2023 Forum Updates and Issues

I'm pleased to share this screenshot of the server load over the past week.

It shows that the effort put into the forum hardware and software update over Christmas has paid dividends.

View attachment 354

This graph shows server load over the last 7 days.
When the number gets above 2.0, then things will begin to slow down. The greater the load is beyond 2.0, the more unresponsive the site becomes and it's exponential.

As you can see the load never really challenged our new server, generally peaking at around 0.6

I am very pleased to see this result as it validates the effort put into migrating to new software and hardware.

I hope you've all seen and experienced the benefits of the recent big update. There are some missing features that you've asked for that I'm working on, please stand by on those.
Any updates on the missing features Kul?

It seems like there is a major system glitch in the WTF,
Members PM's are being displayed on the main page under the latest profile posts.

(Text has been omitted for member protection of privacy)
IMG_20220527_132614.jpg

It seems like there is a major system glitch in the WTF,
Members PM's are being displayed on the main page under the latest profile posts.

(Text has been omitted for member protection of privacy)
View attachment 1219
I have a feeling I’ll be seeing you on a current affair in the future after loosing your life savings helping a wrongfully disposed Zimbabwean Prince.

Is it just me or has anyone elae noticed the download/upload speed performance of the forum seems slower than when it came back online after the last big update?

Welcome to the big update for 2022.

A lot of work, planning and money has gone into this update, but it will be worth it!

I know that there's been a bit of change lately, but this update and the effort that's been put in has been made entirely in response to your feedback.
Now everything will work as you expect it to!

First of all, here are the things that need to be said:
  1. Posts, Threads and accounts have all been upgraded. But if you haven't logged into the forum within the last three months, your password has been reset. If this is you, then please use the "reset my password" link. Most avatars have been upgraded but some failed; if this was you, I'm sorry.
  2. Private Messages has been completely overhauled, so unfortunately any existing messages were left behind.
  3. Some historic posts and quotes had some issues during the upgrade. I've tried to manually clean these up where I could.

In the coming days you'll also see some people promoted to a Forum Leaders group. This group's purpose is to support, inform and, when required, challenge the moderators in a collaborative way, and its in direct response to the feedback received from you all over the last 12 months.

Most of all, you should already see that this update is significantly faster and better.

This is because it's on brand new server infrastructure, using the latest forum software and the result of months of hard work in the background.
Please enjoy it :)

and go those mighty Wests Tigers!
Thank you to everyone involved. Can't wait till our on-field fortunes turn around and we get lots of positive posts.

Site down overnight.
Most of you know that the forum was down overnight.
Kul has put a banner at the top of the screen explaining and apologizing for the downtime.
Several including myself can't see the banner and I can only assume it's because we are either using a mobile phone or a browser that's not showing the content.
I'm sorry you missed out on some forum activity....I had to go outside for a change...it was scary 😁

The forum has been down mate, I suspect it was a software update.
I can't get onto kul however it's about this time of night when he looks at the forum and I he will most likely give everyone a forum update.
I was actually worried that WTF Headquarters had been hacked.

This is a top forum and I appreciate the opportunity to contribute. Never been dealt with too harshly or unfairly by admin etc. Understood deletions when I’ve just gone too far. “ fair enough” I’ve said to myself and moved on.

Some people flip and get disturbed. They should chill a bit and nothing can be done anyways. Anyone can start their own site if they are prepared to go mad!!

I hope the admin, owners and staff are enjoying their work and getting something for their efforts. I doubt it’s enough though.

Each one of us should defend and appreciate our forum, no matter our squabbles.

Click on adds and support our sponsors.

Last edited:

This is a top forum and I appreciate the opportunity to contribute. Never been dealt with too harshly or unfairly by admin etc. Understood deletions when I’ve just gone too far. “ fair enough” I’ve said to myself and moved on.

Some people flip and get disturbed. They should chill a bit and nothing can be done anyways. Anyone can start their own site if they are prepared to go mad!!

I hope the admin, owners and staff are enjoying their work and getting something for their efforts. I doubt it’s enough though.

Nice comments TSP, you don't get anything for being a staff member, we just do it to help people 👍

Nice comments TSP, you don't get anything for being a staff member, we just do it to help people 👍

I have always supported Kul and every moderator that has appeared on here,it is a thankless job and allows all club supporters to both discuss and debate anything to do with the club.Naturally we will never all agree on any issue but that is the way forums and society is,there have been many times i have had to curb my comments about every subject but that is part of being in a well run forum as compared to the dregs like Dogs Pawwa or Souffs.
Hopefully it will never change

Hope Steve knows we're back online.
Took a glance at the LU forum and noticed he posted his concerns, in a couple of threads. See someone blamed @Demps for killing the WTF 😂

Hope Steve knows we're back online.
Took a glance at the LU forum and noticed he posted his concerns, in a couple of threads. See someone blamed @Demps for killing the WTF 😂
Yes checked in this morning relieved all are back got a bit of catch up reading to do
By the way any new signings ?of course not but where there's life there's hope . Love Tim getting bold re Munster

Back