LIVE GAME 2023 Grand Final discussion

Live Game Discussion
how bored must panthers fans be at this point. Oh wow another premiership. Big deal.

At least they tried to make it interesting by giving the donkeys a huge head start. Yawn. Wake me up when you have something new to show Penrith.

Glad I went to see a Grand Final for the ages. Ezra Mam brilliant ,shows what having a classy 5/8 can do .Wish we had one . Cleary was a bit ordinary in the first half but turned into a magician for the last 20mins . Seemed like the crowd for 60/40 favouring the Broncos . This game will go down as one of the greatest GF's ever.
The one thing our beloved Tigers need to get to this level is ability to sustain high speed and impact . The top teams don't carry passengers

Should be only a matter of time before he clicks in a SOO series. Club footy wise he has surpassed those names already. Cleary still has a good 8 more seasons in the tank.
He'd bloody better do! I'm tired of seeing of seeing this "superstar" heroically lead Penrith to win after win while he went missing in Origin games exactly at the times when we needed the kind of thing he does for Penrith all the time.

Some will disagree but IMO he's much more passionate about Penrith than NSW, and that's been the difference.

Remember when Noyce said WE would be the . Man U of the NRL?
I guess what Penrith doing now is what he had in mind
Problem was, no one understood what we did in 05 and that’s why it was never replicated.
Remember when we came out and tried to be big dicks against the Dogs in early 06 and they belted 10 shades out of us? What a wake up call that was 🤣

Reactions: 851
Yeah it must really suck being a winner

So boring.

I guess be better extend the trophy cabinet…again. Yawn.

Give me a hadgo SEN segment any day.

I bet Penrith even use relevant images on their Anzac jerseys lol. Losers. Life’s too short to not watch your team from demountables on a 6 part fox sports series.

Small club. Cant even afford more than one home ground. Pathetic. Perth panthers in 5 years, mark my words.

It was the best game I have seen in years. I had major doubts that Penrith would even score again when down 24 - 8. But then Nathan stood up and did things which only greats do, flipped the game Penriths way. Outstanding.

Honourable mention to the Ref, he kept the game flowing which made it even more enjoyable.
Great game. NRL should take note, that’s the outcome when refs aren’t the star of the game.

how bored must panthers fans be at this point. Oh wow another premiership. Big deal.

At least they tried to make it interesting by giving the donkeys a huge head start. Yawn. Wake me up when you have something new to show Penrith.
I’d love to be that bored with my team! lol.

Imagine how bored the fans of other clubs were when St George won 11 in a row. 11 in a row!! Imagine that! Anyone on here old enough to remember those days and how they felt? I was born smack bang in the middle of that run, so don’t really remember much.

He'd bloody better do! I'm tired of seeing of seeing this "superstar" heroically lead Penrith to win after win while he went missing in Origin games exactly at the times when we needed the kind of thing he does for Penrith all the time.

Some will disagree but IMO he's much more passionate about Penrith than NSW, and that's been the difference.
I would hope any player would be more passionate about his team, who he plays a whole season with than a 3 game SOO farce once a year.

First half was the most boring GF since 86. Like watching grass dry and paint grow.

All Crichton and Cleary in that last 25mins and an absolute thriller. Just wish they can perform like that if only once for NSW.

I would hope any player would be more passionate about his team, who he plays a whole season with than a 3 game SOO farce once a year.
I agree. May I add that when it comes to passion, motivation and mateship Penrith aren’t an ordinary team. Most players have been playing together all their lives. How many played at St Marys?
Broncos otoh don’t think any of them played junior footy together?
It means a lot if you’re down 8-24 just as it does if you’re up 24-8 heading into the last quarter, having a ref who wants the game to flow.

2023 NRL PREMIERSHIP DECIDER BREAKS GRAND FINAL STREAMING RECORDS

NRL GRAND FINAL REACHES 4.6 MILLION
NRL 2023 SEASON VIEWERSHIP UP YEAR ON YEAR ON NINE
MOST WATCHED NRLW GRAND FINAL IN HISTORY
MOST WATCHED GRAND FINAL IN BRISBANE SINCE 2017

Ill be kind and assume yo uare a kid. A Johns wouldnt have missed those three tackles leading to tries and would have carried his team home the same. Cleary is also yet to dominate at SoO level.

Johns is the GOAT by the stretch. Cleary is in the same discussion as the Sterlings, Stuarts, Langers etc which is pretty high praise.
I'll be kinder and assume you are a young adult. Wally Lewis would have made those tackles, knocked the ball loose, regained possession and scored under the posts. Then converted his own tries. Broncos by 30.

Luke Brooks would have gotten exactly the same outcome in that stacked Penrith side.

Discuss...

I love this one. Thanks for putting that one to me.

I think you are wrong. Brooks would have had them up a lot more and wouldn't have missed those tackles.

I'll be kinder and assume you are a young adult. Wally Lewis would have made those tackles, knocked the ball loose, regained possession and scored under the posts. Then converted his own tries. Broncos by 30.

I saw him walking at Leichardt playing in a terrible Seagulls team and he still won the game for them. He was walking. I'm not even joking.

Back