2022 RLWC

At the end of the day, the superior defensive structures of Australia won this WC title. Our attack was indifferent and clunky at times in most games due to three years of inactivity and lots of new combinations. 286 points scored in 6 games and only 42 against.
I thought Samoa's defence was aweful considering that every squad member plays NRL.
Australia is still by far the superior nation despite us barely striking a blow since the 2017 WC.
If we are serious about the International game, then many more games must be played. Those who chose to rep the smaller nations, must commit and work hard to improve them. No more Origin, no more guest appearances for the Kangaroos or Kiwis...youve made your decision, stand by it and maybe Australia will have to break a sweat in 2024.

I felt Tedesco over played his hand too much. Seemed to focus on himself scoring tries rather being the link. Cleary kicked us out of trouble so many times. Martin and Yeo where the only forwards to go forward for much of the first half. Ok enough love for the Penrith blokes. I really enjoyed the tournament.

Score wasn’t really an accurate reflection of the game IMO. Thought it was a bit of a dick move going for a 40/20 with 90 seconds left but that’s footy I guess. Samoa didn’t have a great deal of luck but those right to left shifts weren’t good enough, nor was their kicking game.

Score wasn’t really an accurate reflection of the game IMO. Thought it was a bit of a dick move going for a 40/20 with 90 seconds left but that’s footy I guess. Samoa didn’t have a great deal of luck but those right to left shifts weren’t good enough, nor was their kicking game.
Sums up the Tigers fans with acceptance of mediocrity for the last decade, no killer attitude at all. I want my team to be throwing up at the 80 min mark even if they are up by 20. Sad

Aussies too good.... Never really in doubt
Teddy had a big game.... I kept nodding off 2nd half, who got MOTM?
Where does Teddy rank in the all time best fullback list? His fitness is insane he's always sniffing around the ruck. Tedesco was MOTOM I am pretty sure.

Where does Teddy rank in the all time best fullback list? His fitness is insane he's always sniffing around the ruck. Tedesco was MOTOM I am pretty sure.

Teddy is a great fullback, among others of his generation; eg Slater,
BUT when the old chestnut comes out, and there's a question at to the "best ever?" - then the discussion really opens up.

Going back in time (and you'd have to to be respectful to the game's great past), there's Howard Hallett, Keith Barnes, Ken Thornett, Les Johns, Anthony Minichiello, Graeme Eadie, Clive Churchill, Brett Stewart, Darren Lockyer, Greg Inglis, Brett Mullins, Tim Brasher, Matthew Ridge, Gary Belcher, Billy Slater, and others (depending on personal preference) - before Teddy comes into the picture.

You can sink a few coldies considering the options.

A bit like comparing teams from different eras - each were the best at the time - and time is always bringing new champions to the fore.

Yeah he played well. Tedesco was in everything though, beautiful try saving cover tackles and scored twice.
Teddy alone is worth the entry price !
I felt Tedesco over played his hand too much. Seemed to focus on himself scoring tries rather being the link. Cleary kicked us out of trouble so many times. Martin and Yeo where the only forwards to go forward for much of the first half. Ok enough love for the Penrith blokes. I really enjoyed the tournament.
Serious ? He is a massive team player, takes the hard runs, to relieve the pressure. He sets up more tries for others, then most i've seen. Makes more line breaks, has beautifull hands, puts his body on the line in every tackle. We struggle if he did not have that imput.

I sort of agree with the post earlier that Ted overplays his hand at times.
He is not a natural runner and ballplayer ala Lockyer, Minichello, Slater etc...this causes his outside men to struggle to position themselves for him. He is a wonderful brokenfield runner and is strong as an ox but his team play isnt high level. Many times today Wighton and Holmes looked frustrated that the ball rarely gets past him.
It sounds weird to say, considering his MOM performance but had someone like Slater been at the back today, the score could have really opened up. We had them on the edges a lot of times and the ball just didnt get there.

Teddy is a great fullback, among others of his generation; eg Slater,
BUT when the old chestnut comes out, and there's a question at to the "best ever?" - then the discussion really opens up.

Going back in time (and you'd have to to be respectful to the game's great past), there's Howard Hallett, Keith Barnes, Ken Thornett, Les Johns, Anthony Minichiello, Graeme Eadie, Clive Churchill, Brett Stewart, Darren Lockyer, Greg Inglis, Brett Mullins, Tim Brasher, Matthew Ridge, Gary Belcher, Billy Slater, and others (depending on personal preference) - before Teddy comes into the picture.

You can sink a few coldies considering the options.

A bit like comparing teams from different eras - each were the best at the time - and time is always bringing new champions to the fore.
tim brasher has to be right up there given he played in some very average balmain teams.
Teddy better than belcher and Ridge minichello I reckon

Teddy alone is worth the entry price !

Serious ? He is a massive team player, takes the hard runs, to relieve the pressure. He sets up more tries for others, then most i've seen. Makes more line breaks, has beautifull hands, puts his body on the line in every tackle. We struggle if he did not have that imput.
A few moments in the game he could have passed on his outside and didn’t. I agree with everything you said about Teddy but I felt he was trying to do too much and at times looked to have a little white line fever. I think this world cup become a little bit personal for him. Just my observation of the game

A few moments in the game he could have passed on his outside and didn’t. I agree with everything you said about Teddy but I felt he was trying to do too much and at times looked to have a little white line fever. I think this world cup become a little bit personal for him. Just my observation of the game
Love the guy but there are those few moments in most of his games where he forgets about his support until he’s absolutely sure he can’t do any more.( I would say he’s been doing that since U7s).
Imagine it could be somewhat frustrating for those around him.
But deserved MOTM, Kangaroos, NSW and Roosters captain so who am I to judge.
I know I would love to see he and Moses
“ come home” to WT for one last hurrah !

Back