LIVE GAME 2022 Grand Final Live Game Discussion

Live Game Discussion
Enjoyed the panthers win (mostly coz I just couldn’t stand it if eels had won). Noticed that forwards for eels, in particular RCG, Lane, paulo, were very quiet. Didn’t have the sort of impact that they have had and didn’t allow moses and brown any room - so as both are raging flat track bullies, they were almost invisible for most of the game. Panthers on the other hand were relentless in D. Driving them back and dominating every ruck.
Another point: Nathan Brown is not the player he once was
Agree pretty much with what you are saying.

Paulo and Lane in particular made huge impacts for the slimy worms in recent times but were kept very quiet last night.

RCG is just a flat track bully and even when we played the Slimys our powder puffs had his measure and put him on his arse every time he got the ball.

Can't stand the guy and hope he wakes up to find his HQ holden is nothing but a pile of rust in his driveway.
(actually fairly standard for HQ Holdens and others of that vintage)

Wouldn't lose any sleep if we gave Nathan Brown a miss unless it's on a very cheap deal because he's been pretty ineffective for a long while now even though he still looks as angry as ever which would probably be enough to scare most of our guys and cause them to have nightmares.

A big yes to big Klem if we could some how get him.

How's Luai?

Looked like he was stomping on Papaliis hand or lashing out with the knee...

Guys a grub.
Commentators didn't even mention it when it was blatant as.
The Riff players get away with so much grubby stuff it's not funny
Unfortunately when ur a strong team that turns up every week u can get away with that sort of stuff

Garner is a really smart pickup by them

Parra looked like they were just happy to be there … overawed by the occasion for sure. As for Penrith, you’re probably witnessing the best side of all time

I tipped Penrith to win but I definitely expected a contest … not game over by half time

Was at the game last night - the rest of the family support the Panthers. Parra were gone a long way out. Actually, started to feel a bit sorry for the Parramatta supporters. They have waited a long time for success.
Screw em. I'm gonna give any Eels supporters I know so much shit today. Make up for the pity looks whenever we get pumped

Sad thing is we are in a position geographically to be like Penrith and achieve near what they're achieving... It's just out people in charge just Dont seem to have a frigging clue
It may be that they just have other priorities?

Was at the game last night - the rest of the family support the Panthers. Parra were gone a long way out. Actually, started to feel a bit sorry for the Parramatta supporters. They have waited a long time for success.
I thought Freddy Mercury would have ripped in harder. Eels appeared overwhelmed by the ferocity of the Penrith defence.

It was a really dominant game from Penrith, didn't feel like a GF. I think I would have preferred Penrith v Cowboys tbh but any way glad to see eels just capitulate and gutho really frustrated lol sorry for their fans I guess but ah well.
How could you be sorry for a Parra-site fan.

Was invited to my niece's place for the Grand Final but politely declined.

Her husband is a mad Parra-site fan and I just couldn't go in case they won because I would not be able to stand the gloating as much as I wouldn't be able to take the crying and gnashing of teeth that would have occurred at the end of it all.

I love my Niece dearly and I know I would have not been able to help myself and would have said some things that would not have been too good for family harmony and for that reason I am very pleased that I did not go.

Bad luck Parra and hope you have to wait another 36 years to get a shot at it and hopefully fail once again.

The Riff players get away with so much grubby stuff it's not funny
Unfortunately when ur a strong team that turns up every week u can get away with that sort of stuff

Garner is a really smart pickup by them
I expect we will watch Garner next year and add him to the lament thread. Can't understand why he was let go unless he wanted out.

Penrith were clinical and every player knows their role. Game over once 3rd try was scored.

Even though they are losing two star players they will fill their void with players like Garner, Kenny, Soni, etc. Penrith have depth WT can only dream of.

Penrith could make it back to back to back if they can still find the drive and motivation for 2023.

I feel happy for a player like Scott Sorenson who was cut from Sharks then picked up by Penrith and now won two Grand Final Rings and a Grand Final try. One for the journeyman who plays to 100% of their ability.

Penrith won easy but watching it live it looked like they got the rub of the green but not enough to have altered the result . Klein is still one of the poorest ref's in my opinion .Cant forgive him for his involvement after the game when we were robbed in Townsville .Sitting with a couple of Cows fans down to watch GF .They said it left a bad taste and felt embarrassed and said shouldn't have been allowed

......... I feel happy for a player like Scott Sorenson who was cut from Sharks then picked up by Penrith and now won two Grand Final Rings and a Grand Final try. One for the journeyman who plays to 100% of their ability.
Luke Garner maybe a show to follow this.

Luke Garner maybe a show to follow this.

Even though Luke Garner is no Superstar I still can not believe we let him go given the lack of second row depth in the club.

Garner does run some good lines so having Cleary and Co put you into space will improve his career. He just needs to improve his defence and maybe add some kilos to his frame.

Even though Luke Garner is no Superstar I still can not believe we let him go given the lack of second row depth in the club.

Garner does run some good lines so having Cleary and Co put you into space will improve his career. He just needs to improve his defence and maybe add some kilos to his frame.
He'll be impressive at the Panthers eh.
They said Sorenson is probably the starting replacement for Kikau.

Garner could fill the role.
Different type of backrower to Kikz.
More smarts than strength.

He was one of the few who could make a dominant tackle in our squad. He will get alot more support in defence at Penrith.

Back