2 referees?

huddgiant01

As i live in England and follow the super league, i very rarely get to watch the NRL, so what do you think about having 2 referees?
Because we both play the same sport surely there should be 2 referees all around the world.
what are your thoughts?

Liked it to begin with but dont now. To inconsistant and to many things are getting pulled up by the pocket referee that shouldnt be. A common complaint is that one ref will keep the defence back about 7 or 8 metres and the other might have em back the full 10\. Im not a fan.

@Sabre said:
Liked it to begin with but dont now. To inconsistant and to many things are getting pulled up by the pocket referee that shouldnt be. A common complaint is that one ref will keep the defence back about 7 or 8 metres and the other might have em back the full 10\. Im not a fan.

would you recomend we have it aswel then?
sounds like a lack of comunication between the 2 referees. are video ref decisions cut down due to two referees been on the pitch?

I wouldnt recommend esl had it. There was less video ref at the start of the season but now they go to video ref a lot.

I think the main problem is the refs are scared of the "4 officials and not one saw it" complaints, so they are making calls that are wrong in order to avoid using the video ref.

from the ESL games i see on tv there are less major mistakes made in that league compared to ours.

i was a fan of the 2 ref system initially but think its useless. it hasnt sped up play as much as we would have liked and the errors that are getting through are becoming a joke.

i wont even go on with the video ref, i reckon theyre up there in the box smoking bongs or somthing during the games.

it'll be played under International Rules, which has one ref.

I would prefer either:

- Refs substitute each other at half time, or
- Have 2 refs, but keep the pocket ref, the same ref for both sides, and keep the 10m ref the same ref for both sides as well to avoid some inconsistency.

I would much rather the video ref gets taken away though. Maybe even have one main ref and go back to in goal refs.

Staff online

Back