2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings

@DieHarder said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1047995) said:
@Geo Weidler quote is “who knew what about them”... so even tho we all knew he was joining another club and Moses organised it, watch Greenpeace fine us for TPA cheating !

Non Affiliated TPA's are between Player and 3rd Party regardless of the Club they play for..

Wonder what Joe Wehbe thinks..

@Geo said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1048000) said:
@Geo Weidler quote is “who knew what about them”... so even tho we all knew he was joining another club and Moses organised it, watch Greenpeace fine us for TPA cheating !

Non Affiliated TPA's are between Player and 3rd Party regardless of the Club they play for..

He's not thinking he's still whispering.

@bathursttiger said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1048003) said:

Hahaha, that’s quality you two!

@Tiger_Steve said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1047954) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1047950) said:
CH9 just reported issues surrounding 3rd party deals on Tedesco's contract. Isaac Moses' name mentioned.

So he’s on 1.4m plus. There’s issues around 3rd party deals. Apparently NRL know nothing about this. No worries - it’s all above board apparently. I’m mad apparently for being a conspiracy theorist. Hmmm.

Huge debate on 360 tonight regarding Solomona’s running style and storm defence tactics. Nothing done by match review committee for either. Coaching tactics ruining the game but nothing to see. Meanwhile Garner gets suspended. But my conspiracy theory is crazy apparently. Well - prove me wrong!! The evidence is compelling- some teams get away with murder, we get away with nothing - game after game, year after year.
The only thing that is crazy is not believing the corruption and unwritten agendas in this great game. Current NRL management must be displaced. Change must occur. Maybe I should move to Hong Kong!!?

@tigerstprem2020 said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1047484) said:
Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying, lets finish this season off on a high note and put our focus on qualifying for finals footy. But going into 2020 we need to put our focus in young, exciting talents who know the club and can really steer us into the future. We need a team thats going to perform in the moment as well as building for the future which is why a mix of experience, young talents and young players who have good NRL experience. So here we go with my signings for next year:

1) Manase Fainu. With club legend Robbie Farah leaving the club it is a great opportunity to bring in Manase, who in my opinion is the most exciting young hooker in the competition. Let's be real, Jacob Liddle will never lead a club to finals footy let alone a premiership, he just isn't good enough nor will he ever be. He's a reserve grade footballer. I know Manase will be hard to pickup with Manly reportedly allowing Koroisau to move on for Fainu to become no. 1 but a big enough pay check and he will be ours.

2) Moses Suli. Moses Suli is one of the most promising young outside backs around who is known for his ability to run the ball strong and hard. In my opinion, letting Moses go is one of our biggest mistakes in recent history as he continues to develop into one of the games most terrifying centres and is still getting better. I know he had extreme disciplinary issues but the kid has generational talent to go along with his size and speed, there is no denying that. Not only this but he is Fainu's best mate and they'll want to stick together, which would be huge pull power to luring Manase in. Give them both long term, big money deals and our future is sorted with two of the most exciting prospects in the game who know the club.

3) Ryan Papenhuyzen. Obvious. Knows the club, knows those in and around the club and isn't in the starting 13 at his current club. SHOW HIM THE CASH and SECURE THE BAG. I know a lot of clubs will be looking at him but he is off contract at the end of next year and I have no doubt that he will want to return to the beloved Wests Tigers. If we are able to secure his services from 2021 and beat our rivals to his signature it will go along way to our future success. All great, successful clubs are built on a solid core who know what the club
is about which is why Fainu, Suli and Papenhuyzen would be ideal candidates.

4) Kurt Capewell. A quality, versatile player who is just what every club needs. His selection into the Origin squad for QLD pays great tribute to how good he is on footy field. He adds NRL Experience, quality in a number of positions and at 26 years of age still has time to grow and turn into the player we all know he is. Not only this but he is a true leader and with Robbie gone, Benji and Brooksy playing like shit and Josh Reynolds being shown the door, we need someone to step up and maybe that can be him.

5) Matt Burton. Was absolutely outstanding for Penrith the other night and with Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai, I believe he could find first grade footy extremely limited with Ivan favouring his son. He seems like a genuinely good bloke who will give his absolute all every time he steps out onto the field and I believe we should put the trust in him to pair either Brooksy or Benji in the halves with the other dropping into jersey number 14. Matt Burton is quality and suits the style of play we should try to build on at this club.

Thank you and let me know your thoughts. Honourable mentions who nearly made the list include: Taane Milne, Haumole Olakau'atu, Bevan French, T-Rex (Tony Williams), Jackson Ford, Nicho Hynes and Jai Field.

What a load of dribble.

@Tiger_Steve said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1048034) said:
@Tiger_Steve said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1047954) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1047950) said:
CH9 just reported issues surrounding 3rd party deals on Tedesco's contract. Isaac Moses' name mentioned.

So he’s on 1.4m plus. There’s issues around 3rd party deals. Apparently NRL know nothing about this. No worries - it’s all above board apparently. I’m mad apparently for being a conspiracy theorist. Hmmm.

