2010 halfback

Its time people realise that Benji is our best 7\. Look, overall, Robbie is the best halfback in the club, but he's satying at 9, so the next best is Benji. We just have to live with his mistakes, and hope he minimises them. But overall, he takes control, and creates plenty, and it allows the best 5/8 in the club to do his thing in Moltzen. Give Moltzen time at 6, and he'll come into rep calculations.

@king sirro said:
Its time people realise that Benji is our best 7\. Look, overall, Robbie is the best halfback in the club, but he's satying at 9, so the next best is Benji. We just have to live with his mistakes, and hope he minimises them. But overall, he takes control, and creates plenty, and it allows the best 5/8 in the club to do his thing in Moltzen. Give Moltzen time at 6, and he'll come into rep calculations.

I think Benji is a much better 7 than Robbie - I don't think its even close.

Benji has to work on his game and there is a lot of improvement in him but I think he is pretty close to Robbie now as our best player - I can't really split their performances this year. Robbie hasn't had his best year this season though so maybe he'll turn it on over the rest of the season.

Anyhow I can't see how there is another option unless we sign someone other than Benji. He should be our long term 7 or 6.

Moltzen has been very good in his 2 games at half and this has also conincided with Marshall playing much better in the number 6.

Just goes to show if Sheens made the correct selection earlier in the season things may have been different.

Moltzen to keep the job for me.

I got an :bulb: Halves shall be forever know as combo's cause that's how the game is played these days…as a Combo...Marshall/Moltzen will do me fine with Ahysford and Lazarus reserves 1 and 2.....for 2010...

Marshall and Moltzen have looked pretty good the last couple of games. Moltzen I believe is a former Aust schoolboys halfback. The key is more the go forward from our pack - if that's not up to scratch it wouldn't matter who plays at 7.

I voted for Taumata, but Moltzen should be given the first crack at the No.7 in 2010\. He is continuing to prove his worth in the halves. Taking on the line, has a great passing game with left to right, right to left, and it is refreshing to see ball movement to the outside men with room to move. Keep it up kid.

why wouldnt you just keep the combination that is sucessful

Benji is a 5/8 not a half back

Tumatra should have to work to get in the side

with what ive seen so far no matter what happens if we make finals or not im happy with moltzen.

For once we have a mountain of quality depth in the halves for next year. We don't need to sign anyone else.

Marshall
Moltzen
Taumata

Then as fill ins

Lui
Lazarus
Ayshford

There is no reason why, with our roster for next year, we shouldn't be close to top 4.

@weststigers said:
For once we have a mountain of quality depth in the halves for next year. We don't need to sign anyone else.

Marshall
Moltzen
Taumata

Then as fill ins

Lui
Lazarus
Ayshford

There is no reason why, with our roster for next year, we shouldn't be close to top 4.

We lack depth in the forwards. If we're fully fit then we're fine, but your forwards are bound to get injuries. Guys like Schirnack go okay, but theyre never gonna set the world on fire or pressure Gibbs or Galloway for a spot.

@huddgiant01 said:
once fulton returns from us, he could be used. his kicking game has been second to non.

Welcome aboard mate….see Kaiser....Here's a Giants fan who has seen it with his own eyes.....Go Liam

Kicking Game second to none.....He even kicks for touch off penalties...saw highlights on SLTV....

Dunley will be hard pressed for a spot next year by the looks of things. He was dropped to the Campbelltown Eagles last week and replaced by Sam Hoare. Definately must be out of favour.

Thanks mate, when kicks from penalty's he gets alot of distance on them, he has scored a few good trys and his defensive game is very impresive.

Back