2012-2013 Football (Sokkah) Thread

@happy tiger said:
And the ref get another penalty wrong Adrian gets all ball in a challenge and another penalty

To put the NRL prospective is like having Suttor refereeing by himself

Liverpool can't win a title so its seems they are going to buy one Absolutely dreadful

West Ham fans chant is perfect Referee 2 Referee 1

100% penalty, there is a photo that shows the keeper with both hands wrapping around the Liverpool's players legs, you can't do that. The Keeper got some of the ball but he got plenty of Flanno. All the commentators that usually hate Liverpool agree it was a penalty, they may hint he went down a bit easily but they don't disagree with the decision.

As someone that has watched Liverpool for over 30 years, next week will decide the title, win against City we will win the league.

Whatever happens this year has been amazing as the football played by Liverpool has been as good as I have seen. We have a top young manager and I believe this is the start of a great period for the club. Once we get back into the Champions League players will want to come, Liverpool has a great appeal and the football being played will increase their desire to join the reds.

@sunshine coast tiger said:
@happy tiger said:
And the ref get another penalty wrong Adrian gets all ball in a challenge and another penalty

To put the NRL prospective is like having Suttor refereeing by himself

Liverpool can't win a title so its seems they are going to buy one Absolutely dreadful

West Ham fans chant is perfect Referee 2 Referee 1

100% penalty, there is a photo that shows the keeper with both hands wrapping around the Liverpool's players legs, you can't do that. The Keeper got some of the ball but he got plenty of Flanno. All the commentators that usually hate Liverpool agree it was a penalty, they may hint he went down a bit easily but they don't disagree with the decision.

As someone that has watched Liverpool for over 30 years, next week will decide the title, win against City we will win the league.

Whatever happens this year has been amazing as the football played by Liverpool has been as good as I have seen. We have a top young manager and I believe this is the start of a great period for the club. Once we get back into the Champions League players will want to come, Liverpool has a great appeal and the football being played will increase their desire to join the reds.

And look what way Adrian is facing (with his eyes closed )

Draw next week and they both get overtaken for the title by Chelsea

I wouldnt be so sure, Chelsea (Got No History) FC have to play Liverpool at Anfield also before the season is over.

@Chris said:
I wouldnt be so sure, Chelsea (Got No History) FC have to play Liverpool at Anfield also before the season is over.

Chelsea will already have those 3 points pencilled in wouldn't they Chris

Going to be a cracking run in. I think City will take it though. Interesting thing is that on the final day City are playing at Goodison, Liverpool could win the title because City drop points to Everton which would be bizarre. Everton will probably have to win that game to claim a top 4 berth too, so it's going to be a big game for both teams. It's great that we have a lively final month after United ran away with it so comfortably last season.

@happy tiger said:
@Chris said:

Chelsea will already have those 3 points pencilled in wouldn't they Chris

The one time I will be happy to see Jose come out on top lol.

Did well without Thiago, Bastian , or Martinez in the centre of midfield

Kroos by himself was enough. Finally starting to fill out the potential everyone saw in him 5 years ago

and he's still only 24

@Chris said:
That deserves a kick in the nuts, Happy.

Yeah probably Chris :roll

To be honest I'm really looking forward to see who can hold it all together

Be nice Chris , you may need a massive favour in the last game with us playing Man City

Liverpool vs City tonight, I know it's stating the obvious, but whoever wins this game is in pole position to win the league. Both sides will still have one more big test afterwards (Liverpool host Chelsea although it is sandwiched between their two semi final legs against Athletico Madrid, whilst City still have a trip to Goodison where Everton have been unstoppable lately). Should be an absolutely cracking match though.

2-0 to Liverpool just after half time

IMO Liverpool win and the title is theirs

Happy provides kiss of death again
8 minutes later 2-2 :roll

Sorry Chris :eek:pen_mouth:

I nearly messed in my pants!

Bring on Chelsea (Got No History) FC!

@Chris said:
I nearly messed in my pants!

Bring on Chelsea (Got No History) FC!

At 2-2 or 3-2 Chris

Can't believe Kompany shocking attempt at clearance which lead to your 3rd goal

Almost an air swing by a world class player

Evens out the easy goal Skrtl gave them last year at Anfield ina game that we should have beat them.

Great game last night between Liverpool and City with the right side getting the win :slight_smile:

Either of those two sides deserve to win the title as they play football unlike some others.

The referee made a few mistakes, Luis should have got a penalty when Kompany tugged his shirt twice in the box and there should have been a penalty for handball against Martin. The errors evened themselves out and I think the better side won, their first half domination was amazing and they should have lead by more than 2 at the break.

Enjoyable game last night, Liverpool really have the momentum now, Chelsea is the only team who should give them troubles from here and that game is wedged between either leg of Chelsea's Champions League semi against Athletico (which will probably be their focus). You would imagine Newcastle, Norwich and Palace won't give them any real dramas.

@Marshall_magic said:
Enjoyable game last night, Liverpool really have the momentum now, Chelsea is the only team who should give them troubles from here and that game is wedged between either leg of Chelsea's Champions League semi against Athletico (which will probably be their focus). You would imagine Newcastle, Norwich and Palace won't give them any real dramas.

Never write off teams in a relegation battle

West Ham have beaten sides in the last round fighting for the title in the past while trying to remain up

Norwich have allowed less goals than Liverpool so they have a decent defence

Liverpool look a nervous side still , they were lucky to beat us the week before (Carroll's header an inch or two lower and its 2-2 )

Every week will be harder and Chelsea will have nothing to lose

@Marshall_magic said:
Just make sure your Hammers beat Arsenal. Also beating Spurs would also be good for us, but just beat Arsenal.

Sincerely,
An Everton fan

Sorry mate looks like we can't help you out

Well more to the point Stewart Downing can't help you out

3 turnovers three goals after we lead 1-0

Downing = Daniel Fitzhenry no one bar the coach can understand why he is there

And we have 2 more seasons of his crap

What Vaz Te has done to Allardyce I will never know

Bright point Nocerino , played real well tonight

We got Palace tomorrow morning at Goodison, should win and take back 4th, although Arsenal have the easier run home.

I haven no idea what anyone sees in Downing. Surely the Hammers have better options.

Back