11 Papalii
12 New Recruit
13 Hastings

14 New Recruit
15 Blore
16 Offa
17 Pole or Rua

Musgrove, Rua or Blore, New recruit, Sayfarth,

surely with all our money saved up and things taking a turn south at Manly, Newcastle and Brisbane, we can make a really strong push for a couple of mongrel forwards.

Cause it isn't a new style, hastings did basically the same thing yeo or radly do,He was just organising the team aswell
A ball playing 13 getting the ball at first receiver to give the halves more space is something alot of clubs do at the moment

Looking at the game at a basic level, it’s not too hard. The platform to build a winning NRL game starts in the middle. From the kick off, if you allow the opposition to roll up 60-70 metres, they kick on the fifth, you take it and are still inside your 30 or 40 on your last tackle, then already you’re playing the game in your own half. For the most part with us it just kept getting worse with the opposition dominating field position putting in attacking kicks while we tried to kick it out of our own 30.
Add a few other issues - such as no line speed, no grunt in our D, poor ruck D and marker D, dropped balls, errors in the ptb, six agains, etc. There you have it…. How to lose a game of Rugby League!!
Pretty basic really. And that’s before your halves or backs even get a chance to do something with the ball.
The few times we showed up for the fight we stayed in that battle for a large part of the game but often just wore ourselves out, or had costly injuries, or sin bins, or poor bench rotation, or just poor bench!
So, it all starts in the middle and you build the game from there - if you’re not at least in the arm wrestle you generally have no hope unless the opposition self destructs.

Last edited:
Think the forward pack is pretty simple...

8. Joffa
9. API
10. Pole/ stefano
11. Blore
12. Papalii
13. Hastings

15. Stef and pole rotate and 14. twal and joffa also do so. Not sure who starts between all of them. Combine runners with workers.

This is a much better pack than this year. All of these players are good defenders with decent speed for forwards.

Our pack this year was slow and weak and poor tacklers.

Hastings really improved us defensively when he came in. His line speed and ability to slow the play the ball helped. Surprising given he's not big.

Garner, Tuilagi, seyfart, Musgrove, tamou we're all weak and passive defenders. Lots of softness around the ruck and always grabbing, not able to hold and stop. And no intimidation on the edges. Complete opposite from next year's pack.

We will lack go forward I think, although our props have all looked good in hitups when we have momentum. But I don't see us getting dominated physically and conceding big metres in the way we did at the end of this season.

For me, it's..

8 Stef
9 Api
10 Joffa
11 Papalli
12 Blore
13 Hastings

14 Famanu Brown
15 Twal
16 Pole
17 Seyfarth

Pending any new signings.
I'm hoping Kautoga is a smoky also.

For me, it's..

8 Stef
9 Api
10 Joffa
11 Papalli
12 Blore
13 Hastings

14 Famanu Brown
15 Twal
16 Pole
17 Seyfarth

Pending any new signings.
I'm hoping Kautoga is a smoky also.
I reckon we will have two additions before season 2023. Would love to see Kautoga as a regular and Matamua get more time.

Zero need to start Pole next season.
Start with Joe & Stef
Twal/Pole bench with Musgrove as depth.
That gives both Pole and Stef an experienced prop with them.

Joe plays 65-70mins at prop as well so enables us to have a more impactful bench run for Stef/Pole to have bursts.

Twal might be odd man out though.
He needs minutes just don’t see how if Joe starts.

Forwards top shelf we've got
Steph ,Api ,Papalii , Joe that's 4
Plus Blore (unknown ) Nubrown (bench)
Plus borderline forwards Twal Musgrove
At best we are 2 top shelf forwards short
Must recruit
I think Jacko a good half
I don't want all these lightweight cup forwards who got run over this year

It is very scary when people (including myself) are putting in Blore as a starter,he has barely played since he arrived and is basically only getting picked on potential and sitting N.Brown on his rear.We need to improve massively to be a respected pack let alone a good one

It is very scary when people (including myself) are putting in Blore as a starter,he has barely played since he arrived and is basically only getting picked on potential and sitting N.Brown on his rear.We need to improve massively to be a respected pack let alone a good one
That's how bare the cabinet is at the moment eh

Our pack, whatever way you look at it needs size and grunt. A bloke (or two) that can disrupt the defence and stop someone in their tracks. Once we have this, our pack starts to look like it might do something.

Back