2023 Expectations

No they did not but i am sure the Sheens fan boys will run with your version

You can't tell them....
Said at the time, Sheens will step off the plane and get the credit for the signings.
Sheens was barely in the country when they were announced.
Which is usually a couple weeks after they've signed...
They usually sign after negotiations and agreements are reached
- That process alone can take months....

This narrative seems to follow the thought that Sheens got off a plane and went straight to the Management of Api and Papi - Negotiated and signed them... Then held a presso to announce it...
It's ridiculous....

Everyone seems to forget both players had history of being coached by Madge - To suggest he had nothing to do with signing them is Idiocracy at best.

I hope that is not true. Head Coach is one of the most stressful and high demanding positions I can think of. If he is doing it only because "there is no one else" or "he was reluctantly talked in to it", there will be some massive problems.

Assuming the rumours pan out, the realistic ones, not the hopeful dart throws, and we get Klemmer, Luini and swap Staines for Peachey, I can see us giving the 8 a crack. I think we make more metres with an almost new pack and I think Laurie moves into 5/8, with Doeuhi moving to the centres and doing a great job there. I guess we see who resigns and who doesn't. If someone is not staying beyond '23 it won't matter if they get their nose out of joint by not playing their preferred position. If these three don't come, or the equivalent of, we finish around 12th. There's a few teams that will struggle next year...Manly, Dolphins, St George, Warriors, Knights

Expecting 16th. Finishing ahead of Manly. If we can offload Brooks, and Hastings plays halfback I reckon that could be 12th

Expecting 16th. Finishing ahead of Manly. If we can offload Brooks, and Hastings plays halfback I reckon that could be 12th
Manly will have Turbo back. They're gonna be right back in the Top 8 mix.

Knights, Titans, Warriors, Dragons on the other hand...

2023 seems to be about the bolstering of the forwards - Api, Papali'i and possibly a Klemmer, Bateman and/or Leniu.
2024 would likely see a targeting of the backs, a centre, half and/ fullback option (a Brown, Moses., Tedesco type). Along with more juniors becoming entrenched.
2025 I think we start to see a squad that is much stronger across the board. Genuine Top 6 chance.
2026 I think is the year, all things being equal, where it is possible we can be a real contender.

It never plays out as such, but I'd like to think this is something close to the mark.

Didn't we sack Madge because he'd been here 4 years and made us worse each year of his tenure. Plus our footy under him was pure crap
I thought the reason given was because the team didn’t make the playoffs? But the sacking followed Benji and Robbie”s discussion with the board.
It all sounds too crazy, but it could work? Benji said he can’t teach NRL players how to play footy, but he can be a “man manager”. Whatever that means?

I thought the reason given was because the team didn’t make the playoffs? But the sacking followed Benji and Robbie”s discussion with the board.
It all sounds too crazy, but it could work? Benji said he can’t teach NRL players how to play footy, but he can be a “man manager”. Whatever that means?
I think it was something he learnt off Alan Sugar on Celebrity Apprentice. Just hope he doesn't go to training and tell players "you're fired" if they stuff up.
We've got enough personnel issues as it is !

2023 expectations:unsure:

Remembering the Sheenius coaching, id expect Api to be playing lock, Papi to be the left centre, 2 props sitting on the bench that don't get on the field all game as we continually get dominated and Fitzhenry recalled to the 14 by Round 12 after zero wins for the season. My expectations are high.

I hope that is not true. Head Coach is one of the most stressful and high demanding positions I can think of. If he is doing it only because "there is no one else" or "he was reluctantly talked in to it", there will be some massive problems.
I'm sure Time Sheens will give the job 100% no matter why he took the position

I
2023 expectations:unsure:

Remembering the Sheenius coaching, id expect Api to be playing lock, Papi to be the left centre, 2 props sitting on the bench that don't get on the field all game as we continually get dominated and Fitzhenry recalled to the 14 by Round 12 after zero wins for the season. My expectations are high.
Personally I don’t care what positions they play as long as they deliver results.

Personally I don’t care what positions they play as long as they deliver results.

This is the way I view the team now including the coaching staff. Results are all that matters.

I want players who are consistently good, who don't cost too much, don't do stupid stuff outside of footy and most importantly win us games.

Latest posts

Back