Huge debate on 360 tonight regarding Solomona’s running style and storm defence tactics. Nothing done by match review committee for either. Coaching tactics ruining the game but nothing to see. Meanwhile Garner gets suspended. But my conspiracy theory is crazy apparently. Well - prove me wrong!! The evidence is compelling- some teams get away with murder, we get away with nothing - game after game, year after year.
The only thing that is crazy is not believing the corruption and unwritten agendas in this great game. Current NRL management must be displaced. Change must occur. Maybe I should move to Hong Kong!!?

Didn't Burghi get suspended for that last year from one of the teams that get away with murder..

And that my friends is why the TPA needs to be capped or taken away.. NO point having a salary cap if Clubs like Roosters can just give them money through TPA and have a smaller salary on the cap.. Pointless..
It blows my mind how this is still happening these days when NRL are ALL about a fairer competition and the reason for the salary cap.

@bathursttiger said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1048003) said:

If only I knew how to whisper .....I could be rich .....

@Tiger_Steve said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1048034) said:
Well - prove me wrong!! The evidence is compelling- some teams get away with murder, we get away with nothing - game after game, year after year.

Selective bias. You think other teams are getting away with murder. Other fans think different teams are getting away with murder.

Everyone points fingers at the rich clubs and thinks there must be favouritism, because it can be the only explanation for why they are doing well (not because they are... rich clubs!) The NRL doesn't need to protect Broncos, I don't understand why people keep thinking this. Broncos are doing just fine. Broncos have complained for decades that there is a pro-NSW bias.

I am not saying there is no corruption or cronyism anywhere - it's rugby league, of course there is. It's always been about who you know and what deals you can get done.

But a systematic agenda by the game's upper management? There's no legitimate evidence of it. Suspending one bloke and letting another off is a super-weak argument.

Don't mistake incompetence or poor PR or a difference of opinion for corruption.

@jirskyr said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1048087) said:
Well - prove me wrong!! The evidence is compelling- some teams get away with murder, we get away with nothing - game after game, year after year.

Selective bias. You think other teams are getting away with murder. Other fans think different teams are getting away with murder.

Everyone points fingers at the rich clubs and thinks there must be favouritism, because it can be the only explanation for why they are doing well (not because they are... rich clubs!) The NRL doesn't need to protect Broncos, I don't understand why people keep thinking this. Broncos are doing just fine. Broncos have complained for decades that there is a pro-NSW bias.

I am not saying there is no corruption or cronyism anywhere - it's rugby league, of course there is. It's always been about who you know and what deals you can get done.

But a systematic agenda by the game's upper management? There's no legitimate evidence of it. Suspending one bloke and letting another off is a super-weak argument.

Don't mistake incompetence or poor PR or a difference of opinion for corruption.

I accept your point of view but I believe favouritism exists because it is beneficial to the game and broadcasters for certain teams to be successful.
The examples I site in isolation are weak but if I had the time or made the effort I’m sure I could come up with a long list of evidence that supports my view. For example - I know that in both 2017 and 2018 broncos won three games each season due to unbelievable refereeing incompetence. I forget which games and won’t be going back in time to analyse, but it happened. Now, you might logically argue that this stuff happens to all teams but I honestly can’t think of any situations where clubs like broncos or storm lost games due to poor refereeing. They just seem to always be on the favourable side of the ledger.
Mate I’m passionate, biased and over emotional when it comes to the Tigers. But I’m also able to analyse, theorise and logically form an argument. Having done this I firmly believe I am right. To what level, I don’t know.

I bet there are no NRL teams that think we get shown favouritism. Why is that?

@jirskyr Not bold at all if you've seen him play according to some very good rugby league judges in Dubbo.

@Tiger_Steve said in [2020 and 2021 incomings and outgoings](/post/1048096) said:

I accept your point of view but I believe favouritism exists because it is beneficial to the game and broadcasters for certain teams to be successful.
The examples I site in isolation are weak but if I had the time or made the effort I’m sure I could come up with a long list of evidence that supports my view. For example - I know that in both 2017 and 2018 broncos won three games each season due to unbelievable refereeing incompetence. I forget which games and won’t be going back in time to analyse, but it happened. Now, you might logically argue that this stuff happens to all teams but I honestly can’t think of any situations where clubs like broncos or storm lost games due to poor refereeing. They just seem to always be on the favourable side of the ledger.
Mate I’m passionate, biased and over emotional when it comes to the Tigers. But I’m also able to analyse, theorise and logically form an argument. Having done this I firmly believe I am right. To what level, I don’t know.

Very true Steve, not to mention all the Friday games with a 7 day turn around for the bronco's most weeks

Steve footballers in the modern day lack a footy brain

If NAS ran at say a Benny Elias or a Wally Lewis and the forearm even got within a bulls roar of their head or throat you would see an Academy Award performance while not moving

Is Melbourne even started a wrestle against the above spoken ....you'd hear it from sidelines with their screaming at refs , touchies ....

If that didn't work at the next break in play they'd be in the refs ear again .....at HT the same

As you came back on they'd tell the ref if it didn't improve ...you get the picture

That is how you get it done

Members online

Back