long time. PVL has a lot to answer for in the way he has changed the rules this year. You don't deserve to grab 2 points off the back of a solid defensive set.

@sabre said in [2 point field goals](/post/1340082) said:
Biggest joke of a rule introduced to the game in a long time. PVL has a lot to answer for in the way he has changed the rules this year. You don't deserve to grab 2 points off the back of a solid defensive set.

Agreed worst rule ever

If i want to watch field goals being more than they are worth union is the game.That amongst terribly biased officiating cost us a well deserved win.It should have been 14-13 our way

It’s a good concept. Adds a bit more spice at the back end when a team is up by 2. Like it did tonight

It's a gimmick. Not sure the rule change was needed, not sure it will improve the game. Made for good theatre tonight.

If there was ever going to be a team that would lose a game due to this new rule, it was always going to be us. I hate the rule and I don't see us having the field goal kickers to exploit it at all this year.

@tigers_wests said in [Two point field goal](/post/1340384) said:
If there was ever going to be a team that would lose a game due to this new rule, it was always going to be us. I hate the rule and I don't see us having the field goal kickers to exploit it at all this year.

AD has the distance in him

All these new rules to lure in casual fans, doesn’t necessarily make the game worse but has a bit of a BBL vibe to it, detracts from the grind and the fight and makes it all about highlight reels and gimmicks as opposed to the more subtle artistry on the field. In my opinion it’s going backwards, isn’t this what we have the 9s tournaments and stuff for...a quick entertainment fix that is fast and touch footy esque.

Maybe I’m just annoyed because we get the raw end a lot with every rule change disadvantaging us (e.g. always losing 6 again counts) but just don’t know if it creates a better product for people that aren’t a casual observer

I think the games admin should be trying to encourage
more tries ...the corner post rule a few years back was
a brilliant change.
Was there ever a reason WHY?

Two point field goals and 6 again rules have cheapened the game. Even golden point is ridiculous. Why can't teams win within the allocated time? Why are we trying to become like union? Why are we they trying to make the game worse and unwatchable? The game has had too many rule changes past ten years they need to stop tinkering with it and stop listening to tv execs obsessed with last minute drop kickathons.

Honestly I don't mind them. I'm surprised we even saw one let alone 3 this year, Reynolds kick tonight was insanely good. I didn't think we would see any all season unless they were right off a dropout

This is so true. As fans of a struggling team we have been crying out for a strong defensive display and some starch in defence.

To be huge underdogs and have the opposition on the back foot with strong defence only to have that all negated by a bloke who can kick a long range field goal is just so disheartening. I just can’t see how that improves the game.

I feel like all the other rule changes have had a very clear reason as to why they would make the game better. What is the justification for the 2 point field goal? Literally the only reason is for the losing team to have a Hail Mary play.

@inmadgewetrust said in [2 point field goals](/post/1340488) said:

This is so true. As fans of a struggling team we have been crying out for a strong defensive display and some starch in defence.

To be huge underdogs and have the opposition on the back foot with strong defence only to have that all negated by a bloke who can kick a long range field goal is just so disheartening. I just can’t see how that improves the game.

I feel like all the other rule changes have had a very clear reason as to why they would make the game better. What is the justification for the 2 point field goal? Literally the only reason is for the losing team to have a Hail Mary play.

All comes back to PVL. Fans see right through his "tackled the orange boy at halftime" garbage. It's clear he is out of touch and doesn't really have much of a clue about what the fans want.
He did an amazing job with getting the season restarted last year, but he should stick to admin and keep his hands off the game itself.

@sabre said in [2 point field goals](/post/1340491) said:

All comes back to PVL. Fans see right through his "tackled the orange boy at halftime" garbage. It's clear he is out of touch and doesn't really have much of a clue about what the fans want.
He did an amazing job with getting the season restarted last year, but he should stick to admin and keep his hands off the game itself.

@sabre said in [2 point field goals](/post/1340491) said:

The irony is that his “tackle the orange boy” schtick is the complete antithesis to this 2 point field goal rule.

How can he not see that.

If your going to have a 2 point field goal a try should be worth 5 points.
No way should a field goal be worth half a try !

Back