2022 RLWC

That's very surprising. Not that Hastings is that good but generally speaking anyone who plays in the NRL has usually been an automatic selection for England.
He's still not long of a busted leg....
Big ask on that alone.

Super excited for the World Cup as it won’t just be an aus fest, good on the panthers boys boosting Samoa.

Samoa has a clear edge over Tonga this time round.

Tonga doesn't have even an NRL standard 1,6,7 or 9?

Surprised that there aren't any Penrith guys in the Tonga squad, seems like most of the Penrith boys are from Samoa and NZ..

It will be Aus vs NZ Final if the pooling allows it. Samoa and England to be in the Semis
I don't think they can meet in the final. NZ v Aus one prelim and Samoa v Eng/Tonga the other.

NZ, Samoa and Aus would have to be the 3 faves, then England and Tonga next row down. Interested to see how the French go this year, definitely an improved side on the last World Cup.

That's very surprising. Not that Hastings is that good but generally speaking anyone who plays in the NRL has usually been an automatic selection for England.
Imo must be medical reasons. Good for us but sorry for Jacko, he was trying extra hard for a minor fitness miracle.
Save it up for 23 JH !!!

I love Meninga’s unbiased take on the Australian team.
some players kept (like DCE) over Cleary because “he’s the incumbent” but passes on Cook (who’s the incumbent) as well as Api who is the Dally M hooker of the year… because “ we felt the Queensland hookers were best placed to be in the squad."
lol
I thought Api was going to play for Fiji.

Rua Ngatikauru named for Cook Islands World Cup Squad according to NBWT Twitter.

Mixed feelings about his selection. Good for him to get proper game experience at an international level. However, as he is coming off of a serious injury and also entering our Top 30 next year, a big pre-season would have been handy with us.

Api Koroisau (Fiji)
Isaiah Papali’i (NZ)
Adam Doueihi (Lebanon)
Rua Ngatikaura (Cook Islands)

The WT ‘23 top 30 contracted players heading to the RLWC.

🔥🔥
How well Api has Fiji playing will be a good indication of whether he has much hope of turning us around, i.e whether he goes as good in a poorer team. In previous world cups Fiji have usually made the semi finals, but this year without Api I would have had them behind at least 5 other countries.

Just having a look at the various W.C Squads and intrigued to see Nathan Brown and Cooper Johns playing for Italy.
Does anyone have info pertaining to their heritage ?

Back