2012-2013 Football (Sokkah) Thread

I think my avatar speaks for whom I support smooche..

as for lucas neill.

If he's selected then both myself and happy are good to play as the centre forward pairing.

Hey Smooch did you watch the game ??

I must have had a 5 minute power nap just after Everton scored , but did Nolan have a goal disallowed ??

@happy tiger said:

I must have had a 5 minute power nap just after Everton scored , but did Nolan have a goal disallowed ??

not a goal disallowed no he went through on goal distin and stones were getting pushed so the ref blew up for a free kick aint seen the highlights yet so not sure weather it was a good decision or not. west ham played well though deserved a draw. big win for us though next two league games both at home and a game in hand on most teams still alot to play for. think 7th is probably were we will finish which will be good season for martinez' first season.

Just looking at the relegation battle. I think West Brom could be in some trouble. I think Shane Long is a very good striker and for them to sell him, especially to another relegation battler in Hull City in the January transfer window, it could be a big mistake. He's the time of player that can pop up for a goal at any stage which is what the bottom clubs need.

I hope Palace survives, Tony Pulis has made a big difference since he has arrived. They are pretty solid at the back but they do struggle for goals and that could be their downfall.

I think Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom will go down.

@smoochefc said:
@happy tiger said:

not a goal disallowed no he went through on goal distin and stones were getting pushed so the ref blew up for a free kick aint seen the highlights yet so not sure weather it was a good decision or not. west ham played well though deserved a draw. big win for us though next two league games both at home and a game in hand on most teams still alot to play for. think 7th is probably were we will finish which will be good season for martinez' first season.

Better team won on the night ,Toffees had 74% of the possession in the 1st half alone

Just a shame because when Everton scored was on the back of 15 minutes where the Hammers really dominated and were frightfully close to scoring themselves

i woudnt read to much in possession were everton are concerned this season we had 60% at anfield and lost 4-0 we keep the ball as well as anyone in the league just not much of an end product.

Socceroos are up 3-0 against Ecuador at halftime. It's probably the best 45 minutes played by the national team. 2 headed goals to Cahill and a penalty to Jedinak. A vastly inexperienced team is playing very well.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@Peaches said:
Socceroos are up 3-0 against Ecuador at halftime. It's probably the best 45 minutes played by the national team. 2 headed goals to Cahill and a penalty to Jedinak. A vastly inexperienced team is playing very well.

They went onto lose 3-4 with one of the worst second half performances. The reserve keeper got sent off so we were down to 10 when the penalty was converted to 2-3.
A roller coaster performance that will leave Ange probably more confused then when he started but he'll be happy with some of the performances.

@Jazza said:
Just looking at the relegation battle. I think West Brom could be in some trouble. I think Shane Long is a very good striker and for them to sell him, especially to another relegation battler in Hull City in the January transfer window, it could be a big mistake. He's the time of player that can pop up for a goal at any stage which is what the bottom clubs need.

I hope Palace survives, Tony Pulis has made a big difference since he has arrived. They are pretty solid at the back but they do struggle for goals and that could be their downfall.

I think Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom will go down.

If Fulham could play like they did for the first half against Man City every week they wouldn't have a problem

And talking about Jedinak , he is actually leading the EPL in interceptions

A vastly underrated player in my opinion

Langerak killed us with his brain snap, Matt Ryan probably has the #1 jersey locked now. I don't think it's that big a stuff up, we showed we can outplay a quality side like Ecuador, yet the loss probably still keeps the expectations off us for the cup. The preparation wasn't the best either, but we now know the quality is there.

@Marshall_magic said:
Langerak killed us with his brain snap, Matt Ryan probably has the #1 jersey locked now. I don't think it's that big a stuff up, we showed we can outplay a quality side like Ecuador, yet the loss probably still keeps the expectations off us for the cup. The preparation wasn't the best either, but we now know the quality is there.

I think everyone was surprised at the quality of the play. It will be interesting to see whether a lineup of Franjic, Spiranovic, Good and & Davison are our World Cup defensive 4.

It was good to see Luongo debut and just a real freshness to the whole team. Jedinak looks a good leader too.

Ryan is playing regularly and I think today's match yeah locked him in it for sure. Langerack needs game time if he wants the number 1 spot.

![](https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10013625_604283292988829_568951362_n.jpg)

Owned!!!!

![](https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1891170_10151961854400846_1934407843_n.jpg)

Found my new avatar.

![](http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/eyetvsnapshot2.jpg?w=1000)

For my last one…..I couldnt resist this!

Refereeing in the Hammers game was shocking , missed hand ball in the box would of got us back to 2-2 and then Stoke come down and score at the other end

Same ref who sent Carroll off a month ago

@Peaches said:
@Marshall_magic said:

I think everyone was surprised at the quality of the play. It will be interesting to see whether a lineup of Franjic, Spiranovic, Good and & Davison are our World Cup defensive 4.

It was good to see Luongo debut and just a real freshness to the whole team. Jedinak looks a good leader too.

Ryan is playing regularly and I think today's match yeah locked him in it for sure. Langerack needs game time if he wants the number 1 spot.

Langerak isn't going to be taking over from Wiedenfeller (whose also the Dortmund captain) anytime soon.

in other news.

Epic freekick!

![](http://giant.gfycat.com/LightInnocentConch.gif?syndication=128817)

@Sataris said:
@Peaches said:
@Marshall_magic said:

Langerak isn't going to be taking over from Wiedenfeller (whose also the Dortmund captain) anytime soon.

in other news.

Epic freekick!

![](http://giant.gfycat.com/LightInnocentConch.gif?syndication=128817)

That can't be saved. It's why players sometimes go down near the box on the slightest of contact.

Mitch would have to be loaned out and it's something I think he needs to consider. He's been a number 2 for a fair while and Roman won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Members online

Back