2023 Expectations

I canā€™t keep up with the changes either!

Even with the instant communications of the forum these days, Iā€™d be surprised if anything anyone posted wasnt out of date before we hit ā€œpost replyā€

But we shouldnā€™t lose any sleep over it, whatā€™s done is done.

Iā€™m surprised we needed another review so soon.

Perhaps it was a review of a half year review, reviewing the previous pre season review of the end of last season review!

At times we seem like we more into reviews than actually getting anything done in the first place.

And in our case, the more we review, the less productive they become and on that basis, we might want to ditch the reviews.

While I canā€™t commend Tim for anything heā€™s done since he got back ( except refrain from suing us), I would be disappointed if heā€™s only to have one season, because I rate him as a much better coach than GTA is or ever will be.

Even if itā€™s just finding his way to the mouth guard trolley, heā€™s had the experience with the bonus, heā€™s inclined to keep his kit on.
Not to worry Lee said he is taking stock of the situation
I took a little break from the WTF and now I'm confused about WTF ( the other meaning ) is going on .Sheens in UK Musgrove to dragons don't know what's happening ?

Not to worry Lee said he is taking stock of the situation
I took a little break from the WTF and now I'm confused about WTF ( the other meaning ) is going on .Sheens in UK Musgrove to dragons don't know what's happening ?
23F893FD-7DD5-4522-8544-23FDE5E21D51.jpeg
This is the state of play at WT these days.

GTA practicing his half time speech.

Very deep, profound and of certain inspirational value.

No more Metallica.

Songs of love instead.

So moving, lump to the throat stuff.

Last edited:
Dolphins already have a better roster than usšŸ¤”
The reserve grade halfback passes it to the cowboys bench utility heā€™s away! Milford in support Milford decides to king hit someone in fortitude valley, bench utility puts in a kick annnnd isaako drops it.

Canā€™t wait for the mighty fins bring on 23

• Haha
Reactions: PJ_
The reserve grade halfback passes it to the cowboys bench utility heā€™s away! Milford in support Milford decides to king hit someone in fortitude valley, bench utility puts in a kick annnnd isaako drops it.

Canā€™t wait for the mighty fins bring on 23
Milford>Brooks

People have forgotten just how terrible the last few years of Sheenius was.

I remember it well. In my opinion Madge never had us at those levels and this isn't a compliment to Sheens. He did win us a premiership and had our team a threat as well. Madge didn't have the highs that Sheen had. With Madge we were always pushing to top 12 position which isn't good either.

Last edited:
He had no recent track record in 03 either.

Just like Stuart was pathetic over many years before coming good at Canberra again so I hope with Sheens.

Unless the club can attract some forwards, youā€™d be silly to point your arrows at a coach.
You may well be correct but my point was, irrespective of desired signings or not, there is no real point in talking about what happened in the past, itā€™s only the future that really matters.

Benji already has relationships with the younger players (in junior reps) that will be part of his group as an assistant coach and then as a head coach.ā€ Head of Pathways Matt Betsey.

Sheens was at a session with the junior coaching staff to outline what the expectations are and what the style of play he is expecting for at NRL elite level, but how we drive that through the whole club,ā€ Betsey on Sheensā€™ club-wide mandate.

ā€˜Itā€™s understood Marshall even met with the managers of the clubā€™s rising talent to get guarantees they would commit to the Tigers long-term.ā€™ ā€œā€¦we have worked hard to lock them in for the next couple of seasons.ā€ - Betsey.

Sheens has the next 3 years planned out in regards to who will be coming into the first grade team. Believes we have the best group of 17 year olds he has ever seen in his time in rugby league. Emphasised that doesnā€™t mean the club is going to wait 3 years for success.

Even our playing style is going to be completely centred around attack Sheens ā€˜the fans wonā€™t know what they are watching compared to the last few yearsā€™.

Sheens mentioned he has been blown away by the difference in resources available to him and the club since his last coaching spell at WT. Highlighted how the club can now have home grounds picked for home field advantage and not just for financial gain.

RE focus on local juniors entering the system, Sheens said ā€˜if theyā€™re good enough, theyā€™re old enoughā€™. Mentioned a conversation he had with Isaiah Papaliā€™i around this topic and that Papaliā€™i flagged how he debuted at 18.

Unless the club can attract some forwards, youā€™d be silly to point your arrows at a coach.
Agree in order of priority 1 . A decent Pack 2. Fast creative half's and backs
Then 3. A decent coach who has 2 qualities that being able to attract talent to the club and can fire up the players to give 100% for 80 mins . Game day tactics are covered by the assistant coaches
No decent go forward pack then the rest don't have "buckleys"

Of course it does and thatā€™s why we study it but Sheens has already alluded to the fact that the club is now very different to when he was here before. Plus he is probably different as well and has learnt new things to go with his previous skills.
As I have repeatedly stated on this forum, now only time will tell, so Iā€™m just prepared to see what happens next year and then go from there.
Others may be proven correct but then again so may I.šŸ‘šŸ»

Latest posts

Back